login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

NES Achivements

Page: 1 2 3 >
AuthorMessage

pgj1997
Posted: 01 Sep, 2013 20:22
I think NES achievements should be added. Since there's so many games for the system. FCEUX would be the easiest to mod for achivements, since it's written in LUA.

Seijin
Posted: 07 Sep, 2013 19:11
I had a similar thought when I first joined the site. I was surprised that the NES had nothing. I was kind of afraid to ask about it, myself. Is there any particular reason that no NES achievements are in place? Difficulty to find a compatible emulator for the site, perhaps?

Scott
Posted: 07 Sep, 2013 19:48
Don't be afraid to ask! We just haven't progressed onto NES just yet - we are still filling out the Mega Drive/Genesis, SNES backcatalogues at the moment, we just didn't want to seem like all the games are a little thin on the ground. We're progressing though, and we've had a look at a few emulators that might be suitable for NES and N64 integration. The only real delay is that we've been looking into getting Android app support, which has delayed us somewhat. NES is definitely on the cards though - be patient and I'm sure we'll have something ready for you soon! :)

GuiPeli
Posted: 16 Sep, 2013 01:56
Hello Scott!

I just joined RA and I thought RA for Neo Geo games would be great too. Is Neo Geo on the plans?

Congratulations to everybody that helps and develops for RA!

Scott
Posted: 01 Oct, 2013 09:38
Hey GuiPeli, and welcome to RetroAchievements! Thankyou for your kind words - I've since been having words with a colleague about a neo geo emulator that would be suitable, and it looks promising! I'd be very interested in adding RA to neo geo, nes, and porting all these emulators to android asap, currently we're working on the nes version, but neo geo is definitely high on the list! I'll post back as soon as we have an alpha version working :) hope you're having fun!

pgj1997
Posted: 13 Oct, 2013 18:31
Check out what I just found out! Looks like they took my advice!

Scott
Posted: 13 Oct, 2013 19:05
Haha!! Sure looks that way :P apologies for not getting back sooner, but yes the NES emu is now officially released! Head on over to the download page to pick it up! Obviously we are going to start out very thin on the ground for achievements (Only 5 achievements to earn so far!) but we will be getting up to speed asap, I'm making some right now! :)
What was your favourite NES game? What were you best at, ?

pgj1997
Posted: 13 Oct, 2013 20:06
I'm actually having a problem with the emulator. Whenever I load the rom, all I get is a black screen. I can still hear the sounds though, just no video.

Also, in response to Scott, I have many favorite NES games. There's Super Mario Bros., DuckTales, Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3. As for what games I'm good at, I'm really good at SMB1 and SMB3, not so much for SMB2 though.

Scott
Posted: 13 Oct, 2013 21:56
Hey pgj, which rom are you loading? Legend of Zelda?

pgj1997
Posted: 13 Oct, 2013 22:35
I've loaded DuckTales, Legend of Zelda, SMB1, SMB2, and SMB3 all with no success.

PManningFan1618
Posted: 14 Oct, 2013 06:31
I was having the same problem about the screen being black. I went to config, video configuration, and at the bottom of the screen. I changed my direct draw to hardware acceleration for full screen and window settings and it worked.

Scott
Posted: 14 Oct, 2013 09:25
Nice one PManningFan, that's some great advice! Not sure why it's not rendering at all :S do you still have access to the overlay when you use this fix?

PManningFan1618
Posted: 14 Oct, 2013 10:16
Everything seems to work fine like the other emulators when I changed it to hardware acceleration. I was working on achievements for Friday the 13th and had no problems with it.

pgj1997
Posted: 14 Oct, 2013 21:18
PManningFan's instructions worked!!! I have video now!

cosmo
Posted: 09 Nov, 2013 18:11
RANES do not open any rom after update, i got an error and instructions to report to microsoft...
Page: 1 2 3 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account