Super Mario 64
Posted: 14 Apr, 2017 18:10
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 14 Apr, 2017 19:10 by
Posted: 25 Apr, 2017 02:03
Last Edit: 07 Dec, 2017 23:48
So, what kind of achievements you want to see for this game?
- Grab 50/100 coins
- Grab a 1-up
- Grab 8 red coins in a course
- Complete all 7 stars in each course (x15)
- Complete all 15 stars throughout the castle
- Activate all 10 cannons
- Reach X stars collected (Probably at: 1, 10, 30, 50, 80, 120)
- Use any warp
- Unlock each of the caps (Wing, Metal, Transparent)
- Beat each of Bowser's stage w/o receiving damage (x3)
- Lose your cap
- All ? possible water states at start on Wet-Dry World stage (course 11)
- All 4 possible speed states on Tick Tock Clock stage (course 14)
- Beat Fat Penguin in a rematch of "Big Penguin Race" (needs 120 stars)
- Rematch with Bowser (needs 120 stars)
As for challenges:
- Climb the mountain of the course 1 (Bob-omb Battlefield) without using the jump button at all (A)
- Use all cannons on course 1
- Beat X time in Koopa's Race and rematch
- Beat X time in The Princess's Secret Slide (partially covered already in the 120 stars though)
Not sure if implementing a challenge for getting X stars without triggering any of the caps is a good goal or not (despite being a normal challenge in the community)
Note: Consider that some challenges cannot be implemented with the tools, so other's ideas may not be possible to implement, but time will tell. Also bugs will not be implemented, such as beating the game with only 16 stars, A-button challenge & so on.
Posted: 25 Apr, 2017 02:14
You can't ride Yoshi in SM64, so that wouldn't be a possible achievement. I agree with everything else here, though, looks like a fairly standard list.
Posted: 25 Apr, 2017 03:49
Maybe some more Bowser achievements.
-Beat the final bowser without being damaged.
-Beat the final bowser without accidentally throwing him off the platform
-Beat the final Bowser after collecting all 120 stars (The text that comes from Bowser is different)
Posted: 25 Apr, 2017 06:42
Last Edit: 25 Apr, 2017 11:48
Collect a single star with only half an A press. B]
(or maybe just without pressing A)
Posted: 19 May, 2017 16:44
Last Edit: 20 May, 2017 00:35
- Remove the water from the castles garden
- Beat the slide-stages in a specific time
- Beating the secret slide stage like at all ()
- Triggering a butterfly secret (https://www.mariowiki.com/Butterfly#Super_Mario_series)
- Unlocking Triple Jump
Posted: 24 May, 2017 02:41
Last Edit: 24 May, 2017 02:45
A separate achievement for every single star.
Posted: 24 May, 2017 05:32
Get to the top of the mountain with the turtle shell in course 1.
Posted: 24 May, 2017 13:18
I honestly hate "beat something in X time" for achievements in games where time isn't really a major importance for the game. We have a leader boards for that
Posted: 27 May, 2017 01:50
I finished the achievements I had in mind and have 10 points to spare (hence why they are now in Core).
- So far I'm considering splitting getting 100 coins on all levels from the requirement of mastering each level & having an extra achievement out of this.
- Also considering whether or not grabbing an Star in less than X time (say 20 sec.) is worth or not for an achievement.
As for the suggestions, this is what I think:
- The purpose for removing the water from the castle gardens is needed for the Vanish Cap switch, so I'm not sure if I should implement such close achievements (I have several achievements for when you get all 120 stars though).
- The Secret Slide stage is partially covered with having to grab 100 coins in that stage, but I guess is still valid to create an achievement for finding it, so I'll consider it.
- Finding lives may be difficult to code due to several things: Finding Object address (which there should be lots of them), Finding the SFX address (which I don't like to use for achievements, due to tampering audio), so I'm not sure is worth the trouble :(
- Getting to the top of the mountain with the turtle shell is similar to the challenge of not using "A" button (so no jumping, no cannons & included no warps too), so I'm not sure about it, but will have it in mind.
Posted: 27 May, 2017 02:13
Last Edit: 27 May, 2017 02:27
Hmm, was there no way to mess with his face? Although I guess that could get really dodgy to program. Anyway, good luck with the final 10 points then, not really sure what to suggest... err, f
Posted: 27 May, 2017 06:54
Getting all coins on the first course?
Bringing the penguin to his mother without pressing A?
Posted: 27 May, 2017 14:51
For the following achievements, you must clear all the stage, w/o being damaged (and not just Bowser, which only the last round is challenging by itself).
I edited the text to mention it. You can however enter the stage with some damage and recover HP & it should also work (no need to be at full HP, just never drop HP by any mean)
Posted: 27 May, 2017 17:48
Last Edit: 27 May, 2017 18:18
The Yoshi, the Yoshi is on root - find Yoshi
Darling, where is my penguin? - Help mother and son penguin
Ho, Ho Ho,In to chimney - first snow ride
No School day - Make the Snowman
Run Chomp, run - Release Chomp
The Bunny and The Turttle - first ride against The bunny.
I'm not afraid of ghosts - Grab the Boo cage
You spin my head right round - make a 360 with Bowser
It's a Bird... It's a Plane... - Get the wing Cap
Posted: 27 May, 2017 18:05
Last Edit: 27 May, 2017 18:54
login to retroachievements.org:
or create a new account
or create a new account