Forgot password?
login to

Wonder Boy in Monster World

Page: < 1 2

Posted: 09 Jun, 2017 11:50
Thanks Silv3rSkull. Could you possible look for Monster World IV? That's a great game!

Posted: 09 Jun, 2017 15:49
Last Edit: 09 Jun, 2017 15:59

Well, not sure. I am a huge fan of Wonder Boy series, but Monster World IV for me was a good game, not great. Has a very emotional ending though.

I am looking forward to replicate these achievements on Turma da Mônica na Terra dos Montros, but before that I need to fix a little mess I did with the ROM checksum after patching it.

Posted: 09 Jun, 2017 16:20
Great, I will play that hack when its ready too!

Posted: 10 Jun, 2017 10:14
So is the Chill Out achievement for the first run to Childam only after using the bracelet or can it be anytime (Like after getting all weapons or getting better ones? I know there is a shortcut back to Purapril post Ice Bomber, I am just curious that if its only a limited time thing.

Posted: 10 Jun, 2017 13:34

It can be done at any time. Also, if you get hit by a monster, just return to the screen where the door used to be and start again. No need to heal or go to an Inn.

Posted: 25 Dec, 2017 19:03
The USA rom (ea426ae66f3071e39fc76674d3f063cb) has been unlinked from the set. It now links to: . This might have happened during the site server renovation we had a year ago. We don't want to leave the USA roms unlinked, especially in this case where players are patching their roms.

Posted: 09 Mar, 2018 03:10
Meu game não esta salvando! Sabem me dizer qual o problema ??

My game is not saving! Can you tell me what the problem is?

¡ mi juego no es salvar! ¿puede decirme cuál es el problema?

Posted: 12 Mar, 2018 20:09
It seems ea426ae66f3071e39fc76674d3f063cb has been unlinked from the set again. I was just earning achievements under that rom about 8 hours ago, and when I tried to load it up over my lunch break, the emulator prompted me to choose which game to link it to, then stated this rom is not in the database.

Posted: 13 Mar, 2018 09:22
Re-linked (a second time), IDK Y its happening. I'd hate to think someone is messing around here.
@drakonos85, read this game's page comments for info on how to save your game natively (you may need to patch your rom)

Posted: 13 Mar, 2018 19:12
Last Edit: 13 Mar, 2018 19:13
I appreciate the quick response. Thank you, ENZYME1.

Posted: 22 Mar, 2018 19:29
Last Edit: 22 Mar, 2018 21:34
@ImpliedKappa, no problem. I think there is some miscommunication regarding rom reliability as I've noticed there has been numerous reports of user's roms not linking to games they have been earning achievements all along with. So because of that and the pm I just got, I'm going to bring to public what I have wrote to

If you are unlinking roms to sets which have less than 10 MD5s, please let the community know publicly before you do so. Ideally, achievement sets should be compatible with as many versions as possible--as long as there is no difference in difficulty, no significant difference in speed/framerate of the unique rom, etc.

Where I get my roms is from a very reliable site which removed older unverified data, so my version is supposedly the verified [!] version. It is also the version that was most likely used with the original set (and many players are using.)

Posted: 22 Mar, 2018 23:32
Sounds like a good policy. I'm glad to hear you're working on a broader solution across all games, as I have seen one or two other people over the past week posting about roms they were using suddenly becoming unlinked.
Page: < 1 2

login to
or create a new account