Star Fox 64
Posted: 24 May, 2017 17:58
Last Edit: 18 Mar, 2018 17:41
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Gamefaqs Guides, FAQs & Maps: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/n64/198759-star-fox-64/faqs
1. Star Fox 64 (USA).n64 (Unknown Source) / nus-nfxe-0.u1
RA Checksum: fecdcbbcd1a178a2f4b29b43facf9f39
CRC32 Checksum: 363E7EE8
2. Star Fox 64 (USA).z64 / Star Fox 64 (U) (V1.0) [!].z64 / Star Fox 64 Rev 0 (1997)(Nintendo)(US).bin
RA Checksum: caf9a78db13ee00002ff63a3c0c5eabb
CRC32 Checksum: B1FCAA9C
3. Star Fox 64 (Japan).z64 / Star Fox 64 (J) (V1.0) [!].z64 / Star Fox 64 Rev 0 (1997)(Nintendo)(JP).bin
RA Checksum: 446d5215c4d34eb8ab0f355f324b8d0e
CRC32 Checksum: 411142A7
To get support for other ROM files check with
A set of extra challenges for players who are passionate about the game and are looking for more to do after mastery.
To access the bonus set you're required to patch one of the two Linked Files.
To properly create the
1. Download the patch from https://goo.gl/yUvtJK
2. Download Lunar IPS software from http://bit.ly/2xVaJ7U
3. Apply the patch to one of the two supported ROM files listed above.
* When patching change file type from Most Common ROM files to All Files
4. In result you should receive a file with the following checksum:
MD5/RA checksum: 7420d9a92c03dfcf224a1f56d71727d1
MD5/RA checksum: 4110c7afad95d61880d54b90defee58b
* You can check the the CRC32 checksum by dropping your ROM file here http://bit.ly/2fiKwJ7
* It's recommended to rename the patched file to Star_Fox_64_U_V1.0_Bonus
5. Open the patched ROM in RAP64.
Posted: 26 May, 2017 03:08
Some achievement ideas here:
Complete Venom II.
Medal Sector Y.
Medal Sector X.
Medal Sector Z.
Medal Area 6.
Medal Venom II.
Medal Corneria (Hard).
Medal Meteos (Hard).
Medal Sector Y (Hard).
Medal Fortuna (Hard).
Medal Katina (Hard).
Medal Aquas (Hard).
Medal Sector X (Hard).
Medal Solar (Hard).
Medal Zoness (Hard).
Medal Titania (Hard).
Medal Macbeth (Hard).
Medal Sector Z (Hard).
Medal Bolse (Hard).
Medal Area 6 (Hard).
Medal Venom (Hard).
Medal Venom II (Hard).
Complete a mission without any wings.
Do not get a kill with a smart bomb.
Go through 100 rings in Training.
Get 100 kills in Training.
Posted: 26 May, 2017 03:35
-Play every possible route
-Medals for every stage
-Unlock Expert Mode
-Medal on every stage in Expert Mode
-Get both congratulations screens on Expert Mode
-Make the 64 move on the title screen
-Get alternate Katina ending dialogue (don't kill any allies/kill some allies)
-Get alternate dialogue during Metros (have Falco/don't have Falco)
-Get alternate dialogue for Fortuna (each Star Wolf member be the sole survivor when time runs out)
-Get alternate dialogue from all 4 Star Wolf pilots on Bolse (let them live on Fortuna/don't go to Fortuna)
-Get hidden dialogue from Bill (fly near him on Katina)
-Get hidden dialogue from Slippy (fly near him in any all-range stage)
-Steal kills from wingmen (multiple occasions in on-rails stages)
-Break 200 hits on Corneria
-Kill a Star Wolf member before they break formation.
-Pass through every ring in Training Mode
-Get 100 hits in Training Mode
-Clear hard route on Expert with all wingmen on every stage
-Clear hard route on Expert with no wingmen on every stage
-Destroy every part of the train on Macbeth
-Medal on Macbeth without getting the train crash ending
-Take the path on Venom II that nets the most rewards
Posted: 27 May, 2017 19:07
Myself and Tuinj are working on Star Fox. If anyone would also like to help were collaborating on a google doc and we are open for other devs or just suggestions. We'll also take a look at anything posted here.
You can examine our WIP here, and this link allows comments. If you like to contribute personally, I'll give we'll bring you in and give you write access.
Posted: 27 May, 2017 19:29
Been so long since I've played this or any other N64 game. So far, it seems you've got a lot covered, so kudos!
Posted: 05 Jun, 2017 06:48
I've been trying for the life of me to finding address with some kind of specific indication of collecting silver rings (not gold), for a couple of achievements I have planned. Have not found anything yet.
Would love help from anyone who feels like they want help out. SamuraiGorah maybe? Also if you ARE able to find a good address will you also reveal your process so I can learn from my mistakes?
Posted: 05 Jun, 2017 16:44
Gold rings (Shield rings) have the purpose of increasing your health bar (and also to give a life). Silver rings (Supply rings) only heal you, so I don't think they are tracked.
If I were to make an achievement out of them, I would probably had to rely on the sound they make when you grab them (or the sprite, but considering this is a N64 game, I'd say that's not doable).
Posted: 05 Jun, 2017 16:54
What I do for finding addresses in general is:
- First thing, I investigate if there are codes I can convert to RAW addresses (normally use http://gamehacking.org/ for this, but also searching on the Internet may lay good results). Even if they are addresses I wouldn't likely end up using here, I prefer to keep them (at least for a while).
- Next, look around those addresses to see if there are more similar ones. By this I mean, you corrupt the adjacent addresses in hopes to see a change of something related. (I repeat this with new found addresses too)
- Then I make searches of addresses which values I expect them to be. For example, searching for list options which usually go from 1 to n (or 0 to n-1) and similar.
- At last, I make guess searches for things I'm not exactly sure how they behave, like maps ID & such.
If I cannot find what I'm looking for, then I jump to Bizhawk & use their search tools, as it has plenty more options
Posted: 05 Jun, 2017 16:54
Posted: 05 Jun, 2017 17:14
It would be cool to have bizhawk supported... at least for developers (without overlay implemented)
Posted: 05 Jun, 2017 21:10
yeah that's an awesome idea
Posted: 02 Jul, 2017 08:14
Last Edit: 02 Jul, 2017 08:15
I've updated all the starfox game page images.
I resized the box art to a width of 297 (tested that's the largest size) so that it won't crop the right side.
I've changed the icon from
I've changed the game title from:
I've changed the game image from:
The last two I changed due to brightness and contrast.
Posted: 02 Jul, 2017 13:52
Last Edit: 02 Jul, 2017 16:19
The set is complete. Tuinj and I are finished. Enjoy.
And please report any bugs you find or any odd behavior with leaderboards!!
Posted: 03 Jul, 2017 23:22
Where can I download a rom that achievements are working?
Posted: 04 Jul, 2017 00:52
Last Edit: 04 Jul, 2017 00:53
Use star fox 64 v1.0
login to retroachievements.org:
or create a new account
or create a new account