Substitute Achievement of the Week
Posted: 04 Oct, 2016 02:02
Last Edit: 27 Mar, 2017 13:08
"If you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under 'reset game progress', first pick the game, then the achievement. This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week." -
1) You must EARN the achievement within the week/month, not just have it. See above for instructions on becoming eligible if you've already gotten it beforehand.
2) The achievement will change every Sunday night/Monday morning EST, the monthly achievement will change on the 1st Sunday/Monday of each month.
3) You can post in the thread that you got the achievement if you want, but you don't have to to be counted. Just getting the achievement within the timeframe is enough.
4) If you get the achievement outside of hardcore mode, that will be noted on your 'score'.
5) The achievements you get will allegedly count for the real competition when it returns, though in the end both are just for fun.
6) If the official AotW contest comes back again, that will take this one's place and I won't be changing it until it remains unchanged for 2 weeks once more.
If you have any ideas on what you think would make good AotW/Ms, PM me or post here.
Previous AotWs: Splatterhouse 2, Friday the 13th NES, Super Castlevania 4, Parodius Nonsense Fantasy, DK King of Swing, Rockman CX, Rhythm Tengoku, Drill Dozer, Crash Bandicoot 2 GBA, Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, Shadowgate, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Bomberman GB, Ghoul School, Back to the Future, Rendering Ranger: R2, Super Turrican 2, BS Super Aleste, Godzilla, Actraiser 2, Donkey Kong GB, Choujin Sentai Jetman
(19) Yakurena: SC4, PNF, DKKoS, RMCX, RT, DD, CB2, BK:GR, SG, CTTT, BGB, GS, BttF, RR:R2, ST2, BSSA, GZ, DKGB, CSJ
(14) GameDragon: DD, CB2, BK:GR, SG, CTTT, BGB, GS, BttF, RR:R2, ST2, BSSA, AR2, DKGB, CSJ
(12) Zato: PNF, RT, BK:GR, SG, CTTT, GS, BttF, ST2, BSSA, GZ, DKGB, CSJ
(8) Gatosai: DKKoS, RMCX, RT, DD, CB2, BK:GR, SG, CTTT
(6) ilikepie345: CB2, SG, CTTT, BGB, GS, DKGB
(5) an7xuan: GS, BttF, ST2, AR2, CSJ
(3) beefy2016: BGB, GS, RR:R2
(3) Heebo: PNF, DKKoS, CB2
(2) Rizla: GS, RR:R2
(2) captainclassic: BGB, GS
(2) phgames: CTTT, BGB
(2) FireyAmber: CB2, CTTT
(2) Xan0707: SH2, F13
(2) Dexterspet: RT, BK:GR
(2) popoki: SH2, SC4
(2) earfly: SH2, SC4
(1) TrullLord: CSJ
(1) kutal: CSJ
(1) Gorgar: DKGB
(1) Shootzy: DKGB
(1) BerserkerBR: GZ
(1) Lava303: BSSA
(1) BenevolentDick: BttF
(1) hansolo77: GS
(1) ted: GS
(1) DZ: BGB
(1) matheus2653: BGB
(1) Goldor: SG
(1) liraman: SG
(1) DrackosFlare: BK:GR
(1) gooch: BK:GR
(1) Monsheus: CB2
(1) aMafy: CB2
(1) Shantak: DKKoS
(1) RonnieDonnie: DKKoS
(1) MGNSM8: DD
(1) LLZRetro: SH2
(1) RogerioFabriEG: SC4
(1) MisterTi: SC4
(1) Hate: SC4
(1) RonOdin: SC4
(1) Arv: SC4
(.5) guterres75: BSSA (Soft)
(.5) Equim: DD (Soft)
(.5) CrazyDomino: SC4 (Soft)
(.5) Volpe: SC4 (Soft)
(.5) staas1: SC4 (Soft)
(.5) kdecks: SH2 (Soft)
(.5) FyeRoxas: SC4 (Soft)
(.5) BlueDragonNinja: SC4 (Soft)
(3) BerserkerBR: Demon's Crest, M'n'L:Superstar Saga, Super Robot Taisen: OG
(3) GameDragon: Daimashikyou Galious, Super Robot Taisen: OG, Final Fantasy 3JP
(1) SonicZ16: Final Fantasy 3JP
(1) Rizla: Final Fantasy 3JP
(1) Zato: Final Fantasy 3JP
(1) billbotics: Final Fantasy 3JP
(1) ilikepie345: Final Fantasy 3JP
(1) MGNS8M: Super Robot Taisen: OG
(1) Ryan914: Super Robot Taisen: OG
(1) Lockerdown3: Super Robot Taisen: OG
(1) Yakurena: Daimashikyou Galious
(1) Gatosai: Daimashikyou Galious
(1) SlimKirby: M'n'L:Superstar Saga
(1) rios299: M'n'L:Superstar Saga
(1) Guimupop: M'n'L:Superstar Saga
(1) matheusps92: M'n'L:Superstar Saga
(1) KrustyKong: M'n'L:Superstar Saga
(1) LLZRetro: Demon's Crest
(1) Linx: Demon's Crest
Posted: 04 Oct, 2016 10:50
Last Edit: 04 Oct, 2016 10:50
Great! This epic initiative should stay abandoned like that. Yet, I hope the absence of
Posted: 04 Oct, 2016 11:36
I kind of took inspiration from the RPG AotM and "Hard" AotM categories. I wanted to stick with the Halloween theme for the month but the only RPG I could think of to fit the bill isn't finished. From what I played, Demon's Crest didn't seem like it had potential to be hard enough to warrant a full month for just completion of it, but perhaps drawing inspiration from the "hard" AotM is a bad idea in general. I'll move the AotM down to just beating it as you suggest, as I mainly wanted the AotM category for RPGs.
Posted: 04 Oct, 2016 18:27
Posted: 05 Oct, 2016 03:28
Posted: 05 Oct, 2016 04:10
Posted: 05 Oct, 2016 16:31
I'll honor any points you give out Dex, you rock. I'm pretty much ready to come back its just I work every sunday these days so I always forget aotw. Since you gave out a kickass aotm ill return it to form on oct 31st
Posted: 06 Oct, 2016 21:59
Last Edit: 07 Oct, 2016 04:07
Posted: 06 Oct, 2016 22:04
How do you post the thumbnail and achievement on here?
Posted: 06 Oct, 2016 23:28
Last Edit: 06 Oct, 2016 23:29
Posted: 07 Oct, 2016 04:06
Last Edit: 07 Oct, 2016 04:08
Edit, ignore this.
Posted: 10 Oct, 2016 16:29
Last Edit: 10 Oct, 2016 16:30
I got Happily Reunited... ..
(on soft core><)
Posted: 17 Oct, 2016 09:28
Posted: 18 Oct, 2016 22:25
Got the Sweater in Friday the 13th for the NES.
On Hardcore mode.
Posted: 24 Oct, 2016 08:08
I suppose this would be my last AotW for now, as it seems Sting might take back over next week.
login to retroachievements.org:
or create a new account
or create a new account