login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Program won't even open now..

AuthorMessage

ManicMatt
Posted: 22 Mar, 2017 18:04
Last Edit: 22 Mar, 2017 18:42
So uh yeah was using is just fine yesterday, but now when I go to run RAPCE it just pops for a brief moment and closes again... I mean I guess I'll just have to delete it and download it again but that's really dumb, why the hell does this happen?

MGNS8M
Posted: 22 Mar, 2017 18:45
Yeah, that's RAPCE for ya, it's broken in a lot of ways. You can't reset, you can't save your emulator-settings, you can't save your hardcore or not-hardcore status, you can't breathe on it, or it'll crash. And when you exit the program, it stays in Processes.

I run it from a command line, and keep the games in the same directory as the EXE, and I just run "rapce dc.pce" for Dragon's Curse for example. Then I use the same command box to type in "tskill rapce" when I'm ready to quit. That's the best I can do with it. You also have to re-input your controller settings every time you open it, which is the most annoying part for me.

Dexterspet
Posted: 22 Mar, 2017 18:55
If you don't close the process of RAPCE through task manager then it'll stay up forever and won't work if you try to run it again because it's still running the original process.

ManicMatt
Posted: 22 Mar, 2017 19:11
Ah yes I did notice having to re-input my controls again aheh yeah that's a bit tedious but ah well I got it working now though I seem to have lost my save data from last time but that's okay, I need to restart with hardcore mode on anyway since I forgot.

Right-o thanks for the info, I'll have to remember that now when I go to exit.

soulrider25
Posted: 23 Mar, 2017 01:21
I'd suggest using Process Explorer from Sysinternals to suspend the process if you don't want to close it.

Protoblubb
Posted: 12 Apr, 2017 18:49
You can save your hardcore status by editing the cfg file in the folder (change the 0 to 1 in that line to enable hardcore).
But I don't find any file for other settings, so that is a real pain.

edumagatsu
Posted: 04 May, 2017 16:38
Here appears "a new version of the RA toolset its available" And it crash when I click Yes.

salvadorc17
Posted: 16 May, 2017 01:39
Try this new version of the emulator and tell me how it goes for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/luf3jm42id2s7m2/RAPCE.rar

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account