Final Fantasy VII
Posted: 04 Mar, 2018 21:32
I'll go ahead and join everyone else on developing for this game, I'm especially interested in the eventual ~Bonus~ set.
Posted: 31 Oct, 2018 04:07
Last Edit: 31 Oct, 2018 05:12
Definitely Achievements for major story beats or boss battles.
For party-based RPGs, Achievements for acquiring different party characters are a good idea:
- &^#$#: Recruit Barret into your party.
- The Busty Brawler: Recruit Tifa into your party.
- Flower Girl: Recruit Aerith into your party.
- Is That Your Real Name?: Recruit Red XIII into your party.
- You Call THAT a Weapon?!?!: Recruit Cait Sith into your party.
- Tea and Cigarettes: Recruit Cid into your party.
- The Single White Rose of Wutai!: Recruit Yuffie into your party.
- The Crimson Vampire: Recruit Vincent into your party.
Completionist Achievements are an easy fit into any RPG:
- Weapons Master: Obtain every weapon.
- WEAPON Master: Defeat every WEAPON.
- Ooh, Shiny!: Obtain one of every Materia.
- The Essence of Magic: Master one of every Materia
- Gonna Fly Now: Reach Level 99 with any character.
There are several mini-games or set-pieces throughout FFVII that could fit an achievement or two:
- It's a Trap!: Trick Don Corneo into choosing Cloud.
- Motorized Cavalry: Complete the motorcycle chase sequence without any damage to the truck.
- Hut - 2 - 3 - 4: Flawlessly complete the Junon Harbour Parade.
There are also some popular community challenges that would make great Achievements:
- Been There, Done That: Defeat the Midgar Zolom before seeing that Sephiroth has.
- Hold Your Breath: Defeat Emerald Weapon without using the Underwater Materia.
- Coming Out: Go on a date with Barret.
If you want anything more from me, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Posted: 06 Nov, 2018 08:33
My ideas :
- Lucky day: execute 7777 damage
- Pleasure men: take a bath with guys to Wall Market
- Master of the carnival: get get all the rewards to Gold saucer
- Crazy swamp: Crosses the marsh without meeting the snake (Midgar Zolom) or no Chocobo
- Perfect learning: Get the 24 talent of the enemy
- Master perfect learning: Get every (four) 24 talent of the enemy
- Fair fight: Defeated emerald weapon and ruby weapon without using materia or 7777 damage
- Source of happiness: Upgrade 255 stat every 8 caracteres
- Hurry up in Midgar: Beat the game in less than 12 hours
- Precious Bagrisk: Get a Vagyrisk's claw (item very rare)
- A bit of courage: Enter the building Shinra only with the stairs
Posted: 24 Dec, 2018 03:55
Tourists at a Tea Party- Barge into the Shinra building through the front door
Posted: 09 Aug, 2019 03:34
Posted: 13 Aug, 2019 22:04
Posted: 14 Aug, 2019 21:07
Posted: 07 Sep, 2019 17:01
Last Edit: 07 Sep, 2019 17:39
Missables are identified by a glass effect that looks like this.
Here's a full list:
Posted: 19 Sep, 2019 20:57
The ~bonus~ set is now live. Patches and md5 information can be found on the first post. Some important information to note regarding the Aerith only challenges can be found in this pastebin to avoid spoilers.
Posted: 21 Sep, 2019 07:53
BenGhazi, now that there is a new Bonus set for Final Fantasy VII it may be a good opportunity to transfer some cheevos for it.
2 cheevos of the set caught my attention: the Great Escape and the Low Level one. I really believe their impact on the gameplay really is fit to the bonus set.
I also think that some cheevos should award more points, like the weapons ones. I'll take a look at the sheet you provided to better access this.
I really would have liked to give some insights on this project but unfortunately I was too busy with SotN XD.
Posted: 28 Sep, 2019 05:35
Last Edit: 28 Sep, 2019 22:29
Could we add support for the "beacause" retranslation project patches? I would like to provide the checksums, but I'm having trouble finding any information regarding the proper way to do so with PSX titles.
Posted: 04 Oct, 2019 21:52
Posted: 05 Oct, 2019 03:12
When we were discussing it
Posted: 06 Oct, 2019 18:18
Just personal opinion: I feel that the emerald and ruby weapon achievements should have some sort of restrictions in place ie: no kotr, mime or underwater materia. I would say w-item too but i dont know how you would stop this as you could just duplicate hero drinks and mega-elixirs outside the battle. They are too easy once u have these materia. Just to put it in perspective im no pro and i managed to kill emerald in the time limit, at level 60, with double growth equipment, and did not need final attack phoenix.
Ruby seems far harder, i cant really find anything outside of summons that causes him damage without drastically over leveling or source farming. Quadra magic + bahamut? With kotr + mime hes a cake walk.
Also I was surprised there was no achievement for breeding a gold chocobo.
Posted: 08 Oct, 2019 19:55
Last Edit: 08 Oct, 2019 20:09
I'm inclined to agree with
login to RetroAchievements:
or create a new account
or create a new account