Posted: 12 Feb, 2017 11:49
Can I use item duplication glitch?

Danver2618
Posted: 12 Feb, 2017 11:49
Last Edit: 12 Feb, 2017 11:50

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 12 Feb, 2017 15:09
Sure you can.

I've never had problems with Missingno's bug having side effects but I've heard it can corrupt stuff, so be aware of that...

CadmiumRED
Posted: 20 Jun, 2017 22:13
Could someone explain what it means about the Mew glitch/achievement cancellation? I'm a bit out of the loop of how a Pokemon caught by a glitch cancels an achievement. I would love to see an achievement made for capturing Mew, like "Elusive Game Hunt" or something.

Also it couldn't hurt to have achievements made for Red/Blue/Yellow to have multiples of the same items, like "Hoarder" achievements. Even a "Gambling Man" achievement for winning all the Pokemon at the Game Corner.. surely that shouldn't be that hard to implement. Or even catching one of every Pokemon that's catchable in the wild only by fishing rods, something like "Kingfisher".

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 20 Jun, 2017 22:25
The game stores the information of which Pokemon you've caught using bits. The way used to be was to compare the full address (1 Byte) instead of its corresponding bits & when you had more bits set than what it was expected, then you would never be able to trigger the achievement (which translated in a programmer oversight due to simplicity when coding).

Also, achievements shouldn't require glitches in the first place, so it was "OK" to do that, but it was fixed because lots of people know these type of glitches and would complain when the achievement didn't triggered. Having an achievement for catching Mew isn't going to be allowed, just like the minus world for has been demoted lots of times in the past.

JesterLemon
Posted: 16 Jul, 2017 19:53
Last Edit: 16 Jul, 2017 20:18
There should definitely be an achievement for getting the secret 5 Pokeballs from Oak, how could there not be?
Page: < 1 2 3

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account