Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 06 Oct, 2013 06:42 by

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+E.V.O.+-+Search+for+Eden+SNES
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+E.V.O.+-+Search+for+Eden+SNES
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+E.V.O.+-+Search+for+Eden+SNES

Brando83
Posted: 24 Aug, 2014 00:31
It'd be awesome to see achievements added for this game. Not usually into RPGs, but I remember renting this multiple times and loving it.

Dexterspet
Posted: 29 Mar, 2015 23:32
Last Edit: 20 Aug, 2015 11:02
I've been working on this for the past day or two. This is my first time making achievements but I seem to have created a bit that work better than expected and are pretty varied in their execution.

I plan to get achievements for:
-All bad ends
-Some random stuff you can do
-Saving up a certain number of EVO points
-Beating the game with Mammal, Bird and Reptile
-Getting best upgrades for each classification
-and of course one for each of the bosses.

I already have what I've made so far working well and pretty much have most of what to add planned as I come up to them in my playthrough, but if anybody has suggestions or the like, I'll do my best to get it working provided it is a decent idea.

If all goes as is currently planned (might get more ideas in my current playthrough), the achievement total should come out to ~40.

ImpliedKappa
Posted: 30 Mar, 2015 00:34
It'd be fun to have a new excuse to go through this game. I'm tearing through the RPGs that already have achievements here, and it's great to see that new achievements are still being created.

Good luck, and thanks in advance for your work.

Dexterspet
Posted: 04 Apr, 2015 01:08
Last Edit: 20 Aug, 2015 11:00
The achievement set for EVO is now complete! I've done a test playthrough as well as tested all achievements individually and everything seems to be working okay, but if you encounter any problems report it through the emulator.

Notes:
-For the "Ultimate X" achievements, neck extended/shortened and body size do not matter since they are about equal in their benefits and drawbacks as well as largely depending upon playstyle. Back of the heads and tails of equal EVO point value do not matter as well, so long as you have one of the most expensive ones. Once again, this is because which one gives more benefit is largely up to playstyle.
- requires the best jaws and swordfish horn. However, the swordfish horn makes you unable to evolve your jaws. You must get the best jaws before evolving the swordfish horn and keep the horn until you have all the other upgrades.
- can not be done with an "inbetween" 2-leg/4-leg evolution. You MUST either be a full 2-legged reptile or full 4-legged reptile for the achievement to trigger.
- needs the Tyrasaurus jaws, due to Phonocos jaws only providing minor boosts in agility and jumping ability over the Tyrasaurus jaws which provide 12 more biting damage, and the bird being not too great at jumping as a means of damage in the first place.
- can use either Rhinoceros Jaws or Fierce Jaws, as the "best" changes depending upon playstyle. This does not include evolving into a human, which is seen rather as a bonus evolution instead of a full evolution.
- can be obtained with both a mammal and a human.
-"Bad" end cutscenes and should not trigger until anything the achievement could spoil in the text by popping is already shown.
- requires you to leave the screen in the area after the maze, which is where a boss is. The boss will not appear here if you've beaten him, and since progress resets if you get hit you should only attempt this achievement on a second run through the caves, after beating the boss, since it is unlikely you will beat him on your first attempt without getting hit.
- and "Reach Eden as X" achievements won't pop until in the ending cutscene.

For safe savestate locations to save for "X without damage" achievements, check pastebin.com/CLjsVJr1

If anything else is unintentionally ambiguous or too specific, do tell.

ShadwSonic
Posted: 19 May, 2017 20:41
I noticed that the cheev for No-damage Rogon Leader is no longer here, with the points redistributed to 400... is that intentional? Because given how cheap he was, I could see that.

Dexterspet
Posted: 19 May, 2017 22:03
Yes, I demoted it myself because the swim back to him is too long to justify his cheap 1 damage hits. If you could retry right at him it probably would've stayed.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account