User: 
Pass: 

Contra

Page: < 1 2
AuthorMessage

rid
Posted: 01 Jun, 2015 16:38
Last Edit: 01 Jun, 2015 19:31
I've just finished the game with no konami code. During some stages, i used Spread Gun, even on the last stage.
However i get Spread of Doom achievement. I think that's an error.

sunny
Posted: 04 Sep, 2016 23:55
Last Edit: 05 Sep, 2016 16:51
Just reporting that triggered even though I had the Konami code enabled.

EDIT: Hmm just noticed that the forum topic for this game is in the Mega Drive/Genesis section hah.

LordShin
Posted: 04 Oct, 2016 20:11
Just tested and could confirm that it does trigger with or without the Konami Code, and it's not surprising since there was no address assigned to ResetIf the code was used.

I have since fixed the achievement and it should now work as intended.

kdecks
Posted: 27 Feb, 2017 18:07
Last Edit: 27 Feb, 2017 18:08
Changed badge from something that looked kinda like this (was just a image of Bill, but without ground or a bullet) to . Reason: felt visually basic and had room for improvement.

At the same time I also expanded and enhanced the rich presence.

Salsa
Posted: 17 Jul, 2017 00:17
Small revision of the set is done.
Right now all progress achievement will unlock while clearing current stages, not reaching the next. Score achievements are now protected from using Konami Code, and one was demoted being unnecessary.

New achievements:

Achievements which were demoted:

500.000 Points (no Konami Code allowed)<br/></div>')" onmouseout="UnTip()" >Hi-Score ManiacHi-Score Maniac (10)

kdecks
Posted: 17 Jul, 2017 00:39
Last Edit: 17 Jul, 2017 06:09
I made a change here as well. I've retired the two old leaderboard because they were insecure (didn't have save state protection), leaving the points and top ranks as they are and added two new leaderboards that will now be active.

The first is High Score - No loop. It submits on game victory or on game over and restarts when the player continues or starts a new game.

The 2nd new leaderboard starts if the player enters the Konami Code. The leaderboard is highest score in one life. It restarts on continuing or from starting a new game and submits when a player dies.

I also updated 10 badges, many of them had major distortion. I followed the original designs conceptually.

kdecks
Posted: 17 Jul, 2017 06:14
Last Edit: 17 Jul, 2017 06:28
Check out the bonus set for this game: retroachievements.org/Game/5948

Salsa
Posted: 30 Jul, 2017 19:34
Decided to make conclusive update for the revision, as ultimately found the previous one lacky, missing challenges for other bosses, and more. I've switched a couple of challenges, but demoted only one achievement, which was very much redundand. I've changed some descriptions, fixed a couple achievements to work better, and replaced some of original icons.

New achievements:

Achievements which were demoted:

DonCosmo
Posted: 30 Jul, 2017 21:13
You could make 99999999999999999999999 Contra sets and I will play em all. More are always welcome.

DonCosmo
Posted: 30 Jul, 2017 21:15
Also Kudos for the Harlan Ellison reference.

cosmo1
Posted: 30 Jul, 2017 23:05
Please do Phantasy Star, Salsa hahaha! Enough of Contra hahahah!

kdecks
Posted: 31 Jul, 2017 19:44
Last Edit: 05 Sep, 2017 04:53
I've made some minor changes to some of the descriptions for uniformity, as in references to the Konami code, and clearing stages vs beating them (there were some of each), and changing a description that capitalized every word.

I also added Konami code restriction to as it's a walk in the park without this restriction.

edit: 4 Sept 2017: Made some updates to RP, added a few blank spaces for bugs. Turned the word "shooting" into 🔫. Moved Rapid fire to the back front of the weapon to the front and removed the word fire. I added loop and fixed a bug in the stage name check, where it would parse "unknown" if they player had looped.

Example:
▌▌ Alien's Lair: 🔫Rapid Spread Gun. 5 Lives, 3 Continues, Loop 1

The same for the bonus set. I did the RP for the multi set too, but it's different as it's showing info for two players.

Multi set example:
Jungle:P1 🔫Rapid Flame Gun, +2Lives |P2 🔫Rapid Machine Gun, +2Lives |3 Continues

It's +2 instead of just two for the way that the game handles lives and game over for one player. As in you can be on your last life have +0 and not be on game over. It's fine as it is for the single player sets but needs a distinction here.
Page: < 1 2

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account