Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 19 Nov, 2017 04:30 by

List of all developers interested in working on a set for this game:

Salsa
Posted: 19 Nov, 2017 04:31
Last Edit: 21 Nov, 2017 23:13
List of ideas/planned achievements:

Achievements:
- Final Fantasy IX Ultimania timeline checkpoints (~52) more details here http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_IX/Timeline (some could be skipped)
- all abilities, and the best equipement for each character (8)
- defeat/reach end of fight with each boss after stealing everything from him/her (48) not counting bosses without anything to steal, Hades and Ozma; could be named "The Tantalus Challenge"
- ATE's for each location that have them (14)
- Festival of the Hunt (1)
- "I Want to Be Your Canary" sword fight minigame (1)
- save everyone during the battle of Cleyra (1)
- obtaining Excalibur II (1)
- Tetra Master card collection (1)
- Mognet Central sidequest (1)
- friendly monsters sidequest (1)
- Ragtime Mouse's mini game (1)
- Morrid's coffee sidequest (1)
- treasure Hunter Rank S (1)
- Quina's frog catching sidequest/mini game (1)
- Nero brothers' "who is who" minigame (1)
- first Chocograph found (1)
- Dead Pepper used for the first time (1)
- visting Chocobo Paradise (1)
- Stellazzio Coins sidequest (1)
- Treno's weapon shop monsters challenge (4) or only one of them (1)
- Treno's auction related (1)
- all Chocograph and Dead Pepper locations looted (1)
- Chocobo Hot & Cold 10000 points (1)
- Racing hippaul sidequest (1)
- Hades & Ozma optional bosses (2)
- Black Jack minigame (1)
- selected refferences to other FF games (?)

Leaderboards
- Excalibur II challenge
- Chocobo Hot & Cold one game score for each location (3)
- Jump Rope

FitzG
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 06:56
I would like to help you with this set.

BenGhazi
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 11:27
Last Edit: 14 Jan, 2018 11:28
- obtaining Excalibur II (1)

That seems disproportionate for the amount of work needed.

This game should have an Lowest EXP leaderboard similar to FFV since it's not as good for Low Level games as the other games in the series.

Salsa
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 11:57
Excalibur II challenge is an integral a part of the game, and every player who knows this game will find the set lacking if it won't be included. I assume that before we will start working on this set we will have the game beating award already implemented. Still this challenge is balancing on the boarder of core and bonus set for me, but I evision the players would prefer to have it in bonus.

The fact this game is split to 4 discs will put to question any long term leaderboards, that include Excalibur II challenge.

HippopotamusRex
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 15:00
I agree Excalibur 2 should be there. It is a staple challenge and the set whether bonus or regular should have it.

I would recommend against full steal ones on bosses. Particularly Hill Gigas since the boss steal rate in this game is incredibly low and it would just cause frustration. Unless the person actually finds the item useful in which case it incentivizes itself without needing an achievement.

Salsa
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 15:41
I get that stealing Fairy Flute from this boss is the most obnoxious moment in this matter, still I'm attempting to steal from it every single time I play the game and I'm doing it, that's why I think the challenge should be there. But that's my opinion.

Altomar
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 16:00
Its nice to see so many PS games added but i am curious have you tried any beta RAPS emu if there is any to see how easy or hard is to map the memory? Maping N64 and creating more complex achievements was a pain without any help from sites with resources in codes.

ALI88
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 16:31
Wait is Playstation moving ahead to the point we might see it in the near future?

BenGhazi
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 17:36
Last Edit: 14 Jan, 2018 17:38
I never said it shouldn't be an achievement as I think it would be a great achievement to have. My issue was more with the point value, doing what is essentially a speedrun should be worth more than 1 point.

Apologies for not making that clearer from the start.

Salsa
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 17:59
Last Edit: 14 Jan, 2018 18:46
@Altomar Memory hunt strictly depends on the game, some of them could have big deal of dynamic memory, or even somewhat encrypted. The fact PlayStation is more connected with secondary SRAM in form of Memory Card, could have critical, direct influence on allocation. Creating complex achievement will be require more functionality especially in form of more advanced structure.

@ALI88 One of developers created hype on the site and discord server about PlayStation support getting to RA really soon. I will confirm that PlayStation is really on it's way, still we need to work more to get it there, so it still will take awhile, but not too long.

@BenGhazi Those numers in brackets aren't points, but potential number of possible achievements.

ALI88
Posted: 14 Jan, 2018 18:27
Salsa
Amazing 😁 this i can't wait for.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account