Wikipedia

JonnyRetro
Posted: 10 Feb, 2014 11:32
You've went and loaded up a real gem here!! :D

JonnyRetro
Posted: 10 Feb, 2014 21:08

yoyo
Posted: 12 Feb, 2014 05:56
Very happy to see this game up, love this series. Starting the ROM, I instantly got two achievements: INN and Knight Defeated. Just thought I'd letcha know.

PepsimanVsJoe
Posted: 15 Feb, 2014 08:14
Same here. Got both the Inn and Knight defeated achievements in the first 2 seconds.
Also when the old lady gave me the elixir and fire storm I also got the charm stone achievement.
Charmstones are usually 500k and the only one that can be found is late-game.

Scott
Posted: 30 Mar, 2014 12:16
Last Edit: 11 Apr, 2015 18:13
You'll need this patch to get the SRAM working:
Wonderboy 5 (MonsterWorld 3) (UE) (!) (SRAM).zip

Apply it to the ROM with this tool:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/

It works for me using Wonder Boy in Monster World (UE) [!].srm (GoodGen)

For more information:
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-27630.html

Scott
Posted: 30 Mar, 2014 12:18
Also note there appear to be a fair few achievements that aren't working in this one - I'm looking into these now

Mutawarrior
Posted: 07 Jun, 2015 02:55
Here are some achievements I think should be added for this game that I grouped by categories:

Boss based achievements:

1. An achievement for meeting/getting to Poseidon

2. An achievement for answering every question of the Sphinx’s quiz correctly

3. An achievement for defeating The Ice Bomber

4. An achievement for defeating The Tyrant Dragon

5. An achievement for defeating the Almighty Demon King

6. An achievement(s) for defeating Gragg & Glagg, The Tyrant Dragon, The Ice Bomber, and The Myconid each for the 2nd time during the boss rush in space

7. An achievement for defeating Biomeka (final boss)

Non-equippable item achievements:

1. An achievement for getting the Lamp in the Lilypad monster cave/ruins

2. An achievement for getting the Sun key

3. An achievement for getting the Moon key

4. An achievement for getting the Star key

5. An achievement for getting the Bracelet from the Elder Dragon of Begonia

6. Achievements for getting the Blue & Gold gems from the Ice Castle

7. An achievement for getting the Old Axe from Ice Castle after defeating The Ice Bomber

8. An achievement for finding the Charmstone in the Pyramid

9. An achievement for getting the Fire Urn from the Volcano after defeating the Tyrant Dragon

10. An achievement for buying a Charmstone from Sundry in Purapril Castle (costs 500,000 gold)

Magic achievements:

1. An achievement for getting Thunder magic from the Sphinx after answering every question of his quiz correctly

2. Achievements for getting the Power & Shield magics secretly located within the cliff that leads down to Maugham Desert from the dragon area (see the 6m31s mark of the video below to see what I'm talking about)

3. An achievement for maximizing Shion's magic (done by finding every magic hidden in the game, saving the Charmstone found in the pyramid and then buying more charmstones from the Sundry shop in Purapril Castle town & trading them 2 at a time to the man in the secret shop in Purapril Castle town for magic upgrades; max magic = 12 units each of the Fire Storm, Thunder, Shield, Quake & Power magics and 1 unit of Return; see the 2m39s mark of the video above)

Helper character achievements:

1. An achievement for getting Priscilla from Queen Eleanora of Alsedo

2. An achievement for getting Shabo from Childam as a helper

Weapon / Armor / Shield / Boots achievements:

1. An achievement for getting the Hard Shield from secret room that Hotta punches open in the cave/ruins next to Lilypad

2. An achievement for getting all 4 Pygmy item (Sword, Armor, Shield & Boots)

3. An achievement for getting all 4 Legendary items (Sword, Armor, Shield & Boots)

4. An achievement for having all 8 weapons in the game (Gradius, Small Spear, Knight Sword, Trident, Excalibur, Battle Spear, Pygmy Sword, Legend Sword)

5. An achievement for having all 8 armor in the game (Leather Armor, Chain mail, Hard Armor, Steel Armor, Knight Armor, Pygmy Armor, Flame Armor, Legend Armor)

6. An achievement for having all 8 shields in the game (Wood Shield, Shell Shield, Hard Shield, Steel Shield, Knight Shield, Pygmy Shield, Flame Shield, Legend Shield)

7. An achievement for having all 8 boots in the game (Cloth Boots, Leather Boots, Ladder Boots, Marine Boots, Oasis Boots, Ceramic Boots, Pygmy Boots, Legend Boots)

Heart / Life Meter achievements:

1. An achievement for getting the Heart in the secret Pygmy area of the pyramid (the area you get to by passing through a fake wall as Pygmy Shion)

2. An achievement for getting the Heart in the secret room behind the Pygmy door in the cave/ruins outside Lilypad (i.e. the dungeon with Gragg & Glagg)

3. An achievement for getting the Heart in the secret room accessed by jumping in the lava in the volcano (obtained while searching for the Fire Urn)

4. An achievement for getting the Heart in the secret Pygmy area of the room in Nightmare Castle where you get the Legend Armor (see the 1m08s mark of the video below to see what I'm talking about)

5. An achievement for getting a full life meter of 14 hearts without trading in a single charmstone for a heart (i.e. for finding all 11 hearts in the game)

Finding-based achievements:

1. An achievement for finding the secret shop in Purapril Castle Town with the guy who gives you life upgrades for every 1 charmstone traded & magic upgrades for every 2 charmstones traded (see the 2m15s mark of the video below to see what I'm talking about)

2. An achievement for finding & using the 1st Pygmy transformation platform on the mountain

3. An achievement for finding & using the 2nd Pygmy transformation platform in Nightmare Castle (see the 9m17s mark of the video below to see what I'm talking about)

4. An achievement for solving the maze in Nightmare Castle (there are achievements for doing this same thing in Worlds 7-4 & 8-4 of Super Mario Bros)

Rescue-based achievements:

1. An achievement for saving the Prince of DarkWorld from Biomeka's influence

Ryan914
Posted: 20 Jan, 2016 15:46
Some Cheevos:

* Mushroom Picker: Defeat Myconid without Taking Damage
* Silent Forest: Defeat Myconid without using Magic
* Rock Smasher: Defeat Gragg and Glagg without Taking Damage
* Easter Island: Defeat Gragg and Glagg without using Magic
* Ice Cracker: Defeat Ice Bomber without Taking Damage
* Slippery: Defeat Ice Bomber without using Magic
* Dragon Slayer: Defeat the Tyrant Dragon without Taking Damage
* Heated Battle: Defeat the Tyrant Dragon without using Magic
* Demon Slayer: Defeat the Demon King without the Elixir in your inventory (Must not have it in inventory before the battle)
* Berserker: Defeat the Demon King without using Magic
* Bio-mechanical Warrior: Defeat Biomeka without the Elixir in your inventory (Must not have it in inventory before the battle)
* Destined Blade: Defeat Biomeka without Magic

Last 2 bosses are practically impossible to take no damage from due to the amount of things you have to avoid.

* No Help Needed (Fairy Village): Complete the Cave without Priscella
* No Help Needed (Lilipad): Complete the Temple without Hotta (Leave Lilipad and Return)
* No Help Needed (Dark World): Complete the Ice Palace without Shabo
* No Help Needed (Begonia): Complete the Volcano without the Baby Dragon
* Musical Sense: Defeat the Myconid without bringing the Ocarina to Sonia
* Musical Momento: Keep the Ocarina until the end of your adventure
* Tough it out: Complete the game without using Healing Items

Mutawarrior
Posted: 13 Nov, 2016 05:09
Last Edit: 13 Nov, 2016 05:10
I've been taking a look at the addresses and started ID'ing some that would be needed for completing the set with much needed ones suggested by me and Ryan since I like a lot of his suggestions.

I am extremely familiar with this game and where everything is so if things aren't too hard to figure out, I think I may be able to be successful. I was disappointed that some of the ones I had in mind weren't included for the achievements they made for the Wonder Boy Genesis collection on the PS3 & 360, so I want to rectify that once I get started after I finish ID'ing everything I need.

I really want achievements for finding all hearts in the game for a 14 heart lifemeter without buying any with Charmstones and for answering all the quiz questions correctly (you get a reward--IIRC it's a type of magic that the Sphinx gives you extra units for). I don't think making 1 achievement for finding all the hearts is possible. Even if a reset condition on the Charmstone address is used, a player could always cheat by using one, saving, and then resetting the game where the reset condition would then be gone and they can get the 14th heart without finding all the ones hidden throughout the game. So I'll probably make one achievement per every hidden heart that you don't get automatically for beating bosses since I plan on making achievements for beating bosses anyway. The same issue exists for Ryan's No Help Needed suggested achievements because a player can easily do everything but the boss fight without the helper characters and then exit, go to an area where the helper would leave (like staying at any inn or temporarily going to a different region) and then going back to fight the boss without the helper. Musical Sense might be possible if there's an address whose value changes when speaking to Sonia. Tough it out would have to force the player to play the game in a single sitting without saving & quitting, or else it would be prone to cheating.

I really love this game so searching for the addresses shouldn't be a chore but more of a fun task.

Ryan914
Posted: 15 Nov, 2016 00:38
Well another Achievement Idea:

* One Way Trip: Complete the game without picking up the Return spell

Musical Sense is possible due to the fact that you can immediately use the Ocarina when you find it, maybe make it so that you can't leave the cave after getting the Ocarina or else it won't pop.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 20 Nov, 2016 14:03
Last Edit: 20 Nov, 2016 14:16
I think I may be able to make Musical Sense work using the stage & world ID addresses that are currently identified. If I can do it, I'll probably have it unlock when you get to the Myconid's room.

If I make One Way Trip, I'll probably leave it as Unofficial for a while & have the users vote on if they want it in the Core achievements set because the game will have to be played twice since I want to make achievements for getting every spell in the game. Maybe if they save one time (just before the point in the game where the Return spell can be obtained), it can shorten a 2nd playthrough of the game. Or even better, I can leave a comment to the players saying to save obtaining the Return spell until after beating the game since I think the player can return to the ocean/sewer area where it's located at any time and it's not a missable. So if that's the case, then I just may include it in the Core set without a vote.

I'll know more once I have a better look at it and know what's practical and what isn't. Currently I don't know how reliable some of the addresses are after finding improperly ID'd addresses and seeing how some of them aren't behaving the way I expect them to. SamuraiGoroh will be helping me by looking at the ones I'm currently questioning and while he does that I will confirm the addresses of the various items, temporary items, magical spells, etc.

Protoblubb
Posted: 13 Apr, 2017 09:38
Would be nice if the set gets finished.

Silv3rSkull
Posted: 05 Jun, 2017 16:19
I am planning to complete the achievements for this game. Will consider the recommendations listed in this Forum. Stay tuned.

Silv3rSkull
Posted: 09 Jun, 2017 03:35
Achievements created. I did not have much time to test them, but I will certainly test more and, of course, fix any errors reported by other users.
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account