How do I use the RAPCE?
Posted: 18 Oct, 2016 20:00
I downloaded .bin + .cue files of Chi no Rondo but I don't have the slightest idea of how to make them run in this emulator
Posted: 18 Oct, 2016 20:42
Last Edit: 18 Oct, 2016 20:44
To make the set work properly:
1) Download an IPS patch from goo.gl/MHuivV
2) Apply the patch to your copy of Super CD-ROM System (Japan) (v3.0) ROM file using fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/index.html
3) Put your copy of the game into the CD drive of your PC (or mount the image of the game into a virtual drive)
4) Open the patched CD-ROM System ROM file in RAPCE emulator using "Open Hu-CARD game" option
5) Make sure the letter of the drive you put the CD/image is F:
6) Configure the key commands to be working with your set up (joypad/keyboard - it's recommended to use JoyToKey or similiar software with joypad, as the regural key configuration might be unstable with analog controllers)
7) PUSH RUN BUTTON!
8) You should now have a properly connected PC Engine CD game. Enjoy!
Posted: 20 Oct, 2016 12:04
Oh, great. But what does this patch actually changes in the ROM?(For curiosity purposes)
Posted: 20 Oct, 2016 12:10
My files are in .bin or .iso formats, I couldn't find any ROM-like file. Does it changes anything?
Posted: 20 Oct, 2016 15:41
The IPS adjusts the CD-BIOS ROM (you may have to search for it.. mine was called "syscard3.pce") so that it has a different MD5 checksum. Currently, the CD itself is not checked for MD5, so you need Salsa's MD5-adjusted BIOS to make it unique so this site will identify it correctly.
The two main things you need are the correct System Hu-Card (CD BIOS basically) and Salsa's IPS used to alter that Hu-Card, using Lunar IPS to patch the two together. Then, if you have the correct CD either mounted or burned and in the disc-drive, it should work. If you don't have a ROM-like file with a PCE-extension that mentions being some form of system-card, then you can't load any CD games at all.
For me, not having it be in Drive-F was not a problem. It worked just fine using virtual-drive-I. But that might be because I have the original emulator Ootake(same version as RAPCE rather than the latest version of Ootake) in the same directory, and it might be sharing some settings with RAPCE that it otherwise wouldn't.
Posted: 20 Oct, 2016 16:44
The CD-ROM System ROM file should have MD5 hash: 38179df8f4ac870017db21ebcbf53114. You can find the file e.g. in GoodPCE set under the name "Super CD-ROM2 System V3.00 (J).pce", in No-Intro set under the name "[BIOS] TurboGrafx CD Super System Card (USA) (v3.0).pce". Or you can find a single file and check the MD5 with www.winmd5.com/download/winmd5free.zip.
login to retroachievements.org:
or create a new account
or create a new account