login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

AOTW 2.0 #2

AuthorMessage

StingX2
Posted: 17 Nov, 2015 14:50
Last Edit: 24 Nov, 2015 15:46
I'm eliminating the point system in name only and just showcasing who got what this time. The Champ will be whoever does the most in hardcore versus softcore. There will be 3 champs, one for AOTW/Hard Champ/RPG Champ

If you already have this achievement and want to enter the competition, please visit your settings page (www.retroachievements.org/controlpanel.php) and remove the achievement from your account first. You will find the option to remove individual achievements from your account under "reset game progress", first pick the game, then the achievement. This will allow you to re-earn the achievement this week! Good luck all!

2014 Champ:
2015 Champ:

I Can Track Timestamps for When You Earned Things, so I'm not awarding points that were unlocked way before or way after

Achievement of the Week:

Hard Achievement Challenge (Expires End of November):

RPG Achievement Challenge (Expires End of November):

Have you done the video on a stream or video recently and can prove it? I'll credit you. this is up to my discretion and arguing will just get you removed from the competition.

2015 AOTW Leaderboard
Nilsyn: SMW, Kid Drac

Mikiruby: SMW, Kid Drac

Thunder: SMW, Kid Drac

SlimKirby: SMW, Kid Drac

bpranzetti: SMW

DragonRetro: SMW

ImpliedKappa: SMW

Sef: SMW

zeldamaniak: SMW

JokerTHX: SMW

magnotj: SMW

Slime95: Kid Drac

SyrianBallas: Kid Drac

Zato: Kid Drac

Kutal: Kid Drac

Yakurena: Kid Drac

AVSB007: Kid Drac

Skullkid: SMW (softcore)

2015 Hard Leaderboard

2015 RPG Leaderboard

Yakurena
Posted: 18 Nov, 2015 23:03
Last Edit: 18 Nov, 2015 23:03
I just discovered this competition, and Kid Dracula was one of the games I played during my childhood, so it is a good reason to replay to it ^^. I just wanted to know a precision : what is the latest date to validate the achievement of the week ? Is it the Sunday of the week (here, the 22th), or a week later than the day you posted the topic (17 + 7 = the 24th) ?

Whelkman
Posted: 20 Nov, 2015 22:51
Last Edit: 21 Nov, 2015 05:50
A bit of confusion:

I Can Track Timestamps for When You Earned Things, so I'm not awarding points that were unlocked way before or way after

This seems to imply that the system logging the achievement within the prescribed time span is sufficient. However:

Have you done the video on a stream or video recently and can prove it? I'll credit you.

This seems to imply that video evidence is also required. True? Or is this a consideration external to the primary rules? What sort of recording formats are accepted? I'd imagine the easiest for most people would be to record with FRAPS, DXtory, Bandicam, or the emulator itself, where supported, and upload the footage to YouTube.

Salsa
Posted: 21 Nov, 2015 07:49
The video evidence isn't required. It is only optional, when you didn't recently tracked the achievement on RA, but posted or streamed a video, that can prove it, at the time when the competition is/was up.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account