Created 28 Nov, 2016 22:43 by

1. Snake's Revenge (USA).nes
Snake's Revenge (U) [!].nes
Snake's Revenge (1990-04)(Ultra Soft)(US).nes
V14- RA Checksum: 07dd9c8fdeeceac4598226f7ef6e6afc
V15+ RA Checksum: c381ae61ca0f76cbc68f9f6b71afe140
ROM Checksum: 17262cb7b1f1ea96055d93b83bac379e
CRC32 Checksum: 255A25FE

Plus 9 unique ROM Checksum variations with the same V14- RA Checksum (18 total)
Snake's Revenge (U) {[b1]-[b4], [b1][o1], [o1]-[o4]}
Snake's Revenge (1990-04)(Ultra Soft)(US){[b]-[b4], [h Vimm][iNES title], [h][iNES title]-[h3][iNES title], [h][b4][iNES title]}

2. Snake's Revenge (Europe).nes
Snake's Revenge (E) [!].nes
Snake's Revenge (1992-03-26)(Konami)(EU).nes
V14- RA Checksum: 23b0743d239ae2e3c1f74c57b80e1060
V15+ RA Checksum: d95bd864cffa3cdb5dbe1c450e799506
ROM Checksum: 21efa379003064444d5e03e187639a2d
CRC32 Checksum: 8AAE2260

Leaderboards:
+ 1x Time Defeat Metal Gear II

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

MagusPC
Posted: 10 Aug, 2017 17:37
Hello, just want to say that i am working on a set for this underrated Gem. I don't know how long it will take because this is my first experience with creating Achievements and i want to make it as bug free as possible.

CobraMJD
Posted: 10 Aug, 2017 17:58
Good luck!

kdecks
Posted: 11 Aug, 2017 21:25
Last Edit: 08 Jun, 2018 10:33
Good luck. This is a great game! I'd love to discuss and add input into the direction of this game if you're willing to hear it.

If you need any help on achievement making #help-me in https://discord.gg/dq2E4hE is a great place. Also http://retroachievements.org/viewforum.php?f=5 (dev tutorials)

MagusPC
Posted: 11 Aug, 2017 21:56
Last Edit: 15 Aug, 2017 21:41
Thanks! Sure, i am always open for constructive discussion and ideas. I've spend the entire day finding offsets and values for this Game and got a lot of ideas for Achievements. I just want to make it as enjoyable as possible because nobody wants boring and annoying Achievements especially in a Game that isn't so popular like Snakes Revenge.

I will let you know about the progress in few days. I just need to learn more how to make Achievements so it may take a bit.

edit:
Just want to let you know the progress is doing well. I have created over 70 Achievements, some of them will be scrapped so i can't tell how many will be in the end. Testing and balancing takes a lot of time also finding bugs so i can't tell when it will be finished.

MagusPC
Posted: 20 Dec, 2018 16:03
Last Edit: 15 Jan, 2019 16:16
Made some patches for automatically using Cards and Truth Gases without selecting them each time as long you have it in your inventory due to it being the most tedious part of the Game.
ROMHacking

Also added the MD5s for each of them and both combined to the database.

Snake's Revenge (USA) Auto Card and Auto Truth Gas
MD5: CB72F8F9B1D8E953F5185A24D74EA2C2

Snake's Revenge (USA) Auto Card
MD5: 133AD472E60858C1D02352D1175D5F25

Snake's Revenge (USA) Auto Truth Gas
MD5: AC494D8BBEAC416B8DAEAAB093B119D8

Evilman
Posted: 06 Feb, 2019 12:38
Very solid set and amazing badges, you did a splendid job. The set is hard as balls sometimes (Defeating the impostor without eating rations is a true challenge), but it's always quite fun. I have a lot of other ones to do but so far I completed the game for the first time and I'm pleasantly surprised, it's FAR better than the NES version of Metal Gear, it's actually competent enough to be a real sequel, there's a few parts frustrating and the bosses are overall difficult to beat without damage, but it's pretty solid, I wasn't expecting it to be that good to be honest.

I just don't understand why Solid Snake is dressed as a 80's McDonald's employee ingame but beside that it's pretty fine.

One problem though, I THINK there's a typo in this one :p

MagusPC
Posted: 06 Feb, 2019 14:38
Last Edit: 06 Feb, 2019 14:39
@
Thanks! i do my best to make it as enjoyable as possible for you all.

I've changed the Description a bit to make is less confusing, its 1500 time ingame (each 10 is 1 second) so its basically 150 seconds left.

About the Game, yea its a really good game for those with a strong opinion (not just copy others) and even if it wasn't called Metal Gear i still think its one of the best Stealth Games on NES with a lot of action and Story in between, also a fantastic Soundtrack.

Evilman
Posted: 06 Feb, 2019 16:10
Oh okay, so it was my misunderstanding about the achievement requirement, my bad, but I think it's better right now, no mistakes possible.

I saw that Snake's Revenge was apparently made by the same team who did Castlevania III, it kinda shows as the game strong points are indeed really good. It's just maybe labelled with the wrong franchise unfortunately, I can understand why some fans would not like it but it's clearly a good title if you take it for what it is - a stealth action game. And the soundtrack is superb too !

kdecks
Posted: 06 Feb, 2019 20:06
Agreed on all points with this set is excellent. puts a ton of care into his work and it shows.

Evilman
Posted: 07 Feb, 2019 20:02
I'm tryin' the stealth achievements right now, a few questions about requirements:

What's the exact requirement for this one and no alert achievements ? Is it possible for example to play the level, grab keycards, reach checkpoints, then if we loose, we can back to the beginning of the segment and do it all again ? Also, is it possible to use passwords for this to play the different segments without the need to play the whole game for each try ?

I do get the goal for this one, but maybe dumb question, is this a no alert cheevo too ? Meaning you have to complete the level without using X guns and with no alerts ? Also, lsame question as above, if you fail, can you do it again just by going back to the beginning of the level ?

Thanks !

MagusPC
Posted: 07 Feb, 2019 20:40

You have to replay the entire Chapter again if you got caught as backtracking would makes this to easy in some cases and you can use Passwords to get another chance. If you are in the Side-scrolling part or in the Fortress (where Alert can't be prevented due to use of C4) make sure to clear the Alert before going further (next screen).

Most difficult may be in Base 1 where the two guards stay close to each other and you have to pass them. I recommend to attempt the Stealth Cheevos on second playthrough so you can skip some rescues.

Make sure to get the Silencer in the Jungle (after you got Card 1). Machine Gun (with Silencer) can shoot diagonally and Claymores are also silent and can be detonated remotely in any direction you want.

Getting caught is OK for this Cheevo, just make sure to not use any of the Weapons in the Description or you will have to restart the Chapter again, backtracking is blocked here as well but you can use Password to get another chance.

I recommend using fists for most part due to enemies dropping Food sometimes, the Knife kills enemies instantly but you don't get any drops.

Evilman
Posted: 11 Feb, 2019 20:39
Last Edit: 11 Feb, 2019 20:40
Thank you for the informations, that was clear and helpful !

I completed the game a couple of times now to get all achievements and everything worked pretty good, but I've got a problem and a question with the last ones remaining for me...

First:

I earned without problems, and requirements are the same except this one includes the whole cast of prisoners, am I correct ? Was there a problem with the first one for me or are these prisoners not included in the final achievement ? I'm not sure to understand but reading the description, it looks like a bug, should I request a manual unlock or did I miss something ?

Now the ones I don't understand about requirements:

I don't get it, I completed in the same run (see unlock time) and these ones worked without problems, what did I do wrong ? What is the emplacement of B6 actually ? From various walkthrough and maps I saw on the internet, I assume the entrypoint is the one at 1:22:16 on this video, is this correct ?

If not, can you tell me where the achievement is supposed to trigger ?

I tried various passwords to get it, one that spawns you in the entry of the fortress, another one (my first try) spawning you in the previous base with the cable cars, going all the way to the end of the game, but no luck. I looked in every room and every floor before going to this point ingame, but no luck, I think I'm doing something wrong but I honestly don't understand what. Some clear informations for these ones would be appreciated, thank you once again and sorry for all these questions, hope it will help other people too.

MagusPC
Posted: 12 Feb, 2019 13:10
Last Edit: 12 Feb, 2019 13:11

Includes all rescues (include the Truth Gas dudes) to the end of Ship. there are 8 in total and should trigger at the last one on the Ship.
After beating the Ship, the counter for the rescues (and Truth Gas) automatically increases to 9, despite of how many you have rescued or convinced to talk with Truth Gas.

After the Ship, the counter of the rescues is getting set to 9 despite of how many you have, so its possible to get this Cheevo but not the previous one.

I've splitted the Fortress in two parts due to length. Reaching B6 (Building 6) is when you pass the 3F (See Image) through the right door after you passed the Sidescrolling.

You can use Password for the beginning of Fortress and play through that point but make sure to not die or use a weapon during the Sidescrolling part as well.

Conditions you have to meet are:
- Not dying
- Not using any of the Weapons in the Description
- Having Card 6 in inventory at some point (use legit Password, not some generated or it won't work)

Evilman
Posted: 12 Feb, 2019 19:37
Thanks for the infos, just mastered the game, that was helpful !

I probably forgot to use the truth gas on the officer in Base 1 after dying during my first playthrough, I guess that's the reason why it didn't trigger 'cause I'm pretty sure I talked to everybody at least once.

For the Stealth Mission achievement, it didn't worked during my complete run of the last levels aiming for the One Life / Expert achievements in the same time. I'm not sure why honestly. After that, I tried to run directly to the 3F without getting the sixth keycard, and that's why it didn't worked... Yeah, that's one huge shortcut I know but I wasn't sure if it was the reason. I should have re-tried first.

All your informations made it a bit more clearer anyway and in the end, all worked like a charm. Quite proud to have mastered this one, and I really enjoyed it, this set made me discover one nice hidden gem !
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account