Longplay
Wikipedia

Jaarl
Posted: 10 Sep, 2013 02:29
30 Cheevs , 400 points.
Enjoy! :) Created on 1.0 (U)

cirellio
Posted: 10 Sep, 2013 03:31
*applauds* This is one that definitely needed done. Thanks for the hard work!

Jaarl
Posted: 10 Sep, 2013 10:53
Added another 2 which lands us at a total of 32! Yay for science!

Brian
Posted: 10 Sep, 2013 11:24
No-hit cheevs, GO! No-death*
Probably one per level because of the game's difficulty, as well as one for the entire game. If you don't want to do them, I will. This game could use them.

Looking like a good list!

Edit: Each level has a timer, you could do speed cheevs (finish the stage with X amount of time remaining)

Jaarl
Posted: 10 Sep, 2013 23:41
after some tweaking and tuning we now have a total of 41 achivements for the total of 400 points! Thanks Brian for making me make these cheevs :D

After too many hours of trying to make the no-death cheevs work they should finally do what they are supposed to, happy hunting!

kdecks
Posted: 26 Jan, 2017 06:09

kdecks
Posted: 15 Feb, 2017 07:15
Last Edit: 15 Feb, 2017 07:24
Dev Log:
I'm In the process of making a revision on the set.

First thing I did was make 8 achievements (one for each level) that require the player find every treasure chest and collect every static money bag, without using Seek Magic (crossbow magic). I plan to make a youtube video that shows the locations of all of them, so players are not left scrambling as there is no fully definitive list online that I could find.

I made a number of wording changes to titles and descriptions for weapons/levels/spells to reflect the game manual.

~26 Jan 17

Since yesterday I'm back to work on this set and so far most of the work I've done has been under the hood. I removed a minor bug that occurred in every achievement, which caused achievement to not be achievable if the player was on their last continue credit; replaced that with a more stable demo protection (which is barely needed anyway).

I put a bunch of time finding addresses/flags for cheat code* protection for the achievements that ask the player to do anything progress related. There is no flag for the code being used so. I devised having a checkpoint at the Capcom logo, and then having a resetIf if the player went to the cheat code menu. Later I realized this won't work as the stage skip remains if the player resets. Went for another alternative which requires level checkpoints on all the stages and and a mem/delta counter for how many stages are necessary. It's a bit overkill, but the cheat won't work.

I demoted as the concept is sufficiently covered between and . I've also added, as it was missing from progress.

I've modified all the "Clear xx Quest in one life" cheeves so that the player will be able to reattempt it if they spawn at the start of the level. (previously there was a checkpoint req in place before the stage that gave the player one attempt only.) They were also coded in a way that caused most of the conditions to be filled before the player reaches the level. Fixed that. Best of all, for the diligent/struggling player the achievements are now cheat code friendly, the player will be able to skip to whichever stage they want reattempt the achievement without having to play through the entire game, if they failed it previously.

Reworked (formerly: Beat the game without losing a single life), reducing difficulty.

14 Feb 17

*Cheat Code: Stage select: Highlight ''Exit'' on the option screen with controller one. Hold L + Start on controller two and press Start on controller one.)

HippopotamusRex
Posted: 15 Feb, 2017 08:34
What exactly was wrong with Shadow of the Knight before this? I'm not following.

It was perfectly achievable for a good enough player at the game, and it's certainly not the toughest or most random achievement on the site.

Yes it was difficult. That's why it was so hard to get before. Not following why it needs to be easier.

kdecks
Posted: 15 Feb, 2017 14:08
Last Edit: 15 Feb, 2017 14:37
After much discussion in chat, I found it to be a more balanced difficulty level, reduced from Super Hard to Very Hard and taking inspiration from .

I would like the set to be made in a way that satisfies the largest player base without dumbing it down too much.

I am already planning on making a leaderboard. What if I made a 2nd leaderboard, "Highest Points under one life on Professional"? That would allow the top skill players to show off their skill with the game.

Also the Revision is still a Work-In-Progress, though I see no fault in publishing completed achievements for bug testing. If you or anyone gets the new achievements in a way outside of their design, please let me know via pm.

frenzymatt
Posted: 15 Feb, 2017 14:59
One or more achievements for points are interesting...
Great job on the new achieveements and improvements.

I think hidden chests for stage 3 and 7 needs revision... already did twice, for level 3 I`ve fount every 9 chests and gold but wasnt awarded, and for stage 7, I just can`t find the final chest, any clue?

kdecks
Posted: 15 Feb, 2017 16:20
Bugs for 3 & 4 are fixed.
http://textuploader.com/d1pe9: file with all know chests.

popoki
Posted: 15 Feb, 2017 18:46
Last Edit: 15 Feb, 2017 18:57
Shadow of Knight was not the type of achievement we should have on this site for games like SGnG and as a skilled player that's been playing it on and off for ~25 years that's completed it several times on the highest difficulty, I'm just gonna say that you're insane & foolish even on an achievement site like this if you think there was *anything* okay about that achievement. I'm fine with how it is now and I'd even be fine with 1 default life no continues on Professional -- but expecting even the godliest of players to sit through a multiple-hour long double-dip massive quest of a game that's in the top 5% of hardest games ever made that has tons of random bullshit moments like the goblins dropping at the end of stage 3 and the next-to-last boss with the Goddess Bracelet... without dying even one single time... is way out of bounds and idiotic IMO even for ultra-hardcore gamers. I'm also absolutely convinced that the majority of people who earned it on hardcore up to now most likely found some way to cheat it, because I'm not convinced a normal human could do that. Like I've said before, even watching top-world-players speedrun this game there's usually at least one death, usually multiple.

tl;dr: Shut up, Hippo, and stop griping every time we get rid of or fix frankly terrible achievements like that. It makes me legit furious that there are top-5 users on this site that would rather the site keep achievements that would take literally months of doing nothing but playing a decades-old game every single day religiously until you can literally play it on a robotic-tier flawless level rather than actually fun and interesting challenges.

HippopotamusRex
Posted: 15 Feb, 2017 18:52
Ok I get it now.

So pretty much Shadow in the Knight is being moved to a leaderboard instead (based on no death points) and the main set is being relegated to less crazy hard ones.

I'll get on board that. It actually makes SinK more fun, because it eliminates the roof of an already crazy hard challenge.

kdecks
Posted: 16 Feb, 2017 04:36
Last Edit: 16 Feb, 2017 05:01
Dev Log 2:
Fixed a two bugs on the 8 new achievements treasure hunting achievements, and third on one the the update's cheat protection.

Dev wise made slow progress today. In the time I did have in the day I was digging into the memory, studying the game and trying to find solutions for some no compromise ideas I have. I think I have an eloquent solution for the Quest 1 minimalist challenge, requiring player creativity and is a decent challenge. I would be able to do more if I could have ResetIf counters. Too bad.

I published . It's ready to be tested/played. I also added a * flag on the name of all achievements that allow for the the player to use the stage skip cheat.

Fixed a major bug in (my error), and published it's big brother as suggested by .

More incoming.

-15 Feb 17
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account