login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Building RA_Integration.dll

Page: < 1 2 3
AuthorMessage

MGNS8M
Posted: 25 Mar, 2017 01:16
I like MEKA for personal play, but for devving, the GUI environment is pretty terrible. The emulator-window can't be resized within MEKA's menu and it's super-tiny, and I have no idea what way the actual tools will appear. You can set one of the "blitters" to be Windowed(which by default is set to ESC so for RA-Integration that would need to be adjusted), and it will take you to an actual Window outside of its usual GUI, but it has no menu at that point, so you can't really start each toolset-window.

If it were possible, the toolset would need to be matched to the inside-GUI of MEKA so they show up there, and then hopefully you could either A) resize that tiny emulator-window inside MEKA, or B) be able to have the Overlay show up on that Windowed-mode window, otherwise it's kind of pointless. But even if inside-MEKA was your dev-environment, you would still need to see overlay-popups somewhere while devving, so I don't know where those would go. Otherwise yeah, I do like MEKA, but in terms of our toolset it's kind of a mess, I'm not sure where it will all go. Either that, or find a way to make the inside-GUI of MEKA be windowed-itself, and then the tools would appear in their natural GUI on the sides of it, and hope that using the Windowed blitter would allow seeing the overlay.

Well either way good luck with it, it IS one of my favorite SMS/GG emulators out there, but it'll probably take quite a bit of work to make the environment worth it..

AlanRoxdale
Posted: 25 Mar, 2017 03:37
Meka uses allegro so the dll won't work inside the standard Meka "workbench" enviornment.

But the dll can just be attached to an external window anyway. Actually there's already a Win32 dialog window which appears as you boot up (You might notice it at startup). After a bit of hacking, I think I can just attach the standard RA_Menu to that and just have the dialog window stick around. So the RA stuff won't be inside the meka gui, but sitting outside.

However, I'm running into a bit of an issue with the current dll. I've been just getting the emulator to download the latest version from the site, but I'm not sure if this supports adding Master System games (ConsoleID=11) yet. I might have to rebuild a newer version of the DLL and cross fingers that it will work.

Can anyone confirm that a later compiled version of the RA_Integration dll actually works with the site right now, or do all dlls have to be auto-downloaded?

AlanRoxdale
Posted: 27 Mar, 2017 13:15
Scratch that idea. It will only half work. The problem is that RA uses the Overlay to give messages and the Overlay is written in direct3d proper, which means Meka will need a second direct3d window. I'm sure this is straitforward to add but I have no idea how to go about it.

RA is a very difficult project to add to exisiting emulators.

salvadorc17
Posted: 30 Mar, 2017 01:23
I have achieved to build myself a custom RA_Integration.dll fully functional, tested with RAsnes, and planning to test with new emulators O:O If you want to test it send me private message

Storminator16
Posted: 10 Apr, 2017 16:07
Last Edit: 10 Apr, 2017 16:37
By any chance, anyone get this to compile on Linux under Mono? I'm considering on giving this a look. I really think a branch moving away from the platform specific dependencies would be best for the community. I'm going to take some time this week to see if this is feasible.
Page: < 1 2 3

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account