login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

pc engine

AuthorMessage

tweekers237
Posted: 10 May, 2017 01:06
Last Edit: 10 May, 2017 01:09
why are there 300 gameboy games and only 10 PC Engine?

asking for a friend...

MGNS8M
Posted: 10 May, 2017 01:17
Because RAPCE is broke as a joke. It doesn't even work right for ME at the moment ... the donor-DLL I have to use, that works for everyone not-using-WinXP, it causes me to crash. If I keep playing the game without hitting the "close" button it keeps working, but it's kind of annoying the crash-message-box stays open the whole time for it to keep working.

But apart from that recent addition, RAPCE on its own is just roshambo'd with all kinds of errors. Mostly related to trying to close the program because it doesn't close on its own, you have to kill the process manually using either Task-Manager or command-line "tskill rapce"....if you don't, the next time you try to open it, it will auto-crash. Trying to change CD-drives causes it to auto-crash. Trying to change BIOS files for CD causes it to crash. Your save-games get eaten if it crashes or you have to kill the process, which you have to do in order to stop the program, so you have to do some crazy stuff to save your game properly and back them up before it dies, then restore them before you start playing the game again.

It's just a mess. I put up with it while it was working better than it is now for me, mostly so I could make Dragon's Curse. And I did that mostly because I didn't think we'd be getting Sega Master System's original version, Wonder Boy III, which we did get about a month after I finished that set. So even if there were games I was interested in(and I think there might be ONE, sort of), I'm not sure if I'd put up with that crashed-message-box up the whole time trying to dev for it again. I might put up with it long enough to play something some day, but not do dev-work on it right at the moment. Plenty of more games on more-stable emulators I'd rather work on, until it either gets fixed or I feel like messing with them again.

Squal1704
Posted: 10 May, 2017 02:14
Try chance emulador, Otake is very old , i think

kakarotto
Posted: 10 May, 2017 03:01
This program looks really complicated, expect a better versions without bug, so that we can all play under the best conditions but thanks to you for everything you do.

Salsa
Posted: 10 May, 2017 13:20
Otake is a good emulator, the matter is integration was very much rushed and it wasn't fixed/finished since. I'm sure it will be properly corrected any time soon.

tweekers237
Posted: 10 May, 2017 17:40
I figured it had to be something technical. There is no other reason why this Amazing system is being ignored.

salvadorc17
Posted: 10 May, 2017 21:54
Last Edit: 15 May, 2017 21:43
I have fixed this emulator after update was made, but Scott did not pushed changes for it.

MGNS8M
Posted: 11 May, 2017 01:36
Well, thanks for trying, but it crashes almost immediately for me when using the latest RA_Integration.dll. Trying to put it in a file with an older RA_Integration.dll causes it to work for a brief moment, then it crashes.

salvadorc17
Posted: 11 May, 2017 01:45
Last Edit: 11 May, 2017 01:46
The new integration is not the one that downloads automatically, that have not been updated, i have used latest compiled one that comes with other emus packages.

DonCosmo
Posted: 11 May, 2017 05:35
Just updated to this version. Ran well but like before it does not actually close and the process had to be ended manually. Such a great system being held back by the particular emulator on RA.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account