CRC32 Checksum: AF1AE123

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

jared6502
Posted: 12 Jun, 2019 05:34
Last Edit: 12 Jun, 2019 05:51
I think this set is in serious need of an overhaul. Here are my thoughts on what to do:

Addition
-Add a score achievement for the arcade game in the Maxi Mart store.

Demotion
-none

Achievement Rework
-Create new badges instead of using the default trophy icons, such as using screenshots from the cutscenes that play after completing something.

-Change the achievement names to references to the show, such as the name of a song featured on the show or some other show element that could be related to the achievement.

-Make the achievement descriptions give more detail about what you're actually doing and better match the actual event that advances the plot. "beat stage 5", "beat stage 6", "beat stage 7", and "finish the game" don't really say anything about what you're supposed to be doing, and could instead say something about the specific task you're completing at that point in the game to advance the plot, such as retrieving the oil for Todd, going to the police station, and breaking Todd out of jail. The actual meaning behind "beat stage 5" is unclear, though it looks like it was supposed to be for making the delivery to the karate studio.

Change to Leaderboards
-Add a leaderboard for the arcade game in the Maxi Mart store.

Update in Rich Presence
-Add rich presence
-current task, such as "escaping school", "crawling through the sewers", "walking in the park", etc.
-current location lookup table (so far I only see 33 different areas in the game)

In the process of revising this set, the "beat stage 5" achievement would get fixed, so people stop asking me how to get it, and this would also resolve the few tickets that have been opened for this game.

jared6502
Posted: 14 Jun, 2019 23:28
I don't know the exact intent the original developer had in mind for their achievements, but this seems to be how they were meant to work:

-level 1 - get out of detention and exit the school building
-level 2 - navigate to the manhole in the schoolyard that takes you to the sewer
-level 3 - reach the manhole at the other end of the sewer that leads to the park
-level 4 - find your way to the park exit
-level 5 - cross through peoples' yards to get to Burger World
-level 6 - deliver the ordered food to the karate school
-level 7 - get the oil from the hardware store for Todd's burnouts
-finish the game - go to the police station and break Todd out of jail

I think that covers all the major events of the game that advance the plot.

jared6502
Posted: 19 Jun, 2019 20:08
One other thing I will be doing is checking all of the achievements to make sure there are no issues with passwords allowing people to unlock achievements by simply backtracking by one screen.

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account