Phantasy Star II
Posted: 16 Mar, 2016 13:41
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 16 Mar, 2016 13:41 by
Posted: 19 Mar, 2016 12:45
It would be a long haul, but I could start looking into it. Been wanting to do this one
Posted: 23 Mar, 2016 04:42
Definitely needs an Achievement for killing Neifirst as Nei or completing the game without using the clone labs aside from one scene.
Posted: 24 Mar, 2016 06:40
Sounds good, the clone lab achievement particularly. Any other special requests, post them here!
Posted: 24 Mar, 2016 17:42
Last Edit: 24 Mar, 2016 17:43
* Sad Fate: Bring Teim to Darum
* Ruined Labs: Obtain the Recorder
* Fancy Ride: Obtain the Jet Ski
* Chewy Air: Obtain the Maruera Gum
* Primogenitor Felled: Defeat Neifirst
* Parma's Last Days: Witness Parma's Destruction
* The Milennial Man: Meet Lutz
* Pandora's Box: Defeat Dark Force
* The Truth of Algo: Destroy Mother Brain
* Gastrointestinal Armageddon: Eat a Roron Garbage Cake
* The Light of Nei: Have the Neisword break Dark Force's Evil Curse on your team (Will randomly trigger in the battle)
* Trump Card: Finish the Game without using MEGID
* That's a Long Walk: Return home after Shir steals from a Dezolis Shop (No Teleporting using Techs or the Teleportation Stations allowed in this case, you must walk all the way back to Paseo)
* Ripoff Artist: Equip a Magic Cap and buy something from a store on Dezolis
* Musical Talent: Have all the characters including Nei, learn the Musik skill.
* Cellphone: Obtain the Visiphone
* Filthy Stinking Rich: Obtain 500,000 Meseta
* Arctic Barrier: Find the Snow Crown
* Gusty Scarf: Find the Color Scarf
* Short Circuit: Use an Instant Death Tech on a Robot
* Do the Dew: Obtain a Moon Dew
* Nice Job Breaking it Rolf: Defeat the Army Eyes (Doing so makes it impossible to progress)
Perhaps an Achievement for each character getting their final techs instead of levelling them up to 50 like in other games.
Posted: 24 Mar, 2016 18:42
The achievements for each character getting final techs is awesome.
Posted: 24 Mar, 2016 18:55
Frankly I was just getting sick of the whole Grind to Level X nonsense that other RPGs have. I didn't want to spend hours upon hours plodding through to get an achievement maybe worth 20 points.
Having a cheevo for a character getting their best skills/techs makes it easier to gauge and adds an incentive to actually grind them to just that level, and then bench them if you don't feel like using them, not having to spend hours to just drag one character that may not even net XP due to them being dead weight as others will do better in combat than them. It's sort of a Gripe I have had with some of the other RPGs that have Achievements that I played here so far.
Why the hell should I keep using them to get to level 50 or so when I can just let them get their best techs and then Bench em if I have better ones.
Posted: 24 Mar, 2016 21:51
That is an ideal strategy for achievements to be less grindy in respect to RPGs, in this case, the techs are like the job system in Final Fantasy. I try to avoid unnecessary grinding in achievements in general, and here the leveling up of stats are not as important as learned/mastery of techniques. Thats the kind of vibe this set should have.
Posted: 12 Jun, 2016 23:49
"completing the game without using the clone labs aside from one scene"
Really want to create this cheevo, but this may be only doable and reasonable to everyone if its per quest (like a dungeon run)
If I can track RAM that counts the times visiting the lab per game save this can be no problem, otherwise it would be limited per segment of the game.
"didn't want to spend hours upon hours plodding through to get an achievement maybe worth 20 points."
I created an achievement for Rolf to learn his first tech, and then there will just be achievements for final techs per character.
Posted: 03 Jul, 2016 01:55
Currently @ 40 points ;)
Tracked up to reaching the city of Opta.
Posted: 08 Aug, 2016 04:18
Last Edit: 08 Aug, 2016 04:20
Achievements for battle with Neifirst are up. Currently @ 165 points.
Posted: 15 Oct, 2016 22:54
Nice Job Breaking it Rolf cannot be done. Ive tried and looked every-way possible and found that it requires a hack to override Army Eyes. RA/Scott does not support achievements which conditions hacks or cheat codes (the Konami code might be the only exception)
Posted: 01 Mar, 2017 11:09
Last Edit: 01 Mar, 2017 11:09
Congrats on making a great set! I know this has been a wip for some time.
Posted: 01 Mar, 2017 12:09
Last Edit: 01 Mar, 2017 12:17
Finally!Well done Jay, Congratulations!
Posted: 01 Mar, 2017 13:13
So far I can't seem to find a version of the game that works. Tried like 6 different versions of the game, but none of them loaded in the achievement set, and only 2 were tracked. So all of these fed into those two, but both of them are ghosts at 0/0
login to retroachievements.org:
or create a new account
or create a new account