The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

MendigoPombo
Posted: 30 Apr, 2017 02:09
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 30 Apr, 2017 03:09 by

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+The+Legend+of+Zelda+-+Ocarina+of+Time+
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+The+Legend+of+Zelda+-+Ocarina+of+Time+
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+The+Legend+of+Zelda+-+Ocarina+of+Time+

timrtabor123
Posted: 30 Apr, 2017 05:18
It would be a nice touch if their was achievements that reference the three canonical sequels to OOT (Majora's Mask,Wind Waker, and A Link To The Past).

my suggested titles?-

The Mask- Return Link to his childhood

Water World- Erase Link from existence

KIA to the Past- Kill Link

Altomar
Posted: 16 May, 2017 01:44
Last Edit: 16 May, 2017 01:46
Even though we are still mapping the memory with any ideas for achievement / challenge /easter eggs / you name it, are welcome.

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 16 May, 2017 03:46
Which version are you using for mapping the addresses? Have you seen if they differ?

GameDragon
Posted: 16 May, 2017 04:33
Last Edit: 16 May, 2017 11:08
Using 1.0.

I've yet to check for version differences but I'll give it a look.

The addresses for 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 US are all different unfortunately.

Altomar
Posted: 16 May, 2017 12:28
Exclusive Content in v1.0:

The rotating N64 logo upon boot-up is very bright
You can quickly skip through Zelda's text boxes just before she gives you the Light Arrows

Exclusive Glitches in v1.0:

The Master Sword is never restored to the B button after a savewarp, so Swordless Link is possible by savewarping out of the Ganon fight
Can steal the fishing rod by casting while suspended in air via the hover boots, as well as by casting the moment before you jump off of a rock in the pond
You can cast the rod near the door in the fishing pond to crash the game
Can do empty bomb glitch to create collection delay or Quick Draw bombs
The grave holes in Kakariko Graveyard force you to grab their edges/jump over them as Link tries to enter (whether you grab or jump over them depends on your approaching speed).
Can do item input for one frame during Put Away animation, OI by putting away a full bottle, and use items inside a crawlspace or ladder or while pushing a block.
Link has no putaway animation for the sword if he has it out and goes to climb a ladder or vines.

v1.1 is the first update to Ocarina of Time. Many glitches were fixed along with some on-screen text issues and a very minor graphical change was made.
Changes in V1.1:

Can no longer use items during Put Away animation.
The rotating N64 logo upon boot-up has been darkened and looks glossier.
The hover boots and rock-jump methods of stealing the fishing rod are fixed.
You can no longer cast the rod near the door inside of the fishing pond.
If you savewarp without the Master Sword in the inventory as Adult Link, it will be restored to the B button.
Zelda's text before the Light Arrows is no longer skippable.
Various text-box spelling and punctuation errors have been corrected.
The empty bomb glitch is fixed.
The edges of the grave holes in Kakariko Graveyard no longer force you to grab or jump over them as you try to enter.
Link now puts away his sword correctly when going to climb.

NTSC 1.2 is the second revision for the US/Japanese release of the game. This update corrects more text as well makes some notable graphical and sound changes to the game, censoring the blood as well as replacing a controversial song within one of its temples. It also fixes an item-receiving glitch.
Changes in V1.2 (N64):

All the changes that v1.1 made plus....

Ganondorf's and Ganon's blood have been changed from red to green
The Fire Temple theme song has been replaced with a remix of the Shadow Temple's theme
Various text-box spelling and punctuation errors have been corrected
Early eyeball frog and various collection delays have been fixed
You can no longer skip the Bongo-Bongo cutscene by dropping a bomb down before the fight

www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences

MGNS8M
Posted: 16 May, 2017 14:51
Hm, kinda sounds like version 1.1 would be best. 1.0 has a lot of glitches that 1.1 fixes, and 1.2 is the point where most of the "controversial" changes go through. But if there are already too many code-notes for 1.0 and they're different, might be hard to switch over. Since most of the "neat" things of version 1.0 are glitches, we can't really make achievements for those glitches anyway...I'd still kind of prefer that it be switched over to 1.1 if possible, but either way.

As far as ideas go, I'd have to think about the basics first ... all three treasures, all of the medallions except the first unless that's used as the indication that you got the Master Sword. Each major treasure in the game. Don't mind gold skultula count but just focus on the rewards they give instead. Include ishing stuff, but if the reward for it is an item, maybe not worry about finding all of the fishing-related-stuff and just focus on the item instead. And of course all levels of Mini-games otherwise, all heart-containers.

That's all the basics, but without knowing how the RAM all works, not sure about any special challenges. I'm sure no-damage-bosses could be interesting to some, but without the ability to easily re-challenge bosses, it might be kind of tedious. Possibly beating Ganon with no-deaths-recorded would be alright....although that could be a save-game-loading achievement. *shrug* Oh, and of course, a three-heart-run or some other minimal-equipment run, as long as they don't involve glitches or specific-version-glitches/tricks. Sequence-breaking, maybe.

What I'm also interested in is the potential for Master Quest(which I'm sure is based entirely on v1.2 since it's the one ripped from the GCN disc). I really think Master Quest should have it's own set, but unless it's fine to be exactly the same, I kinda wonder if there'd be any real difference in achievements for it. If so, it'd be nice if there was some kind of collaboration between the two sets to make sure they're equally different. (Possibly have a three-heart-run in one game and not the other, but have a low-equipment run in the other, or maybe a sequence-break in one but not the other?) If it's not possible and there's literally no way for the achievements to be different(or no real reason to include them in one and not the other, so that they are the same), at the very least maybe point-spread could be adjusted to reflect the difference in difficulty per dungeon, subjective as that might be.

dude1286
Posted: 26 May, 2017 02:50
Last Edit: 26 May, 2017 02:51
Some ideas for achievements here:
Collect the Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield.
Collect the Kokiri Emerald.
Collect the Goron Ruby.
Collect the Zora Sapphire.
Collect the Light Medallion/Master Sword.
Collect the Forest Medallion.
Collect the Fire Medallion.
Collect the Water Medallion.
Collect the Shadow Medallion.
Collect the Spirit Medallion.
Defeat Ganon.
Defeat Gohma without using the Sword.
Defeat King Dodongo without being caught on fire.
Defeat Barinade without being electrocuted.
Hit Phantom Ganon with his magic orb by reflecting it with a bottle.
Defeat Volvagia with the Megaton Hammer.
Defeat Morpha without going into the water.
Defeat Bongo Bongo without using the Lens of Truth.
(Don't know what to do for Twinrova)
(Don't know what to do for Ganondorf)
Learn Saria's Song.
Free Epona.
Gain all four bottles.
Max out Deku Seed bag.
Max out the Bomb Bag.
Max out the Quiver.
Obtain the Lens of Truth.
Obtain the Iron Boots.
Obtain the Fire Arrows.
Obtain the Ice Arrows.
Obtain Bigoron's Sword.
Obtain the Mask of Truth.
Collect all Heart Containers.
Kill 10 Gold Skulltulas.
Kill 20 Gold Skulltulas.
Kill 30 Gold Skulltulas.
Kill 50 Gold Skulltulas.
Kill all Gold Skulltulas.
3 Heart Challenge.

Altomar
Posted: 26 May, 2017 05:05
Last Edit: 26 May, 2017 05:08
I liked the challenges ideas, most of the progresive / collecting / hidden stuffs etc.. so far are included. For challenges at least for the first 3 bosses we have:

1. Defeat Queen Gohma before she can retreat to the ceiling.
2. Defeat K. Dodongo before he use fire without using bombs from your bag
3. Defeat Barinade without getting hit (i liked the idea to avoid eclecticism damage only but so far unlike the previous bosses i wasnt able to find anything mem wise for him)

For the 3 hearts run other than complete the game with 3 hearts only i was thinking to create some more exclusive achievements just for this run rather than have the player replay the game just for 1 achievement. Maybe some extra challenges on the bosses over to the previous ones or something like listen all 29 gossip stones in 3 hearts run without dying. Just a thought.

jossyhadash
Posted: 26 May, 2017 05:15
Achievement unlocked:
But hey, you tried.
Don't beat the running man in less than 1:00

Altomar
Posted: 31 May, 2017 04:42
Thanks for your sugestions everybody. So far i have included everything up to water temple (Morpha) and i have everything i need memory wise to incude the rest of them. I have included some extra challenges for each boss while on a 3 hearts run to make the 2nd run less boring.

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 02 Jun, 2017 19:33
There are lots of small secrets on this game & I know graphical ones (like watching inside Zelda's Castle or Marion's Necklace or perhaps big version of some enemies won't likely be possible to be created as achievements).

None of these are a must, only suggestions:

Sinking Lure & Hylian Loach
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Sinking_Lure

Lost Woods - Forest Stage
http://zelda.gamepedia.com/Forest_Stage

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time_Secrets
Dying Guard
Fairy Fountain
Free Milk
Gossip Stone reactions
Fishing the Pond Owner's Hat

Maybe a leaderboard for Horseback Archery Range

Altomar
Posted: 02 Jun, 2017 20:13
Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2017 20:16
Thanks for the sugestions

I have already included Hylian Loach (i still need to find a way to detect when sinking lure is equiped).
For the Lost Woods - Forest Stage i have included 1 item upgrade only but according to your resources you can witness different reactions each time something that i didnt know.
Also i have the Dying Guard dialogs,the Free Milk way, an achieve to listen all 29 gossips stones and the fishing hat.

For leaderbords i have so far 9 including a best score for Horseback Archery Range.

Altomar
Posted: 04 Jun, 2017 01:10
Last Edit: 04 Jun, 2017 20:36
Thanks to the help of the set is finaly complete. The set is based on Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0) [!]
MD5:AA3911F5D5598E19E0183E15B6719C36

If there is any problem with any achievement send me or a save file just before the point were the achievement is about to trigger and we will take a look at it as soon as possible. You can use discord chat to upload the saves.

NotForgotten
Posted: 07 Jun, 2017 00:28
Last Edit: 07 Jun, 2017 00:51
I believe Open the Chest and...Surprise! achievement is not working, nobody has achieved it as of this moment and http://imgur.com/ORyn4cj suggests somethings off with it

no idea how to dev achievements so sorry i cant be of more help

also not sure if save file would help locate any problems with it since i saved before i started the whole process of opening chests
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account