Pass: 

Mischief Makers

AuthorMessage

MGNS8M
Posted: 19 May, 2017 16:36
Last Edit: 24 May, 2017 20:03
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 19 May, 2017 17:36 by

Use GoodName version 1.0, please. I have no idea what 1.1 might change, but it shouldn't be necessary for anything.

Small notes:

Recommended GFX Plugin:
   • Low Performance: Jabo D3D8 1.7 (will cause Math Fun to be unplayable, rolling rock is invisible)
   • High Performance: Glide64 / GlideN64 / Project64

Jabo 1.7 is very fast for most games, but in this particular game, it will cause some sprites to have visible "edges" all around, and especially it causes a black box to be drawn over the Questions in the "Math Fun" event, making it unplayable, although it isn't necessary.

OpenGL plugins work best, but for me, they cause significant slow-down over 512x resolution.

It's no longer required to use File-1 for Gold Gem achievements. Hooray! The downside is, if you experience a site-desynch, you'll have to get an admin to award the achievement, or start the save-file allllllll over due to auto-saving.

Average-A-Rank is required for the last(53rd Gem), but there are also 5 achievements for getting exactly A-Rank-or-better in each World.

The "gem allergy" achievements are all possible. If you feel they are impossible, you need to think outside of the box sometimes!

These achievements were tested as working individually and have a lot of Resets to protect against accidental popping... but I'll be trying to play it as well once uploaded to make sure they work.

Otherwise, the set is mostly boss-centric(as well as the last level in World 1 for consistency), including the game's own built-in no-damage-bosses, but also including ALL "bosses" to have their own no-damage achievements for the first time.

Resources:
www.gamefaqs.com/n64/197950-mischief-makers/faqs

MGNS8M
Posted: 25 May, 2017 02:36
Last Edit: 26 May, 2017 16:52
Big thanks to for all their help and feedback for the set! As well as making the code and creating every single timer leaderboard for the game! XD

I've went back and pulled a Requirement out of the no-damage-bosses.. it was redundant, and I think it would have also required the player to have played the level once before attempting no-damage. So in other words, before, if they did no-damage on the first try, or if they stepped away to a different level, came back, and got it on their first new attempt, it wouldn't have worked. Now it does! And more importantly they don't seem to pop early either, which was the reason why I had so many protective Resets on it, but it's fine/better now.

EDIT: Added 5 extra "one S-Rank per World" achievements. Please don't hate me. The user gets to decide which ones they want to try!

Olafur
Posted: 19 Aug, 2017 00:08
ok, im confused, how to get "To The MOON, Marina"? I feel like I am boost jumping to the top, just about to the point that you cant see her as he's spitting fire, but im not getting it.

MGNS8M
Posted: 19 Aug, 2017 02:45
It's a bit touchy, I had some trouble getting it myself. You also can't touch lava if I remember right, although I assume you haven't. There's just a Y-value you have to hit and it's pretty high.

Olafur
Posted: 19 Aug, 2017 17:42
Well, I got it now, but another problem has arisen. I am not getting "Paging Dr. Smooth Love" although I beat him without taking damage TWICE! And once was already hard enough for me, but honestly, I KNOW that was no damage!

MGNS8M
Posted: 20 Aug, 2017 02:03
Last Edit: 20 Aug, 2017 03:04
Hm, that one might have to do with the event-ID I used ... I think I recall having to change it one time because it worked and then it didn't, so I switched it to the one that worked. It might be that depending on whether Merco falls on his back or his stomach that it actually changes that sort of pose-ID..? Unfortunately I'm not at that area right now in my last save-file, so it might take me a while to get back to it. But once I do I'll try to figure out what's going on .. it's hard to replicate that kind of error without having to do it over and over repeatedly.

...yeah, I even made an alternate-possible-value for the "Clancer Fried Merco" for that very reason, but did not make it for the other one. I'll edit that one now, sorry.

....annnnd one more edit, because I forgot to remove the faulty ID from the main when I put it in as an alternate, whoops.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account