Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Save file doesn't "lock" and write after you save in-game: Only when you reset or close.

AuthorMessage

NightmareJames
Posted: 30 Nov, 2017 06:46
I have had many cases where the save file of a game doesn't "lock" after you save it: You actually have to shut the program off or reset the game to get it to save on your hard drive: This is not cool, especially with games that lag and crash. Is there any way this can be fixed, or is this a technical restriction of the SNES console?

-James

BenGhazi
Posted: 30 Nov, 2017 19:15
Emulation > Settings > Auto-Save SRAM > [Set to anything > 0 seconds]

CookiemonsterIke
Posted: 29 Dec, 2017 22:18
Last Edit: 29 Dec, 2017 22:19
I've had this problem a lot too. And you'd need to set it to < 0 seconds, not less. Hoping it'll work now. Thanks for the post!

FoggyNights
Posted: 03 Apr, 2018 04:17
Okay, just lost 4 hours of Illusion of Gaia gameplay because of this. My game froze up after 15 minutes of AFK and despite saving, all of my progress was lost and it reverted to the save I had before I started up the game this session. Can I get some clarification on the above two posters. One says set it to > 0 seconds, the next says < 0 seconds. Which is it?

Jamiras
Posted: 03 Apr, 2018 04:31
You'll note the next says "< 0, not less", it seems like they might not know that "<" is less. You can't actually set the value to a negative number.

FoggyNights
Posted: 03 Apr, 2018 22:28
That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. I'm new to changing these types of settings.

CookiemonsterIke
Posted: 15 Apr, 2018 02:39
Last Edit: 15 Apr, 2018 02:41
Actually, X > 0 means X is greater than zero. X < 0 means X is less than 0. ....And I see now why I was wrong. Sorry about that.

But it's still cutting off the game where I last closed the emulator. I haven't tested resetting the game, and I won't unless it crashes just after I do.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account