Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Leaderboards now available through RetroArch!

AuthorMessage

Celeryyy
Posted: 15 Nov, 2017 22:07
Last Edit: 15 Nov, 2017 22:08
Leaderboards? In my RetroArch? It's more likely than you might think.

The last bit of code needed for leaderboards has been merged into RetroArch's master branch, meaning they're available for anyone who updates to the latest nightly version (anything on or after November 15, 2017). After you update, a new option will appear in the Achievements category. You need to enable both Hardcore Mode and Leaderboards for them to be active.

Because the current RA catalog is absolutely massive, there's no way I could test every game out there, so there may be some hiccups at first. That's why I'm calling on you guys to please write a few notes into this form if you try out any games with the new leaderboards.

Error reports are of course what I'm looking for, but if the games are giving you good experiences, write those in too! It'd be nice to have a large list of games confirmed working.

Form link:
Link

How to update:
You can get the latest version of RetroArch from the nightly builds here: Link
Testing on devices not everyone can (Android, Wii U, Vita, RasPi) would be a HUGE help as well.

If anyone has any issues enabling or submitting leaderboards on RetroArch please mention me ( @Celerizer (Celeryyy) ) in the #help-me channel on the official Discord, or leave a comment here and I'll look into it.

Aria
Posted: 21 Nov, 2017 21:04
Seems to be working on 1.6.8 (Linux) :)

partTimeNinja
Posted: 13 Mar, 2018 07:26
Last Edit: 13 Mar, 2018 07:28
I'm using retroarch and all of the leaderboards I've tested work. However, sometimes it sends false scores. The two that I know of are batman NES (High score) and Zelda link to the past SNES (Legendary Link). Seems like whenever I hit my button combo to reset the game, it sends the max score to both those leaderboards.

Whelkman
Posted: 13 Mar, 2018 09:11
Copied from chat because I didn't notice this posting:

That "score" is 2^31 - 1, the largest positive value a signed 32-bit integer can hold. I'm guessing something caused an overflow. Checking my score, I notice I have -2147481267, so an underflow of 1 - 2^31, which seems strangely off by one. Incidentally I, too, use RetroArch.

Additionally, I use x64 nightlies and update both program and cores often but haven't played ALttP since January; I just noticed the errant data.

ENZYME1
Posted: 13 Mar, 2018 09:38
I've addressed this issue on the RetroArch log, in the case of Batman: the Video Game, it seems to be ignoring the command for "cancel"

FRANKBOOTH462
Posted: 07 Apr, 2018 01:46
Last Edit: 07 Apr, 2018 03:12
Hello. Can someone add a leaderboard for donkey Kong Jr NES? Thanks! P.S. Love the site!

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account