CRC32 Checksum: 65DC1A7C

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+Gradius+III+
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+Gradius+III+
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+Gradius+III+

Salsa
Posted: 27 Jul, 2016 13:43
Last Edit: 27 Jul, 2016 13:48
Hey , it's impresive that you made all of these memory notes, but it only made achievement creation/debugging very much confusing. It's like trying to paint a picture using a set of 150 colours and tools, when you only need 15-20 of them. No matter if a 100% of these notes are valid or not, about 40% of them are potentially useless, and another 40% have similiar or the same purpose of 20% that actually will be used.
Not that I want to delete all of notes I won't be using or something. Such elboration is quite informative, and might give ideas for nice new achievements. Yet, I know from my achievement designing experience that notes should be as simple as possible, while still giving proper information (many notes here, are extensive but still forcing a third person to think what the creator had in mind, and that will be a hindrance in optional debugging). Code notes list should contains mostly the notes necessary to design achievements.
I'm only trying tell that extensive RAM address specification like this should be placed outside of the memory inspector system. The best way is posting a txt file in official forum topic like this. I know that some games have much more larger code note list, but these are usually RPGs, and other games using a lot of flag values with unique purpose.
Although I can hadle making achievements here, by creating my own, external, carry-on pallette of notes based on this list.

ENZYME1
Posted: 27 Jul, 2016 17:07
Agree on these points, the notes are like a tutorial for hacking and RA is not a hack rom site.

kdecks
Posted: 27 Jul, 2016 19:34
It was more of a study than anything really, I wanted to understand what was going on in the game so I could make good achievements. I agree that most of the notes are arbitrary, but you should be able to make use of some of them.

kdecks
Posted: 27 Jul, 2016 19:35
Noted, btw. I'll make sure to keep my notes clean in the future as I'm active on the site again. I have not been in Grad 3 since 2014.

kdecks
Posted: 27 Jul, 2016 19:47
also feel free to remove any notes that you feel are arbitrary. Most of them are. I'd do it, but I don't want to step on your toes while you work.

Salsa
Posted: 30 Jul, 2016 16:19
Last Edit: 30 Jul, 2016 16:46
No need for removing anything, I just overwrite the existing ones if it will be necessary. I'll copy all the addresses I need into a text file, and copy them from there. Sometimes I use them this way (mostly when there is a lot), or code notes page, because it's just more confortable and effective, as I have a view for multiple notes at the same time.
For the matter of debugging - all achievements probably will have my signature, and that means all reports will by in my inbox. And I'll handle them with no problem.

Salsa
Posted: 31 Jul, 2016 12:38
Last Edit: 31 Jul, 2016 12:46
As the basic Gradius III achievements are designed very poorly, I'm wondering if I won't be doing anything particulary wrong if I'll demote, and replace them all with ones with much better ones. I think there is already enough achievements, I redesigned changing absolutely everything, under a signature of someone who uploaded it in the first place. Everyone who will want to replay the game again for the new badges, will have to fly through the whole of it once more, nevertheless.

kdecks
Posted: 15 Nov, 2017 17:55
Added one leaderboard for each difficulty: Easy, Normal, Hard, Arcade.

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account