Created 28 Feb, 2016 14:28 by

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+RPM+Racing+
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+RPM+Racing+
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+RPM+Racing+

MGA
Posted: 28 Feb, 2016 15:07
Last Edit: 04 Mar, 2016 19:02
So this game is not very complicated or got too much tech going on. It's a simple racer....
Heres ma plan on achievements, i know it's not fancy, thats why i post it here... to discuss with the community:

24 Level (inc finish)
(224 points: first 12 lvl are worth 4 points, second 5 are 8, then 3 are 10, then 3 are 14, and finish is 20 )

Dieing and 3x killing
Dieing: 3 Killing: 3*4 = 15)

Collect more Money
(1+2+4+8+16+32+64 = 127)

Buy Equipment
(5 * 3)

Play on custom map

Overlap

Go back from lvl 24 to lvl 23 instead of finishing

Total points: 400
Total achv: 43

MGA
Posted: 04 Mar, 2016 18:19
Last Edit: 04 Mar, 2016 19:40
So, I'll just do the set on unofficial, and in a few days I make them official if nobody has something to say against this set.
There are some possibilitys of time Challanges but i dont know what is addiquate, also the change of engine power makes it harder to balance... but Leaderboards will be coming

valts
Posted: 26 Dec, 2016 13:44
I know it's been almost a year, but any chance of fixing/finishing this achievement set? Currently money achievements are not trigering. I'm using retroarch and USA rom from emuparadise, checksum f7933734.
Tried RASnes9X and all but last money achievements and "Armed to the tire" unlocked on loading rom. I'm at level 8 with 1040$ and all reach level achievements unlocks properly. "Witness the death of Player ..." are also working.

MGNS8M
Posted: 26 Dec, 2016 16:14
Usually achievements-unlocking-immediately in RetroArch means you either have the wrong file(but you probably do have the right file), or you're using a "stable build" of RetroArch that doesn't have the fix used in the Nightlies. (Although I myself can't run RetroArch, so I can't test to know for sure.)

I'm not familiar with the game myself, but it looks like it's finished...but if it's broken, it seems like MGA hasn't logged on since September, so I'm not sure if/when they'd get them fixed.

If you are using an older/stable version of RetroArch though, consider using one of the newer Nightly builds, those should have the fix. But if you ARE using the latest Nightlies, then it might just be this set is broken and no one reported it(kind of like another game I know that everyone plays but never reports for being completely broken). It does look like a neat game, but I've never played it, not really sure I can fix it really.

valts
Posted: 26 Dec, 2016 22:36
Thanks for reply. I'm already using latest nightly build of retroarch. I also compared high scores with first five users for this game and they all have money achievements unlocked within seconds meaning they probably got those unlocked at just launching rom. As a workaround I deleted all money achievements I have not yet got in my savegame (currently level 17 and 168000$). "Get the best ..." equipment achievements are also broken and not unlocking. Maybe MGA was using EU version or some broken rom. I'll try experimenting with different roms.

valts
Posted: 27 Dec, 2016 18:32
Since MGA seems MIA I fixed all broken money and get the best equipment achievements. Also "Armed to the tire" which requires maxing all usable items simultaneously. Kudos to MGA for finding addresses. I added them to unofficial user submitted achievements. Tested with RASnes9X 0.015 using USA rom with checksums CRC32: f7933734; MD5: cb802f27cab677a9b5c1c7fa4258e259. I think addresses for JAP version are same so it should work with other roms. How do I get those fixed achievements verified? Do I have to pm admins?

MGNS8M
Posted: 27 Dec, 2016 21:14
It might be better to fix the ones already uploaded, although it will mean any broken-achievement reports will be sent to MGA and not you.

But the thing is, if you don't have developer status, you can't demote the bad achievements, so if you did promote-to-core your fixes, the set would be over 400 points and no further changes could be made. So probably the best thing to do is imitate your fixes from the ones you put into Unofficial and make those changes for the old ones in Core/Official, then use Commit to change them. But again if there are any other problems with them, you won't get any alerts for needing to fix them, so you might want to give them some rigorous testing and at least keep an eye on them if you do commit the changes. Although it seems like it's not been played too often, so you might not need to keep an eye on it too much..

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account