Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

PManningFan1618
Posted: 10 Oct, 2013 00:46
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 10 Oct, 2013 00:46 by

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+Castlevania:+Circle+of+the+Moon+Gameboy+Advance
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+Castlevania:+Circle+of+the+Moon+Gameboy+Advance
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+Castlevania:+Circle+of+the+Moon+Gameboy+Advance

PManningFan1618
Posted: 10 Oct, 2013 00:56
I'm finished making the achievements. I hope everyone enjoys them. If anyone has trouble unlocking them let me know.

The achievements Vampire Killer, Magician, Fighter, and Thief unlock at their final scene where the castle starts to crumble.

Magician Mode has the cards unlocked at the very beginning of the game, so the card related achievements won't unlock in this mode. It would be too easy.

I would recommend finding a map with 100% completion. Some of the hidden areas are well hidden.

The Map% related achievements were made to unlock on a fresh game. If you start the game from a game save they won't unlock if your map% is a past the requirement. I had to go back and fix those.

I changed the achievements for all hidden areas and save areas to Skeleton Medalist and Dark Armor. The reason I done this was the game would reset the areas that you visited when you closed the emulator down. I thought it would be a tedious task finding all of this in one sitting. When I was testing these achievements locally, I had beat the game in one play through, so I had no idea of the situation. The Map 100% achievement requires you to find all areas anyways. I left the teleport achievement alone, when you have all five teleport locations found, just teleport to each one and the achievement will unlock.

cirellio
Posted: 10 Oct, 2013 19:55
Do you rock? Yes, yes you do.

PManningFan1618
Posted: 10 Oct, 2013 23:08

entrax
Posted: 09 Dec, 2013 22:29
some chievos popped at the wrong time...

When i started a second playthrough the "Magician Mode" those 3 chievos popped when the intro started.
Those 3 need a fix...

Black Dog
Unicorn
Magician

Pereira006
Posted: 09 Dec, 2013 22:35
Hmm if you play "magician Mode" you got all cards

entrax
Posted: 09 Dec, 2013 22:45
yep i received the last 2 that i needed when i started magician.

fariganello
Posted: 09 Jan, 2014 02:55
Pluto
Black Dog
Unicorn
Level 50
Shinning Armor

Unlocked in the main menu, before loading the game, when I tried to use the second save slot.

Otamegane
Posted: 05 May, 2014 06:31
Last Edit: 05 May, 2014 15:13
Would be cool if some more Achievements where to be added like "Obtain the Toy Ring" and some others cool dropped items from enemies. Other than that, everything is really awesome, thanks for providing so much fun and replay factor for those already awesome games.

StingX2
Posted: 05 May, 2014 15:26
Last Edit: 05 May, 2014 16:22
I agree, the values are here, going to add a few

Edit: Added all the rare drops, if I missed one let me know

Otamegane
Posted: 05 May, 2014 22:51
Last Edit: 05 May, 2014 22:57
Thanks! Really awesome that this was done, since some of them are really challenging to obtain, i felt that it would be some nice way to create new Achievements for the game.
Also, the Double-Grips! It is the most strong Acc in the game and obtaining it isnt that hard, though you have to know how to use them. Something like "One more can make the difference!" for a title and the description would be "You've obtained two Double-Grips".

StingX2
Posted: 05 May, 2014 23:16
Is that an item? Ill look later

PManningFan1618
Posted: 06 May, 2014 02:34
Yeah the double grips are dropped by the Dark Armor I believe.

Otamegane
Posted: 06 May, 2014 05:07
Last Edit: 06 May, 2014 06:02
PmanningFan1618 is correct, it is dropped by the Dark Armor.
Also, there seems to be a bug with the Bear Ring and Toy Ring achievement. I loaded a save game and dropped they once more (since i thought that the ones that i already had wouldnt count) and when i got both the Achievement didnt appeared and isnt registered in my database.
Does it need to be in a fresh New Game for it to count or am i doing something wrong ? So far the ones for the Sage Robe, Diamond Armor and Strenght Armband activate just fine. I'll check the others one and come with more feed about them.
Edit: Never mind about the Bear Ring achiev, just got it, i thought that like the other ones i just needed to drop it, silly me. Anyway, got another one, the Gambler's Bracelet seems to be fine. I'll check the others later.

StingX2
Posted: 06 May, 2014 13:17
Last Edit: 06 May, 2014 14:24
Right so its a simple fix but the achievements aren't accounting for the fact you have 1, they unlock at one. I'll switch it to 1 or more and see if that unlocks it for you.

IM SO GLAD THE BEAR ONE WORKED MUHAHAAHAHA

Edit: All fixed I hope.
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account