login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

The Achievement of the Week Challenge - Week 1

Page: < 1 2 3
AuthorMessage

Scott
Posted: 16 Feb, 2014 18:33
So , I see what you're saying: you already earned it on hardcore, and you played it through again thinking there would be an additional in-app pop-up that would give you an extra achievement? That is completely logical and I see why you would have expected that - in fact I'll see if I can implement something like that, some way of flagging the achievement as 'periodically re-earnable' or something, so it does show up again!

I'm sure can enter you into the current challenge as 'earned on hardcore, 2 points', right ? :)

Normally speaking, the achievement of the week won't be one that you've already earned. However if you already have earned it, I think the way most guys have done it, is by using the Settings Page and removing the already earned achievement. This will remove it from your account so you can earn it again during the challenge week so that it will pop up again, but that's pretty complicated considering - it should be an additional thing that pops up anyway, definitely agree with you (no fuss = good!).

So what sort of badge would you have expected to get for entering the weekly competition? I'll check in with at the end of the competition for a list of entrants and see what I can do :)

popoki
Posted: 16 Feb, 2014 19:37
Actualy, no, I just earned it for the first time today thinking I'd get like a Site Award (like you apparently get for "mastering" games, as I did for KDL). Either way, as long as I'm counted in the leaderboard for this, I'm happy >>

But if you already have the achievement and it's the Achievement of the Week, I'm not sure if you should have to earn it again, but rather already get the reward / 1 or 2 points on the leaderboard for that week? Unless you make *special* one-time-only challenges for the weekly things. Or maybe just make 'em go back and get 'em again if we already had em, but I'm not sure how I feel about that... but then guys that've already earned tons of achieves for tons of games can just sit around and reap points for the weeklies, and that wouldn't be too fun... THEN AGAIN it'd be pretty fair and would give people who DON'T have tons of achievements in tons of games already more incentive to go get some elusive/challenging ones..!

And what type of badge? Well, I think we should get either:
A) a special badge for each week detailing the fact that you got that week's challenge finished within the time-frame, a new one for each week (which would make us feel SPECIALER but would get really crowded eventually..)
or B), a single badge or similar type of thing on our profile showing how many weekly challenges we've completed and/or our 'score' like the topic creator's keeping track of manually on the forum here. This one seems like a smarter option!

JonnyRetro
Posted: 17 Feb, 2014 00:17
Woo! Just got this! Add me for 2 points please! :)

I like the idea for badge / award for the weekly challenges.. for example week 1 challenge, week 2 challenge etc. More incentive :)

TrainerAbu
Posted: 17 Feb, 2014 10:30
Hey, guys! I received the achievement. How about adding me? :3

JonnyRetro
Posted: 17 Feb, 2014 10:31
Congrats Abu!

coczero
Posted: 17 Feb, 2014 16:08
2 points for me .. :) if its not too late lol

PhilInTheBlanks
Posted: 17 Feb, 2014 16:30
I don't see why not, coczero, it's still on the front page, so it should still count

jackolantern
Posted: 17 Feb, 2014 16:47
StingX2 said it finishes at 22:00 EST tonight.

jackolantern
Posted: 18 Feb, 2014 00:01
Just done it on hardcore. woooooo!!

StingX2
Posted: 18 Feb, 2014 00:25
Going to post the new challenge but still taking entries for 2.5 Hours

Scott
Posted: 18 Feb, 2014 01:48
Hey StingX2! Am I within the time limit? Just earned on hardcore :D man my heart is still racing!

StingX2
Posted: 18 Feb, 2014 02:33
Yes, ps. news posts still broke so I couldn't advertise week 2
Page: < 1 2 3

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account