Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 15 Jul, 2013 11:05 by

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Wolferhu
Posted: 15 Jul, 2013 11:08
I'm still not sure but maybe the value of the levels could be very different about the difficulty levels.
I'm playing now on hard and the achievements work on this difficulty but I'll check them later on other difficulties as well.

AngelPhenix
Posted: 13 Sep, 2016 22:32
There's problem with two achievements :( Could someone check this out.. ? I posted a comment on the page of the game

AngelPhenix
Posted: 16 Sep, 2016 21:48
Hey, me again, would just love for somebody to check this out. I would do it myself if I could ! :) Thanks !

Stronghammer22
Posted: 22 Feb, 2017 09:41
I know this is a long time since your post, but I had a look at the memory and it is just a disaster. When setting the difficulty, it goes 00-01-02. However, as soon as you select the difficulty, the memory begins changing rapidly rather than staying put. This means you can't just say "mem = 2" for example and be done with it. If I were able to find another value that is true only when selecting the difficulty, I might be able to make it work by setting a hit count and having it tied to the other number. As it is, I have made the achievement achievable, but very easily exploited.

The other idea I had was to ignore the difficulty select (00-01-02) and instead focus on what changes from difficulty to difficulty. The answer? The amount of enemies. Therefore, I was going to do "if mem (amount of enemies) = 55" Then that means the difficulty is on 2. The problem is, despite the end of level stats screen displaying the amount of enemies, I just can't find the value in memory. A lot of them seem impossible to find. Even very simple ones, such as the level time (where you know it is increasing, so just search for > every few seconds) does not work. Or the developer times where you can see the value. Nada.

If there is any interest, I'm happy to dedicate more time to it, to sort out a better solution. Disallowing pausing would be on the agenda too, since it is easy to level skip.

AngelPhenix
Posted: 19 May, 2017 22:57
It would be great if the two achievements could be debuged. I know some achievements popped at the wrong time but since I did it the "right way", It didn't felt wrong.
I would love to be able to complete it at 200% since I wanted to but I don't want somebody to spend time on a ROM for only one dedicated player :)

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account