User: 
Pass: 

Phantasy Star

Page: < 1 2 3 4 >
AuthorMessage

nullgolem
Posted: 07 Feb, 2018 07:27
Last Edit: 07 Feb, 2018 07:41
well shoot, i can't get the flute one http://retroachievements.org/Achievement/57379
to trigger either. Inventory isnt full like cautioned either.
I'm running recommended checksum files and retran patch. tried exiting, reloading, loading save states, loading save files, leaving area, and dropped all items. I think i will just keep on playing and leave a save slot before picking up flute

Well, now I can't get the passport one http://retroachievements.org/Achievement/57371
to trigger either. I hope i haven't botched my game somehow!

I also have a question about the phantasy explorer/treasure hunter cheevs. I discovered that the spaces 'Pits' are on arent required, but what about moving over spaces so that you are flush against wall? (for example a dead end where chesti s location the player can move and additional 'space' face against the wall, is that necessary, I will assume it isnt but have been doing it anyway. and what about trapped chests and empty chests? I'm assuming all chests including these are required (since some do contain treasure) but face against wall is not.

Altomar
Posted: 07 Feb, 2018 21:02
About explorer achieves, you just have to explore all chest's in a dungeon (not just the space were you open the chest but you have to make a step forward were the chest was sitting on, usually the corder of a corridor) , the space were you fight a boss in the end of a dungeon and possible talk to every npc if there is any (just move to the room with the npc or the space were he is sitting after talking to him/her). You dont have to explore every possible space of the dungeon.

For treasure hunter you have to open every chest empty or not.

edumagatsu
Posted: 07 Feb, 2018 23:34
Last Edit: 07 Feb, 2018 23:38

edumagatsu
Posted: 07 Feb, 2018 23:34
Last Edit: 07 Feb, 2018 23:36
The Achievement "Spacecraft" won't trigger here. I tried twice and nothing.

alecTwhite
Posted: 08 Feb, 2018 00:14
Finally mastered! Glad I had some backup saves for "The Dragontongue", only miss-able one I didn't notice. No more bugged cheeves for me, it was smooth sailing and a ton of fun. Thanks Salsa for a great set, for my favorite old school RPG!

Altomar
Posted: 08 Feb, 2018 00:16
where did you find the blue/wise dragon? I though there was only the boss version

alecTwhite
Posted: 08 Feb, 2018 00:18
Yeah there's only the boss version but I happened to have a save a dungeon before casba cave so I just ran to him and then ran to where I knew the other dragons spawned.

Salsa
Posted: 08 Feb, 2018 23:55
Last Edit: 08 Feb, 2018 23:55
@nullgolem I've updated those achievements, and they should unlock with no problem. The flute one should also unlock when yout inventory is full. For "Phantasy Explorer" achievements you need to stand on places where the chests were. This is because some of those chests you can pick from different postion, and in this fashion it is more unified. All chests and cue points are required (e.g where Tylon stand when he was turned in to stone, or any boss).
@edumagatsu This achievement is now turned off missable - you can get it standing in front of Dr. Luveno's house when you have built the ship.
@alecTwhite Thank you! I wanted to make this set fun with proper doze of playability and creative challenge. I'm really glad how it turned out.

I've tested some cheeves and all the critical addresses with Tec-Toy's Brazilian localization - I think it should work just fine so now it's linked. If there will be any realted problems please give me a sign. I would prefer not replay the whole game again in portugeuese, so if you would bring me a battery save file of the game (not save state) before the trigger point of the achievement (at the entrance of the dungeon for "Phantasy Star", and before the boss battle starts for any boss challenge), it would be really appreciated.

nullgolem
Posted: 09 Feb, 2018 02:29
Last Edit: 11 Feb, 2018 08:14
wow, you really are awesome. Thank you for fixing those.

I had trouble with phantasy explorer in casba and it was due to me standing on square to exiting a way other than the direction i entered, i figured it out though, feel a bit lame. This went on to confuse me again in that final crazy dungeon too.

I went from being a bit depressed at believing i wouldnt be able to get any more because i thought my game was bugged to overjoyed at able to actually getting them all. thank you for making such a great set, it was extremely enjoyable! I particularly liked treasure master and dungeon explorer cheeves and imo those should be a standard for pretty much every crawler whenever they can be reproduced. I havent looked around or played many games beyond SMT on RA yet, but those achievements would really improve the experience of a bunch of games imo!

edumagatsu
Posted: 09 Feb, 2018 16:18
Thanks Salsa!

edumagatsu
Posted: 12 Feb, 2018 19:05
Mastered!

Hexcreed
Posted: 05 Mar, 2018 20:20
Is walking from Guaron to the cave leading to Dezorian town suposed to unlock Dezorian Hike achievement? I am not sure if it should have triggered for me.

Salsa
Posted: 05 Mar, 2018 22:14
You need to walk from eastern most point to the western most point (or opposite) on the Dezoris world map, without having any KO in the party.

Hexcreed
Posted: 05 Mar, 2018 22:49
Thanks for the answer. I guess it was just a bug then.

Ryan914
Posted: 06 May, 2018 19:26
Having a bit of trouble on Phantasy Explorer III, I did as I should have, opened all the chests (Stood on the spots), defeated the Red Dragon (Stood on the space he was on), and Recruited Lutz (Re-entered the room he was in after recruiting him), yet when I tried to leave by standing on the first square, the cheevo didn't pop
Page: < 1 2 3 4 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account