User: 
Pass: 

ikki5's Developer Workshop

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

ikki5
Posted: 11 Oct, 2016 15:16
Last Edit: 21 Jun, 2017 11:21
Welcome to my workshop. To get the important things out of the way first, Flareon is the best, if you say otherwise, you're wrong. With that said, I am ikki5 and am pretty new at developing achievements (This status will probably never get changed because I'll never remember to change it when I get more experience). Before doing anything on Retroachievements, I knew nothing about hex or decimal or any of that crap; I had never even looked at memory for a game before so it was an interesting ride. I'm still learning but I am hoping to master this (or at least get pretty good at it).

So, to kick this off, there are a few things I'd like to say first.

1) My Work:

The games I make achievements for are done at my own time, my own pace (I can be slow, especially since I am new to this and probably don't even know half there is to know about working the memory and/or making the achievements). If something is taking a long time to do, it could be because I am: a) doing personal life stuff, b) Procrastinating, c) Have no idea what the heck I am looking for or even doing, d) Never played the game before so again so I'm probably failing at it or just suck at it, and e) I just don't feel like working on anything at the moment (which kind of works with procrastinating).

2) Requests:

I am willing to take requests but the decision to do them or not is up to me. If I don't want to do it (I'll let you know), please do not ask again and or spam me. Also, please don't spam me with requests. You can request games in both this topic as well as private messaging me. If you make a request, please give me a link to the game page on the site, if it doesn't exist yet, let me know that too and I will create one (or you can).

3) Games:

I will work on what game, when I want to and whatever order I want to. I will post a list of games I am working on and games I intend to work on, also games where I might work on. Also, if I accept a request, I'll put it in the list (Probably make a list called "accept requests" or some lazy name) and when I get to them, I'll get to them. It does not mean I will work on them right away and it does not mean I'll do that one first and it could still be a while until I get to them. I do have a personal life; I do work two jobs so I will do generally what I feel like at the time when I am developing. Secondly, some people may look at my games and wonder, "Why the heck is he working on that?!? It's a terrible game!" Well, the reason is simple, it is probably a game I grew up with and know from my childhood and well, I want to do it. Besides, if no one does the bad games, they'll never get done. ;)

4) My Completed Sets:

I understand that I am relatively new at this and don't have the biggest imagination (Like come on, my achievement badges are screenshots edited in MS paint) so if you feel that my sets could use more and you have an idea to add more to the set, please let me know first and I will look in to it. Please do not just go in and add an achievement or whatever to the set without talking to me first. Talk to me and then the both of us can work on something and bring it to perfection (unless I am lazy, then I'll let you do all the work. ha ha :D). If there are grammar errors or inconsistencies in them, let me know and I'll fix them. My grammar usually sucks as it is. Icon/badge changes if you clean them up or if you find something better, please let me know. If something is broken and you are confident that you can fix it, by all means, go ahead (you probably know more than me anyway :P).

5) Listed Set:

About my Planned and Maybe sets. If you want to do one of the sets, I will not mind if you do them however, please message me and ask first just in case it is a game I really want to do and never got to it and/or, just so that I know someone else is doing it. I don't want to look at that list, think "hey, I feel like doing that to then find out someone already put a bunch of work into it. For my sets that I am working on, PLEASE, please message me first before doing them. I will not be happy to go, put a bunch of time and work into a title for all of the sudden one day, there is achievements listed for them as in my mind, i would see myself as wasted a ton of time on them. yes, you can look on the site (if you have dev status) or the game and see if there is addresses for them, some however may not have any yet because I am working through to beat the game and getting the save-states I will need so PLEASE so not just start making achievements for games that I am actively working on. Message me first and I will reply to you with whether I am okay or not.

Special projects (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.), these I am doing as something special so please do not ask for these as probably by the time you see them, I will have a lot of stuff in them done with many achievements already done and saved locally to my computer and I am often times just waiting for the release schedule. I will often talk about the project in chat before I officially start it so if you want something, tell me then. These projects are also usually given priority and will probably be released before other listed games.

With that out of the way (I hope I don't seem nasty), Time to show (off) my projects. More will be added as time goes so keep checking back! :)

Completed Games (In Chronological Order)
Only these get full descriptions

=--------------------------------------=

Platform: Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Genre: Historic action adventure, Rpg Action

King Richard is gone to fight in the crusades and Prince John is being the usual douche. Play as Robin Hood and fight your way through the never ending spawning army of soldiers, fight in large scale battles and kill things that don't exist in the real world in the epic action adventure. Roam the forests, explore castles, race on a horse and commit crimes against the crown (at least to them)! Save the world (or I guess it's England) from tyranny and kill that bloody sheriff and the witch Mortianna with you and your Merry Men at your side!

Platform: PC Engine
Genre: Platformer

Play as Tonma who is out to become a legend (or he is one, I'm not really sure) and fight the evil.... dude with balls that you shoot from your hands and blow up weird stuff in this epic adventure all to save a (Generic, cliché) princess. Get power ups to become strong, kill any monster and steal their money as they drop it all in the name of love!

Platform: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
Genre: Action

You're Jack Slater (Arnold Schwarzenegger), a bad-ass policeman that doesn't dress like one but your there to go and kick some ass. This, this is your movie and it's up to you to kick people in the gut and punch them in the face and get through to bust up Jack the Ripper and Benedict who are out to bring chaos and crime out into the real world and get back your magic ticket to return home.

Genre: Simulation

Become a Starfleet Cadet and experience what it was like in Starfleet Academy during the time of the famous Captain Kirk. Play the role of a captain during your four years at the academy and fly through simulator battles and blow up a bunch of polygon ships, execute diplomatic missions with excellency, play god by deciding who lives and who dies on rescue missions or fail, fail like you never have before just so you can repeat your current year at the academy.

Genre: First Person Shooter

It is time to travel back to Biblical times to the time of Noah's Ark and play through this highly inaccurate story of Noah's Ark. You're Noah and for some reason, you've let your animals roam the Ark and there are no pens or anything. So, with only a few days left on the Ark and the animals have all run rampant and are hungry. So pick up your food pellet gun, watermelon slingshot or cantaloupe launcher and shoot those animals so hard in the face that it knocks them out. Your duty is to feed them. Travel through your massive Ark which doesn't look like an ark except for one level and quelling the hunger of all your animals... which must have had a massive breeding frenzies because there are way more than two of every unclean animal and seven of the clean animals... and... including a bear that for some reason, don't eat the other animals. But none the less, feed your animals, put them to sleep so you can last the final few days in the Ark would out being beaten to death.

Genre: Action Platformer

Indiana Jones is at it again in this epic (More Frustrating) adventure to search for the Holy Grail. Play as Indiana Jones in this story that does not follow the movie very well at all and fight guys that were never in the movie. You'll meet memorable characters like Beamer Klien, "Little Bear" and Pete who is a pilot and you'll need to fight them in order to complete your quest. Solve the puzzles of the trials and choose your grail! But be warned, if you don't make the right choices, you'll need to "try again!"

(Halloween Special Project)

Genre: Action Platformer

You are a weirdo kid who goes to his school that is fulled with monster and it is your job to save your special, sweet little girl (or so you think). Battle your way through ugly beats with a variety of weapons but don't forget your footwear to get you though the toughest of places. Take on the strongest and most annoying of monsters and not so monsters are are trying to kill you in every way by moving slowly back and forth, jumping up and down, or being a pain in the ass to kill because they are below your hit box. Push your way through and you'll surely be rewarded....right?

Genre: Party Games / Mini Games

Come and have some fun with a Pig and Meerkat and play some wacky games. Shoot snot balls at bugs and bad guys, Hop along a log to eat them nasty bugs and burp so deadly, the gas makes things explode. Play Pinball like you never not played before! Build your high score to show it off to everyone who probably will never see it! Can you master these four fantastic mini-games?

Platform: Nintendo 64 (N64)
Genre: Racing

Race like you've never raced before! Drive around in cars and smash into cars and grind them under your wheels to earn the highest score you can. Unlock sweet rides just to use them to blow up your friends (or enemies) in this massive death race or arena battles! Race against time destruction!

Platform: Nintendo 64 (N64)
Genre: Racing

Play as 2D Mario in this epic 3D world made of 2D things. Battle Bowser's Koopa Troop as he once again... kidnaps Princess Peach but also steals the Star Rod. It is up to Mario, and no one else to adventure through these paper lands, free the Star Spirits in order to gain the power to defeat Paper Bowser. Battle with Mario to gain experience to level up, get stronger, more flower power and badge points so you can equip badges to get super powers!

Genre: Platformer

Kirk and his merrily crew venture out into the great unknown of space once again! Travel with them to strange new worlds to help rescue diplomats... for only to be caught in a trap and then needed to be rescued by the one and only Mr. Scott! Battle the Klingons and travel to a new planet on the other side of the great barrier to meet... the... "face of god."

Games in Progress (In no particular order)

(needs some work)

Games in Progress by (and myself in some) (In no particular order)

Space, The Final Frontier (Special Project)

I am starting a project here to get the rest of the Star Trek games done. I previously completed one of them () and it is time to complete the rest of them. I am listing the games below to which I will be working on, If there are any that I am not aware of that I have missed, just let me know and I will add them to the list.

The games are as follows (but not in order of completion):

(Completed)

I feel like there are more but these are the main ones I could find. I have also not played all of them and the ones that I have played, I have not beaten so some of these might take some time. For those who are familiar with them or have played them, if you have any ideas for achievements that might be fun, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Planned Games (In no particular order)

The Maybe Games (In no particular order)

Accepted Requested games (In order of requested, not in order of when will be finished)

"I'm sorry, but the Princess is in another castle" (In other words, none yet)

ikki5
Posted: 11 Oct, 2016 15:17
Reserved in case I need more space.

ikki5
Posted: 11 Oct, 2016 15:19
Also reserved.

ikki5
Posted: 13 Oct, 2016 03:07
Last Edit: 13 Oct, 2016 03:15
Update:

New set completed:

I have finished the set for Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade for the NES, not to be confused with the one made by Taito. Yes, there are two games and this one is the one made by Ubisoft.

A special thanks goes out to and for the help with making some of the sets (even if it didn't always work out) and a big thanks to who helped out when I was about ready to call it quits on the damageless boss achievements. She also helped with some of the ideas for the achievements because this game is a very limited game and there is not a lot to this game. So yes, Big thanks to all of you :)

I hope you guys enjoy this, I know the Angry Video Game Nerd hated this game so Good Luck! It's a pretty hard game but once you get a lot of the patterns and know your maps, it gets a heck of a lot easier.

With that out of the way, I will begin working on the game Ghoul School (). I will be doing this to have it ready for release on Halloween! I was thinking about doing a Halloween themed game and this is the one that came to mind. I owned as a child and wish I still had it, it's a very fun game and I hope you'll enjoy it when it is (Intended to be) released on October 31st, 12:00am Atlantic Standard time.

Well, that's all for now, until next time, enjoy your gaming! :)

LMTR14
Posted: 15 Oct, 2016 20:52
can you do back to the future?

ikki5
Posted: 18 Oct, 2016 14:04
Last Edit: 31 Oct, 2016 02:36
There are 3 back to the future games I can see, Back to the future I, and then Back to the Future II&III, both for the NES and then there s Back to the Future II for the SNES. Which one(s) are you referring to?

Update (October 30th)
Alright, after trying that game, the first one, I just can't.... it's just bad and I see why the Angry Video Game Nerd hated it as well so I am going to have to turn down that request, sorry.

ikki5
Posted: 31 Oct, 2016 03:00
Last Edit: 31 Oct, 2016 03:03
Halloween Update

Picture by and Flareon just because!

So Halloween is here guys and the set I worked on is for a game called .

You are a weirdo kid who goes to his school that is fulled with monster and it is your job to save your special, sweet little girl (or so you think). Battle your way through ugly beats with a variety of weapons but don't forget your footwear to get you though the toughest of places. Take on the strongest and most annoying of monsters and not so monsters are are trying to kill you in every way by moving slowly back and forth, jumping up and down, or being a pain in the ass to kill because they are below your hit box. Push your way through and you'll surely be rewarded....right?

ikki5
Posted: 02 Nov, 2016 03:45
Last Edit: 02 Nov, 2016 03:47
News Update

So with Christmas soon coming up (or the season), I am looking at doing a project. I will be looking at doing 6 games, released on 5 different days. One game for each of the Sundays of Advent and then a duel released for Christmas Eve. The duel release is of two SMB hacks that are very short, they are pretty much one world each with 250 points to each game. The project list and release dates are as follows:

- November 27,2016 - Advent 1, 1st Candle Lit
- December 4, 2016 - Advent 2, 2nd Candle Lit
- December 11,2016 - Advent 3, 3rd Candle Lit
-December 18, 2016 - Advent 4, 4th Candle Lit
- December 24, 2016 - Christmas Eve, 5th Candle Lit
- December 24, 2016 - Christmas Eve, 5th Candle Lit

I hope you will enjoy playing these when they are done and help get you in the Christmas/ Season Spirit!

ikki5
Posted: 25 Dec, 2016 08:04
Last Edit: 25 Dec, 2016 13:28
Yeah, sorry all I have not really been around, the holiday season kind of got very busy with me working and such so I... kind of failed on my Christmas project. I will still continue to work on some of them but depending on how long that takes, I may move to something else. I still am going to get the Toad's Christmas one done and then probably the Winter Games and Beauty and the Beast. Not sure about Home Alone, I still haven't really played them yet.

But Merry Christmas, I hope you're all have a good time over the holidays.

kdecks
Posted: 25 Dec, 2016 13:13
Long time no ikki. Have a good one though

Salsa
Posted: 31 Dec, 2016 01:06
You didn't failed, just didn't fulfill something which wasn't mandatory, and not even important.
I've also planned to make more sets in December, but got much too busy with Christmas and my recent job assignment. Still it's not much to worry about - won't be making any changes in my devvin schedule.

ikki5
Posted: 25 Jan, 2017 13:38
Last Edit: 21 Jun, 2017 01:23

I am starting a project here to get the rest of the Star Trek games done. I previously completed one of them () and it is time to complete the rest of them. I am listing the games below to which I will be working on. If there are any that I am not aware of that I have missed, just let me know and I will add them to the list.

The games are as follows (but not in order of completion):

(Completed)

I feel like there are more but these are the main ones I could find. I have also not played all of them and the ones that I have played, I have not beaten so some of these might take some time. For those who are familiar with them or have played them, if you have any ideas for achievements that might be fun, let me know and I will see what I can do.

ikki5
Posted: 30 Jan, 2017 17:25
Last Edit: 30 Jan, 2017 17:26
So, I found this really fun game that I will be doing while doing the Star Trek stuff.

The game is . It will probably be completed before any of the Star Trek stuff because I am really into it right now so Star Trek... is not on hold, it is more being less focused on while I work on this game. :D

Star Trek will be in full swing when this is completed and will be my main focus.

I hope people enjoy it as much as I do when it is completed :)

ikki5
Posted: 31 Mar, 2017 00:39
Last Edit: 31 Mar, 2017 00:40

Genre: Party Games / Mini Games

So, I finished a new set (My first Disney game XD). It's been a while since I did a set and it felt good doing it :) So anyway, the game is , it is pretty much 4 minigames. The familiar Pinball game we all love, plus 3 other ones. You have a little shooter one, then a hopping one and one where you burp to kill... destroy... bugs... yup.

I hope you enjoy. :)

ikki5
Posted: 01 Apr, 2017 06:23
I've started working on some Super Scope games. Currently, in progress are:

I am hoping to get both of those done, I already have a fair amount of progress completed on so hopefully those won't take too long. :)

If I am not sick of doing Super Scope games after these two, I may try and do other games such as:

Maybe others that I find as well. But we'll see how the first two goes. X-Zone does look fun as well.
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account