Legend of Zelda, The: Link's Awakening DX

Page: 1 2 >
AuthorMessage

Mutawarrior
Posted: 16 Sep, 2015 09:00
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 16 Sep, 2015 10:00 by

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+Legend+of+Zelda,+The:+Link''s+Awakening+DX+
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+Legend+of+Zelda,+The:+Link''s+Awakening+DX+
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+Legend+of+Zelda,+The:+Link''s+Awakening+DX+

Mutawarrior
Posted: 16 Sep, 2015 10:56
Last Edit: 16 Sep, 2015 11:11
I have ideas for some achievements for the DX version of Link's Awakening. Since a lot of them would be the same as the original Game Boy version, I'll start out with a list of achievements the original version has that I think should be dropped for the DX version because they don't pertain to any big accomplishments or milestones in the game:

Achievements for the original Link's Awakening that should be dropped for the DX version:

1. My Shield (5)
2. My Sword (5)

Later on in this post, I suggest combining these together as one achievement called Armed & Ready (would trigger once the player acquires both the sword & shield) that would be worth 5 points. Therefore 10 points would be saved.

3. A Shell of Secrets (5)

Having an achievement for 1 shell is a waste of points in my opinion. We save another 5 points here for a total of 15 so far.

4. I Have Half a Heart (5)

There's no point in having 2 achievements for heart containers. Awaken My Heart, which is for obtaining all 14 hearts in the life meter should suffice. So here we save another 5 points for a total of 20 points so far.

5. First Rupees (5)
6. Rupee Wallet (5)

Having achievements for getting 20 & 250 rupees is a waste in my opinion and these points could go for much more meaningful achievements. If any rupee achievement should be kept it's Rupee Amasser but even that one I think should be sacrificed if points are needed. So here we'd save another 10 points for a total of 30 points saved from cutting out needless achievements that the original version of the game currently has.

Achievements for the original Link's Awakening that should be changed for the DX version:

1. She Sells Seashells by the Sea Shore (10): Obtain the Level-2 Sword after collecting all 26 Secret Seashells

Instead of triggering when the player gets only 20 seashells & the Level-2 Sword, this achievement would trigger only when the player gets the Level-2 sword after acquiring all 26 seashells in the game. I felt that this should have been added to the original version of the game and this would be an excellent time to finally make a 26 shell achievement.

2. Music Man (15)

The only thing I suggest changing for this is the point value to 10 points, which would save 5 more points for a total of 35 points saved after the elimination of achievements from the above section.

3. Washed Up Returner (10)

The only thing I suggest changing for this is the point value to 5 points, which would save 5 more points for a total of 40 points saved up to this point.

4. Awaken My Heart (15)

The only thing I suggest changing for this is the point value to 10 points to match the one for collecting all 26 shells. This would save 5 more points for a total of 45 points saved up to this point.

5. Bested Moldorm (20)
6. Bested Genie (20)
7. Bested Slime Eye (20)
8. Bested Angler Fish (20)
9. Bested Slime Eel (20)
10. Bested Facade (20)
11. Bested Evil Eagle (20)
12. Bested Hot Head (20)

The only thing I suggest changing for the Bested achievements of the 8 dungeon bosses is the point value to 10 points each. This would save 80 more points for a total of 125 points total for brand new achievements.

Brand new achievements exclusive to the DX version of Link's Awakening:

1. Armed & Ready (5): Get both the Level-1 sword & shield

This is the merging of My Sword & My Shield into one 5-point achievement and replaces those 2.

2. Willing Accomplice (5): Get the version of Photo #1 in The Travels of Link Photo Album by agreeing to have your photo taken

3. Dragged Kicking & Screaming (5): Get the version of Photo #1 in The Travels of Link Photo Album by consistently refusing to have your photo taken (this is the version where Link is beaten up in the photo)

4. Beach Date With Marin (5): Get Photo #2 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

5. Marin's Got A Crush (5): Get Photo #3 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

6. Weathercock-Blocked (5): Get Photo #4 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

7. Talking All Night (5): Get Photo #5 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

8. Bow-Oww!! (5): Get Photo #6 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

9. Smooth Criminal (5): Get Photo #7 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

10. Man Overboard (5): Get Photo #8 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

11. Keep Your Enemies Close (5): Get Photo #9 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

12. Frog, Prince & Hero (5): Get Photo #10 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

13. Coast To Ghost (5): Get Photo #11 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

14. Dead-icated Photographer (5): Get Photo #12 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

15. Bested Evil Orb (10): Defeat Evil Orb (boss of the Color Dungeon) without being harmed

16. Blue Armor (10): Acquire the Blue Armor from the Great Fairy in the Color Dungeon

17. Red Armor (10): Acquire the Red Armor from the Great Fairy in the Color Dungeon

18. Can You Dig It? (5): Get the shovel from the Mabe Item shop (buy or steal)

19. Don't Take a Bow (5): Buy the Bow from the Mabe Item shop for 980 rupees (no stealing)

Have this achievement verify the deduction of 980 rupees from the player's rupee total so that it doesn't trigger if the player steals it.

20. Shop Till You Drop (5): Return to the Mabe Item shop after having stolen an item

21. Honest Hero (5): Beat the game without being renamed THIEF (without having stolen anything)

22. Fully Upgraded (5): Get all 3 Mad Batter upgrades in the game (for Magic Powder, Bombs, and Arrows)

There, so all these 22 achievements add up to the 125 points that are saved & can be added if my suggestions regarding achievements from the original version of the game that should be dropped for this version and those that should be changed for this version are followed.

Achievements for the original Link's Awakening that should be kept as-is for the DX version:

These 12 achievements should be kept like they were in the original GB version of the game in terms of what is needed to trigger them and their point values.

1. A Tail Cello (10)
2. Bottle Horn (10)
3. Cavern Bell (10)
4. Angler's Harp (10)
5. Catfish's Marimba (10)
6. Triangle Face (10)
7. Eagle Organ (10)
8. Turtle Drum (10)
9. It Was All a Dream (20)
10. A Dream Come True (25)
11. Bested Nightmare (25)
12. Rupee Amasser (10)

Mutawarrior
Posted: 16 Sep, 2015 11:39
Last Edit: 16 Sep, 2015 11:40
Here's a quick summary of what I'm suggesting in the above post for anyone who's interested in making the achievements exactly as I laid out to avoid reading that long post:

Drop/ignore the following achievements seen in the achievement set of the original GB version of Link's Awakening for the DX version's achievement set:

1. My Shield (5)
2. My Sword (5)
3. A Shell of Secrets (5)
4. I Have Half a Heart (5)
5. First Rupees (5)
6. Rupee Wallet (5)

Points Saved From Dropping/Ignoring Achievements in the achievement set of original GB Link's Awakening = 30

Change the point values and/or triggers of the following achievements seen in the achievement set of the original GB version of Link's Awakening for the DX version's achievement set:

1. She Sells Seashells by the Sea Shore (10): Obtain the Level-2 Sword after collecting all 26 Secret Seashells

Instead of triggering when the player gets only 20 seashells & the Level-2 Sword, this achievement would trigger only when the player gets the Level-2 sword after acquiring all 26 seashells in the game.

2. Music Man (15) -> Music Man (10)
3. Washed Up Returner (10) -> Washed Up Returner (5)
4. Awaken My Heart (15) -> Awaken My Heart (10)
5. Bested Moldorm (20) -> Bested Moldorm (10)
6. Bested Genie (20) -> Bested Genie (10)
7. Bested Slime Eye (20) -> Bested Slime Eye (10)
8. Bested Angler Fish (20) -> Bested Angler Fish (10)
9. Bested Slime Eel (20) -> Bested Slime Eel (10)
10. Bested Facade (20) -> Bested Facade (10)
11. Bested Evil Eagle (20) -> Bested Evil Eagle (10)
12. Bested Hot Head (20) -> Bested Hot Head (10)

Points Saved From Changing Point Values = 95
Total Points Saved From Dropping/Ignoring Achievements & Changing Point Values = 125

Add the following new achievements seen in to the DX version's achievement set:

1. Armed & Ready (5): Get both the Level-1 sword & shield

2. Willing Accomplice (5): Get the version of Photo #1 in The Travels of Link Photo Album by agreeing to have your photo taken

3. Dragged Kicking & Screaming (5): Get the version of Photo #1 in The Travels of Link Photo Album by consistently refusing to have your photo taken (this is the version where Link is beaten up in the photo)

4. Beach Date With Marin (5): Get Photo #2 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

5. Marin's Got A Crush (5): Get Photo #3 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

6. Weathercock-Blocked (5): Get Photo #4 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

7. Talking All Night (5): Get Photo #5 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

8. Bow-Oww!! (5): Get Photo #6 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

9. Smooth Criminal (5): Get Photo #7 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

10. Man Overboard (5): Get Photo #8 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

11. Keep Your Enemies Close (5): Get Photo #9 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

12. Frog, Prince & Hero (5): Get Photo #10 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

13. Coast To Ghost (5): Get Photo #11 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

14. Dead-icated Photographer (5): Get Photo #12 in The Travels of Link Photo Album

15. Bested Evil Orb (10): Defeat Evil Orb (boss of the Color Dungeon) without being harmed

16. Blue Armor (10): Acquire the Blue Armor from the Great Fairy in the Color Dungeon

17. Red Armor (10): Acquire the Red Armor from the Great Fairy in the Color Dungeon

18. Can You Dig It? (5): Get the shovel from the Mabe Item shop (buy or steal)

19. Don't Take a Bow (5): Buy the Bow from the Mabe Item shop for 980 rupees (no stealing)

20. Shop Till You Drop (5): Return to the Mabe Item shop after having stolen an item

21. Honest Hero (5): Beat the game without being renamed THIEF (without having stolen anything)

22. Fully Upgraded (5): Get all 3 Mad Batter upgrades in the game (for Magic Powder, Bombs, and Arrows)

Total Points Of New Achievements Suggested For The DX version of Link's Awakening = 125
Net Gain/Loss of Points With Respect to the achievement set of the original GB Link's Awakening = 0

Keep the point values and/or triggers of the following achievements seen in the achievement set of the original GB version of Link's Awakening as they were for the DX version's achievement set:

1. A Tail Cello (10)
2. Bottle Horn (10)
3. Cavern Bell (10)
4. Angler's Harp (10)
5. Catfish's Marimba (10)
6. Triangle Face (10)
7. Eagle Organ (10)
8. Turtle Drum (10)
9. It Was All a Dream (20)
10. A Dream Come True (25)
11. Bested Nightmare (25)
12. Rupee Amasser (10)

AntonyBlalock
Posted: 17 Jan, 2016 01:19
i see camera achievements have been added

zeldamaniak
Posted: 17 Jan, 2016 14:02
Two of them are broken : "complete the photo album" and "keep refusing to be photographed" triggered on the title screen when I turned on the emulator, whereas in my saved filed, none of the album were complete and I didn't get the "keep refusing..." picture

Salsa
Posted: 17 Jan, 2016 15:02
Last Edit: 17 Jan, 2016 15:04
I've uploaded them, but still didn't tested in 100%. But , they are now fixed, and should unlock properly right now.

Ryan914
Posted: 18 Jan, 2016 03:56
Last Edit: 18 Jan, 2016 05:58
Just some random ideas:

* Live Performance: Learn the Ballad of the Wind Fish at Animal Village (Can be done if you trade the honeycomb for the pineapple before speaking to Marin after Key Cavern)
The Flag for Marin is set when the Chef in the village talks about the Walrus

* You're not Getting Away!: Defeat Master Stalfos before he escapes (Can be done with Bomb arrows)
* Fried Chicken: Defeat Evil Eagle with the Magic Rod
* Overpowered: Get a Piece of Power while Link is equipped with both the L-2 Sword and Red Tunic
* Iron Wall: Get a Guardian Acorn while Link is equipped with the Blue Tunic and Mirror Shield
* Balanced Warrior: Get a Guardian Acorn while Link is equipped with the Red Tunic or a Piece of Power while Link is equipped with the Blue Tunic
* Dream Cartographer: Fill out the Overworld Map and acquire the Dungeon Map, Compass, and Stone Beak for each dungeon (Including the Color Dungeon)

Mutawarrior
Posted: 21 Apr, 2016 22:48
In case anyone is interested, I made some achievements that I'm leaving as unofficial for the file select screen easter eggs in the NA/EU & Japanese versions of this game:

popoki
Posted: 28 Jun, 2016 13:11
I definitely feel like ALL the Game Boy Printer photoshoots should be achievements on here. It's the only thing other than the color dungeon that makes this different form the GB original.... In fact, I'd just about say that stuff like the 'bested' boss achievements are redundant since it's literally the exact same game as LTTP otherwise and just Color Dungeon and photo achievements should even exist, and games like this should be locked to 100-200 points or something, but that's getting too complicated. I'd be happy with just the rest of the photos added to give us a reason to find them all since even as a guy who DID have a GB Printer as a kid the tiny black and white stickers it made were pretty lame :P

ahstro
Posted: 05 Jul, 2016 18:39
Last Edit: 05 Jul, 2016 23:35
I'd love for some easter egg achievements, like using magic powder on a Buzz Blob or hitting a Cuccoo until they start attacking you.

sonic89
Posted: 14 Aug, 2016 16:36
Last Edit: 14 Aug, 2016 23:30
Does anyone else have a problem with the "bested" achievements ? None of them trigger for me. Maybe because i'm using savestates?

Dexterspet
Posted: 14 Aug, 2016 23:30
Due to the nature of the achievement code and how savestates affect it, you can not use savestates on achievements such as that.

Deeluna
Posted: 28 Oct, 2016 00:37
Last Edit: 28 Oct, 2016 01:29
I think the most obvious achievement is missing, something to do with successfully stealing from the shop but it would have to have a snarky message like "They always go back to the scene" or something.

rafale63
Posted: 07 Dec, 2016 01:22
Why delete achievements ? There is nothing left ! :(

popoki
Posted: 07 Dec, 2016 01:27
Ok, wtf just happened to LA? Did someone just troll us or is someone revamping the set?
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account