RA Checksum: 1d664179b18b8497cddd03aa8a697420
CRC32 Checksum: CB9BC1E4

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

JAM
Posted: 02 Aug, 2018 08:05
Post your achievements idea here. What cheevos you'd like to see? My friend wants to make them.

Keltron3030
Posted: 29 Aug, 2018 13:00
Last Edit: 29 Aug, 2018 13:05
Destroy the sandworm

Release a spice plume without losing a unit

As ordos, deviate a devastator and self destruct

Use the harvester unconventionally

DarknessZedzi
Posted: 30 Aug, 2018 01:02
Destroy the sandworm - already in the plans, also in the plans destroying both worms before they eat anything.
Release a spice plume without losing a unit - I did not consider this option, but in theory the option is quite good. I'll try later to look for a way to detect this, or an alternative to this idea - release all spice plumes on current map.
As ordos, deviate a devastator and self destruct - I have not yet watched how the deviation system works in memory, but so far the actions with specific units are seen for me as too problematic for implementation, because of which it is unlikely to be implemented.
Use the harvester unconventionally - If it implies the ability to crush some of the opponent's units, then I do not like the restriction to only harvester. However, as I wrote to the previous idea, actions with specific units are too problematic for implementation, which also applies to the current idea, whether or not to be limited to harvester.

Keltron3030
Posted: 30 Aug, 2018 01:07
Yeah, imagine some of the memory is tricky to follow. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the end product!

DarknessZedzi
Posted: 11 Sep, 2018 18:20
Last Edit: 07 Jan, 2019 03:14
Current plan for this game.
Achievements for the normal completion of levels:
8 achievements for complete of 1-8 levels for any house, 3 achievements for complete of level 9 (one for each of the houses).

Achievements for completing levels with an additional condition (any house):
-Complete level 1 after destroying all 13 enemy units without losing units and structures.
-Complete level 2 without exceeding the number of your Refinery plus Spice Silo more than 2.
-Complete level 3 without exceeding the number of your harvesters more than 1.

Achievements for completing levels with an additional condition (Atreides):
-Complete level 4 without fixing your structures.
-Complete level 5 without exceeding the number of your dead units by more than 10 (I'll also try to add a leaderboard for more simple control of this and striving for a better result).
-Complete level 6 without destroying any your structures.
-Complete level 7 without exceeding the number of your Windtrap more than 2.
-Complete level 8 with the radar map turned off.
-Complete level 9 without exceeding the number of your Refinery more than 2 and without Spice Silo.

Achievements for completing levels with an additional condition (Ordos):
-Complete level 4 without reaching the spice limit.
-Complete level 5 without electricity shortage.
-Complete level 6 without any purchases in the Starport.
-Complete level 7 without exceeding the number of your dead units by more than 20 (I'll also try to add a leaderboard for more simple control of this and striving for a better result).
-Complete level 8 without destroying any your structures.
-Complete level 9 with the destruction of no more than 16 enemy structures (mission to capture enemy structures, also maybe try to make a leaderboard for easy tracking and the pursuit of a better result - ideally in this mission you can achieve the result in 5 destroyed enemy structures).

Achievements for completing levels with an additional condition (Harkonnen):
-Complete level 4 with the destruction of no more than 3 enemy structures (mission to capture enemy structures).
-Complete level 5 without exceeding the number of your Refinery more than 1 and without Spice Silo.
-Complete level 6 without exceeding the number of your Windtrap more than 1.
-Complete level 7 without fixing your structures.
-Complete level 8 without quickly moving the camera using the C button.
-Complete level 9 without electricity shortage.

Achievements that do not require completion of the level:
-Build your first Windtrap.
-Build your first Vehicle.
-Build your second Construction Yard.
-Use the weapon of the Palace.
-Have 5000 spice.
-Have 15000 spice.
-Harvested a total of 25000 spice.
-Harvested a total of 50000 spice.
-Cheap purchase in Starport.
-Destroy any worm.
-Destroy both worms before they eat anyone.
-Destroy 100 enemy units.
-Destroy 200 enemy units.
-Destroy the enemy's Construction Yard.
-Destroy the enemy's Palace.
-Destroy the enemy Saboteur.
-Release all spice plumes.
-Capture any enemy structure.
-Build a special unit of another house (Sonic Tank/Deviator/Devastator).

This plan may not be final - probably some achievements will be added / removed / replaced.
Apologies for probably incorrect descriptions of some achievements - I use Google Translate. For the final titles and descriptions, I will ask JAM for help.

Keltron3030
Posted: 11 Sep, 2018 18:30
Looks great so far. Question regarding:

"-Complete level 2 without exceeding the number of your Refinery plus Spice Silo more than 2."

Is this to say more than 2 times a.k.a more than twice.

If I understand this correctly it essentially means be efficient with your spice and don't let any spice go to waste. Correct?

If so I like this one a lot. "Spice Conservationist" perhaps.

DarknessZedzi
Posted: 11 Sep, 2018 19:11
Last Edit: 11 Sep, 2018 19:12
This means that it is allowed to have either up to two Refinery without Spice Silo, or Refinery + Spice Silo (or up to two Spice Silo without Refinery, but this is for too specific situations). This is done to ensure that the spice limit does not rise above 2010, which is the simplest way to create conditions for destroying the enemy base in the second level (where there is an alternative condition for victory - to gain 2700 spice).
However, in the 9th level for Atreides and at level 5 for Harkonnen, the conditions are relatively similar - to 2/1 Refinery, respectively, with a ban on the Spice Silo, which makes the spiсe limit equal to no more than 2010/1005, respectively. And this will be a real challenge for the players in the matter of competent control over the available spice and its timely replenishment and consumption.

Keltron3030
Posted: 11 Sep, 2018 19:20
Oh, I see. I wonder if an achievement to avoid wasting any spice is feasible.

For example, when you over harvest without enough storage the spice will "spill" over the storage limit and be wasted. I believe your spice value turns red when this happens.

I guess it would be a level complete with condition.

Anyway something to consider if you need another cheevos possibility.

DarknessZedzi
Posted: 11 Sep, 2018 19:29
A similar condition is already used as a level 4 challenge for Ordos - сomplete level 4 without reaching the spice limit.

Keltron3030
Posted: 11 Sep, 2018 19:30
Oh, good.

JAM
Posted: 22 Sep, 2018 02:51
wanted to say that he will make pause in developing process. Most of achievements (48 of 50? 51?) are in unofficial and ready to test. He will continue after some time.

DarknessZedzi
Posted: 29 Sep, 2018 21:39
I returned to the development, but so far I can only at a slower pace than before. There is also a potential adjustment of the concept - the achievements "Capture any enemy structure" and "Build a special unit of another house (Sonic Tank/Deviator/Devastator)" will probably be replaced by one achievement "Start building of the Sonic Tank/Deviator/Devastator in captured Vehicle" due to the fact that at the moment I do not see a way to implement the original idea. For the original idea, more code is needed than is currently allowed (but in any case, I'm not entirely sure that this idea would work in a stable way). With other achievements, I do not see such problems of implementation.

DarknessZedzi
Posted: 24 Feb, 2019 11:16
The development is almost complete (all planned achievements (51) in terms of code, points and images are ready and are now unofficial, the code for all three planned leaderboards has also been written but is currently locked). At the moment there are no titles and descriptions. When I receive and add them, I will immediately promote achievements to core and unlock leaderboards.

sllide
Posted: 15 Apr, 2019 08:49
Last Edit: 15 Apr, 2019 20:08
Thats awesome news! I hope to see these achievements in the core set soon.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account