User: 
Pass: 

AOTW 2.0 #5

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 11 Jan, 2016 03:58
Last Edit: 14 Feb, 2016 00:27
I'm eliminating the point system in name only and just showcasing who got what this time. The Champ will be whoever does the most in hardcore versus softcore. There will be 3 champs, one for AOTW/Hard Champ/RPG Champ

If you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game, then the achievement. This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!

2014 Champ:
2015 Champ:

I Can Track Timestamps for When You Earned Things, so I'm not awarding points that were unlocked way before or way after

Achievement of the Week:

Hard Achievement Challenge (Expires End of January):

RPG Achievement Challenge (Expires End of January):

Have you done the video on a stream or video recently and can prove it? I'll credit you. this is up to my discretion and arguing will just get you removed from the competition.

2015/2016 AOTW Leaderboard
Nilsyn: SMW, Kid Drac, Gimmick, Double Dragon, Spiderman Carnage

SlimKirby: SMW, Kid Drac, Gimmick, Double Dragon, Elf

Thunder: SMW, Kid Drac, Gimmick, Double Dragon

Yakurena: Kid Drac, Gimmick, Double Dragon

AVSB007: Kid Drac, Gimmick, Double Dragon

Mikiruby: SMW, Kid Drac, Gimmick

Zato: Kid Drac, Gimmick, Spiderman Carnage

Slime95: Kid Drac, Gimmick

BIPS: Gimmick, Double Dragon

SexyChazz: Double Dragon, Elf

ImpliedKappa: SMW, Elf

BEEFY2015: Double Dragon, Spiderman Carnage

bpranzetti: SMW

DragonRetro: SMW

Sef: SMW

zeldamaniak: SMW

JokerTHX: SMW

magnotj: SMW

SyrianBallas: Kid Drac

Kutal: Kid Drac

Sireture: Gimmick

Skullkid: SMW (softcore)

Ilea: Gimmick (softcore)

clevertonheusner: Double Dragon

gavazza: Double Dragon

Sonicman2005: Double Dragon

winkan: Double Dragon

LuizAlexandre29: Double Dragon

Whelkman: Double Dragon

Xan0707: Double Dragon

reaper00702: Double Dragon

Yakurena: Elf

2015 Hard Leaderboard
Salsa: Bubble Bobble

Thunder: Bubble Bobble

Lockerdown3: Advance Wars

Zato: Advance Wars

2015 RPG Leaderboard
Whelkman: FF2J, Gaia, FF1GBA

ImpliedKappa: FF2J, Gaia

Zato: Gaia, FF1GBA

HippopotamusRex: Gaia, FF1GBA

Thunder: FF2J

RodgerMDR: FF2J

Pocrage: Gaia

Elwaka: FF1GBA

belyzelien: FF1GBA

Nilysn: FF1GBA

gooby: FF1GBA

AuraoftheDawn: FF1GBA

VonBeardly: FF1GBA

fallensoul: FF1GBA

SyrianBallas: FF1GBA

Stimpy789: FF1GBA

SyrianBallaS
Posted: 11 Jan, 2016 23:01
Not trying to argue but I got the Dawn of Souls achievement last week, if I have to get it again it's ok.

Dexterspet
Posted: 11 Jan, 2016 23:31
You can load your save after resetting its progress for Dawn of Souls, with the way it's coded. If you don't want to risk it, just reset the status in the "achievement sets" window from the Retroachievements tab. That won't remove the achievement from your list but if you re-meet the conditions it will act as if you achieved it again (moving the date achieved forward as well).

SyrianBallaS
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 00:20
Ok, I'll try resetting that particular achievement. I started New Game+, if I have to do it again, it's not a big deal for me.

Dexterspet
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 00:27
Actually if you DID do it in NG+ it probably wouldn't work, assuming bestiary data goes over. Achievement checks that your boss killcount is exactly one.

SyrianBallaS
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 01:12
Well it still worked, thanks for the tip

SlimKirby
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 09:10
Small thing...you don't have the Elf achievement posted in terms of who got it and whatnot. Just something I noticed =P

StingX2
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 14:39
whoops

Whelkman
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 20:29
I thought the omission was intentional. Wasn't there a Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse one, too? I heard it referenced but I didn't realize there was an AOTW module on the home page until Elf so I never saw it.

SlimKirby
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 21:19
'm honoring anyone that did any of the three from the week posted to today. I was working almost nonstop in december and barely had time to even stream on twitch.

That was from the last thread, so they still count, unless I am just interpreting this really badly. Also yeah, there was that Mickey Mouse one too. I raged pretty hard at getting that XD So yeah, that would be nice to have too.

Whelkman
Posted: 12 Jan, 2016 21:50
What was the Mickey one, beat the game? Just curious in case there's a catch-up in the future.

AntonyBlalock
Posted: 13 Jan, 2016 08:33
earn 200,000 points

the games were Magical Quest, Elf, and one im forgetting. (those might have been the only 2 actually)

SyrianBallaS
Posted: 14 Jan, 2016 02:50
The spider man game is really tough, I might not get it. I will try nonetheless.

BEEFY2015
Posted: 14 Jan, 2016 21:08
I have just got End of Maximum Carnage? achievement it was quite hard in fact probably one the hardest I have ever got.

SlimKirby
Posted: 16 Jan, 2016 16:35
Yeah, Spider Man and Venom is very unforgiving. Only one continue, and the fact that you can lose lives on fights you are supposed to lose. I can't even get past Level 5, and I need to make it to Level 20, so I might need to pass on this one. Good luck to all of those who are really good at beat-em-ups! =P
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account