login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Live-A-Live (J2E)

Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

migkeus
Posted: 17 Sep, 2017 17:53
Sorry KurkaWodna but I think you should help people asking for hints, like you did for the caveman name, because some of the achievements are very frustrating. I tried a lot of Clint Eastwood character for the cowboy name and I can't figure it out. It's not fun at all.

ImpliedKappa
Posted: 27 Nov, 2017 08:30
Atouk
Shifu
Ryu
(6 spaces)
Rocky
AAAAAA
WALL E

And I'm sure the last one's going to be a character from Monty Python. Robin, perhaps? The candidate list isn't that long. I'm sure it won't take long to crack.

Even having figured them out in a fairly short amount of time (using Google, badge images, Tineye, imdb, and the creator's hints in the comments on a couple), I really feel including them was a poor choice. The rest of the set is solid, I appreciate the work that's gone into it, and I'm loving how much work is ahead of me for this one, but I don't think people should be held back from mastering the set because the idea of naming the character in the Mecha chapter AAAAAA didn't cross their minds. It seems rather arbitrary and frustrating, and takes away from the excitement of having such an expansive list for a great game like Live-A-Live.

I strongly recommend demoting those achievements.

Slyshock
Posted: 27 Nov, 2017 08:45
Seconding the above, they don't feel like achievements for Live-A-Live rather than achievements for pop culture.

ImpliedKappa
Posted: 05 Feb, 2018 20:24
And, in the mean time, or in case they don't ever get demoted, the remaining two name achievements were:

HumanS (I'm guessing for "human soul") in the sci-fi chapter's extra name achievement
Arthur for the medieval chapter

LockDown2341
Posted: 30 Mar, 2018 17:17
So, question about the achievement "Adaptable" which requires you to learn all the techniques in the Present Day Chapter. One of the techniques you can learn is "Earth Rending Fury" but I decided not to learn it because you get it at Level 16 anyway. I learned all of the other moves. Is it required to learn the Level 16 move in this chapter to get the achievement?

LockDown2341
Posted: 31 Mar, 2018 10:27
Last Edit: 02 Apr, 2018 19:47
Another problem/question. So I am using save states to help with the 'beat chapter without saving' achievements cause some of them are lengthy. I didn't save at all during the Kung Fu or Mecha Chapter and the respective achievements did not unlock, yet the ones for the Prehistoric, Western, and Present Day chapters worked fine.

Why is this? It cannot be that I am using save states because otherwise I would have none of them.

EDIT: It also seems this doesn't work for the Sci-Fi Chapter either.

LockDown2341
Posted: 06 Apr, 2018 05:11
I obtained the cola bottle just now, and "Even Dinosaurs Cannot Resist" did not unlock. It was a pain to even get and I do not wish to repeat the process. I have a screenshot to prove it. If one if the admins can assist me that would be great.

yendihunt
Posted: 14 Jan, 2019 23:26
Last Edit: 15 Jan, 2019 00:57
The creator of this achievement set is long gone from RA and likely does not plan to update this set. I really don't believe these "name" achievements have any merit in the game.

Annonith
Posted: 14 Apr, 2019 08:35
Name cheevos are pretty bullcrap because they work only for one specific linked rom. You simply cannot complete the set on any other linked rom except the one mentioned by author (unless some garbage collection of letters in other versions will unlock those).

Annonith
Posted: 15 Apr, 2019 18:39
Last Edit: 15 Apr, 2019 18:39
Because I just spend a lot of time grinding this game here is quick guide for those who will want to finish this set in a future:

The solution for Name cheevos has been mentioned by ImpliedKappa few messages above.

Most of the secrets can be found by following this screenshot let's play: Link

There are few obtuse one that are not mentioned there so here is a quick guide for those I had trouble with and are not mentioned in cheevo's comments:

I always said that coca cola was deadly - kill final boss of Caveman chapter with Cola (a item taht randomly drops from King Mammoth)

Show mercy - feed the merchant in the prison multiple healing items

Don't be stupid ! - give Annie's dress back to her

Better ending - run away from the final fight

EEEEEEEEEk ! - teleport around till it triggers

What does these buttons do ? - shoot yourself out of an airlock

Get It? - after the communication antennas break inspect one of the computers in the cockpit

What's inside this mechanical heart ? - screw this cheevo with a rusty spork. HumanS mentioned by ImpliedKappa didn't work for me, had to write 'HUMANm'. This cheevo is an absolute trash, the solution is not mentioned anywhere and had to inspect memory to figure it out.
Page: < 1 2

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account