Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Crash Team Racing

Page: < 1 2 3
AuthorMessage

Posted: 31 Oct, 2019 19:16
having seperate achievements for each relic seems kinda spammy. It's not a huge deal about people being locked out of the achievements since manual unlocks exist but i feel like just converting the relic achievements that were there before to be platinum only would have been the better option. Regardless glad that platinum relics are required now.

Posted: 31 Oct, 2019 21:09
Last Edit: 31 Oct, 2019 21:12
I would just convert the "gold or platinum" achievements into "platinum only" too. I know some people who only got the gold relics in some races would benefit this way, but I think having 3 relics achievements for each race is super spammy.

Sometimes you get on the bad side of a set revision (i.e. when a tough achievement you have gets its requirements turned easier), sometimes you get benefited (when requirements get tougher). I think having the set cleaner is more important than being super cautious about who absolutely deserve each achievement for sure up to the point of changing the set structure.

I think having the sapphire relics only are required to unlock something further in the game, correct? So you want to kinda reward the players who just want to earn the sapphire relics to unlock that thing further in the game. I mean, I see your point, but things will get pretty spammy... I don't think it's worth it.

, for example, is a player who already mastered the set and agree with just having the "gold or platinum" turned into "platinum only", otherwise he would need to redo a lot of stuff, so there's the convenience argument too.

Anyway, sorry if I'm being kinda annoying here and it seems like I'm going after you or something, I'm not, it's really just how I think it would be a better solution. I'm really thankful you're disposing yourself to listen to opinions and improve a set which is already pretty good.

Posted: 31 Oct, 2019 21:14
No, if I don't make sapphires, someone will ask for them, so I'm including the sapphires now as gradual achievements before someone else wonders why they're not there.

I'm not going to change gold-relics over to platinum-only, because then people would say the people who got them before cheated and didn't deserve them. Also I've explained this, but they are separate because of how the RAM handles them. I can't group them together so easily without creating more problems, this is the most stable way of doing it.

Posted: 31 Oct, 2019 21:22
Last Edit: 31 Oct, 2019 21:38
the people that will actually care about that stuff is minor. I think most people just want a good set.

Sapphires are required anyway so i don't see a point in having achievements for them. Making new achievements for the platinum forces people who already got them before when going for gold or platinum to replay the entire game over again just to do what they already did. Yes, changing the gold ones to platinum only does benefit players who only obtained gold, but it makes the set less spammy and more convinient for those who already had the game mastered in the end. The quality of the set is more important than making absolute sure that absolutely no one has an achievement they don't deserve and forcing people that did deserve it to replay the game again.

copy paste what thoreau already said. You're a good dev for willing to listen to community feedback and change a set after it's already published.

Posted: 23 Dec, 2019 07:59
Last Edit: 25 Dec, 2019 18:11
I feel like this set is overscored at the moment being worth 1000 points. Some similar games out of comparison:

, 350 points
, 585 points
, 625 points

I want to propose the following rescore:

, 5 -> 1
, 5 -> 2
, 5 -> 5

(this above change for all 18 tracks relics achievements)

, 10 -> 5

(have all 18 tracks N Tropy achievements worth 5 points instead of the first 9 being worth 5 and the last 9 being worth 10)

, 25 -> 10

(have all 18 tracks N Oxide achievements worth 10 points instead of the first 6 being worth 10 and the last 12 being worth 25)

Keep everything else the same.

Total: 1000 -> 649

Posted: 02 Jan, 2020 01:13
Following some suggestions, I'm proposing the demotion of the Sapphire and Gold Relics achievements. They're pretty easy (just beat the track by getting most boxes which are in your regular path anyway and you have the gold relic) and most important they make things spammy. The real challenge is getting the Platinum Relics achievements, which should be the ones to stay. Also the game just keeps track of your higher relic, "discarding" the lower ones, so it won't feel like you got items in your inventory which doesn't have achievements. Set would go from 604 points to 550, which would still be the highest scored PS1 Crash Bandicoot game among all five of them.

Posted: 07 Feb, 2020 14:23
The Dingo Canyon Relic Race freezes after completion the 5 times I have tried it. I attempted saving the score afterward, not saving the score after, winning just the sapphire relic, winning the gold relic, getting all the boxes, and not getting all the boxes. Each scenario caused the game to freeze when trying to continue back to the main board and therefore is not possible to finish. If anyone has completed this relic race with the correct hash coded version of the game please let me know what settings or method you used to bypass this problem.

Posted: 08 Feb, 2020 10:53
I had the same problem. I'm struggling to remember what exactly I did to go through, but at least I can tell you there is a way. I was playing the game on RetroArch (Beetle PSX HW), but I guess I was able to do that specific part on RAlibretro.

Posted: 11 Feb, 2020 15:09
I appreciate the info. I'll try some different settings using RAlibretro. I have been using increased settings to make things run more smoothly. Perhaps going back to more basic settings will allow me to pass this spot. If anyone has any information on how to make the game progress past Dingo Canyon we should definitely share this info with the community. Perhaps a sticky post in this thread so everyone knows the known issues.

Posted: 11 Feb, 2020 15:18
The only change I made to my RAlibretro setup was to resize the window back to 1x to get past the issue of Dingo Canyon freezing up. I hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

Posted: 15 Jun, 2020 10:01
The description for the 'Coco Park Time Trial Master' achievement incorrectly states that you must beat the 'N Trophy' ghost instead of the N Oxide ghost.

Posted: 15 Jun, 2020 14:32
Fixed, thanks for reporting it.

Posted: 08 Jul, 2020 12:36
- 7 laps with Coco in Coco Park on hard
- 7 laps with Dr. Cortex in Cortex Castle on hard

and then, each racer 7 laps on hard in their main track
Page: < 1 2 3

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account