Posted: 14 Apr, 2017 23:40
Last Edit: 04 Feb, 2019 12:18
Official Topic Post for discussion about
1. Kenseiden (USA, Europe).sms
Kenseiden Rev 1 (1988)(Sega).bin
kenseiden (usa, europe).bin
RA Checksum: 6ae8f011701608ae8b765a26eb0b7ce1
CRC32 Checksum: 516ED32E
2. Kenseiden (Japan).sms
Kenseiden (J) [!].sms
RA Checksum: f4c3327b0f92e09b21f59e90fd273c2f
CRC32 Checksum: 05EA5353
3. Kenseiden (UEB) [T+Fre].sms
Kenseiden Rev 1 (1988)(Sega)[tr fr].bin
RA Checksum: 64218d035be5988fb5ef023b70955ac3
CRC32 Checksum: A28218FE
Just drawing up a few plans at the moment, not sure how long it will be.
This is kind of a basic platformer, but at the same time it has a few small RPG-like elements to it. In a way it's a little like a choose-your-path Castlevania without sub-weapons, but earning skills and some life/power/defense upgrades along the way, but optional.
Posted: 26 Apr, 2017 17:35
• "Touring Japan" requires you to have both Health Upgrades and Both Defense Upgrades from the training dojos, that you have all the items from every boss, and that you've touched the "last room" in any level that doesn't have a boss. It resets if you're in the first level.
• "Believe in the Heart of Sword" just requires that you not have any defense-item or health-upgrade from the dojos. I haven't tested it directly, but it shares code with other achievements that worked, so it should be fine. The only problem that could cause it to not work is if you somehow get more max-health or the defense-items without the dojo, which I don't think is possible.
• I don't have any no-damage or no-death achievements, but getting the maximum nine-lives in this game IS difficult and basically makes itself a no-death achievement by proxy....unless you can re-enter levels that have 1-up kokeshi-dolls, which I didn't try. Not-re-entering-levels, I had to do a *small* amount of points-grinding at the end to reach 60,000 points, after finding every kokeshi-doll in the previous levels and "never dying" as far as savestates go. It takes 20,000 points to get an extra life and there are only about four kokeshi-dolls through out and you start with 2 lives, so unless you can re-enter to recollect kokeshi-dolls, you more or less have to do a deathless-run to get 9 lives.
• The English game does not translate the map...so I only know their names from what I've read(and adjusted) online. But for the most part, as long as you can recognize the difference in characters and see the borders of each Province, you can keep track of where you have and haven't been for yourself.
Special Moves(unlocked by beating its corresponding boss):
• Taka Tobi - High Jump
Hold UP while jumping.
• Kara Take Wari - Crushing Head Attack
Hold UP while attacking.
• Kabuto Wari - Splitting the Helmet
Hold UP while jumping AND attacking.
• Shinku Kiri - Cutting the Air
Hold DOWN and attack, replaces your standard down+attack.
• Ran Sha To - Wild Wheel Sword
Hold UP + LEFT or RIGHT - you walk while swinging your sword back and forth.
Simple Guard: Hold down, press and hold attack, change direction with left and right while still holding down.
That's all I can think of for now.
login to RetroAchievements:
or create a new account
or create a new account