Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Posted: 10 Aug, 2017 00:27
someone should make a set for this addicting game

Posted: 08 Jan, 2019 20:48
Last Edit: 27 Jan, 2019 22:32
Working on a set for this, here's what I've got so far (this will probably be added to/edited):

• 4 achievements for beating each level in Mission mode
• 3 achievements for beating the first three levels in Mission mode under a certain time limit (the timer isn't shown in-game but I'll provide leaderboards so the player can know where they're at)
• 1 achievement for beating the last level in Mission mode without dying [it's pretty tough, so I may change it to without dying more than once, not sure yet]
• 1-4 achievements for the player reaching certain score thresholds in Mission Mode (not sure yet if I want to do 1 per level or simply 1 for any level)
• 3 achievements for reaching certain depths in Endless Driller mode (one for each difficulty)
• 20 achievements for beating Time Attack levels under certain times (making achievements for simply beating every level is a bit redundant since you get Driller Cards for them, hence this idea)
• 4 achievements for collecting 5/10/15/20 Driller Cards (most of these are simply earned by playing the three different modes)
• 2 achievements involving different air and/or character restrictions - for example, beating x level or reaching y depth using Anna (whose air runs out quickly but moves fast) without her air dropping below a certain percent, or the opposite, using Susumu (who moves slower but has slower air consumption) with his air not being above a certain % after reaching a certain depth, like 5m
• 1 achievement for reaching a certain depth by digging straight down in Endless Driller mode (note to self: 58m is current best so far in 1 life; with 5 lives it was 216m)
• 1 achievement for reaching a certain depth without moving past the first three columns of blocks after a certain depth, maybe 5m, in Endless Driller mode
• 2 freebie achievements, one for breaking 1000 blocks and another for receiving an extra life

Total: ~42 achievements

The set should be out in the next week or so, the achievements are about 90% coded, I just need to make badges and name them basically. Any additional ideas are welcome as well.

Posted: 28 Jan, 2019 17:32
The set is posted, enjoy! Let me know if anything doesn't unlock or unlocks at the wrong time.

Just as a heads up, the achievements should work on both European and US roms, but the set was made on the European one, so all the depth requirements are in meters (m). For US roms the depth requirements are just multiplied by 5 (so 100m = 500ft). I wanted to include the Japanese rom as well (which uses meters), but a bunch of the memory addresses were different so it'd be some additional work to add support to that. Maybe eventually though.

For , you can't go past these three columns of blocks after you hit 6m:

And finally, I based the depth/time/score-related challenges about half on my high scores/times and also on a longplay video I used. The problem is, I'm terrible at the game and the guy in the video was incredibly good, so some of the challenges might be too easy while others are too hard. I'll keep an eye on the leaderboards to see how people are doing and make adjustments as needed.

Posted: 10 Aug, 2019 01:34
Last Edit: 24 Oct, 2019 20:47
Fixed up the set a bit, seems like the Driller Card achievements were all simultaneously popping for some people when the conditions weren't met, so hopefully that's fixed. I couldn't get them to unlock illegitimately for me playing on both US and Europe roms, but if it happens in the future, please let me know what you were doing at the time - using save states, in certain menus, etc.

I also buffed the points slightly (480 -> 515) and lowered the requirements for some of the harder/more tedious achievements along with raising the requirement for the easiest one (). Hopefully this helps make the set less frustrating and more fun to play. Here's the ones I made easier:

(added 30 seconds)
(added 2 minutes)
(decreased by 1000m)
(decreased by 1000m)
(50% -> 40%)

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account