Forgot password?
login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 

Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds, The (Versions 1.1 & 1.0 only)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 >
AuthorMessage

Mutawarrior
Posted: 17 Jul, 2015 19:14
Last Edit: 11 Apr, 2018 15:10
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 17 Jul, 2015 20:14 by

1. Legend of Zelda, The - Parallel Worlds 1.1 (Unknown Source)
RA Checksum: f159d7946d81796e4f2c5b574a1da13a
CRC32 Checksum: C312742B

2. Legend of Zelda, The - Parallel Worlds v1.1 by Euclid&SePH (Hack).sfc
RA Checksum: f43ef6a5ff9b2e4922e76629a701b4dc
CRC32 Checksum: 26B7FE42

3. Legend of Zelda, The - Parallel Worlds (Hack).sfc
RA Checksum: faefb815590a2adc786ad1467558e3da
CRC32 Checksum: 26791EB5

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Mutawarrior
Posted: 17 Jul, 2015 19:18
If achievements are made for this, I highly recommend making them for version 1.1 of the original Parallel Worlds game as various bugs were fixed and at least one extra piece of heart (since there are more pieces beyond the 20 heart container maximum) were removed. Note that this is not the Parallel Remodel that was made later.

Note: the tile in Link's House in Parallel Worlds tells which version of the game a particular rom is.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 18 Jul, 2015 16:19
Last Edit: 18 Jul, 2015 16:22
Here are some achievements I suggest:

1. Achievement for getting the Level-1 sword & Level-1 shield from Link's fallen friend in the Guardhouse Prison.

2. Achievement for getting the tempered Level-2 sword from the Smithy at Lake Saria (Light World).

3. Achievement for getting the fairy-upgraded Level-3 sword in the Lake Ruins (Icy World).

4. Achievement for getting the Level-4 Master Sword from the Ancient Pyramid (Light World).

5. Achievement for getting the Lamp from the cave at Church Path in the First Quest.

6. Achievement for getting the 1st Bomb in the First Quest (can be found in one of the Kakariko houses).

7. Achievement for getting the Boomerang from the Cellar Passage between the Guardhouse & Church Passage in the First Quest (this is a missable item; if this is obtained then the Magical Boomerang can't be obtained later on in the same playthrough; getting the Magical Boomerang in the 1st playthrough & the blue Boomerang on a 2nd playthrough is recommended).

8. Achievement for buying the Zora Scale from King Zora in Cannon Oasis in the First Quest.

9. Achievement for getting the 1st Bottle from the merchant in the Misty Forest in the First Quest.

10. Achievement for getting the 2nd Bottle from the sleeping hobo Secret Meadow in the First Quest.

11. Achievement for getting the Net from the sick boy in the Light World's Kakariko Village in the First Quest.

12. Achievement for getting the Cane of Byrna from the Halls of Pain in the First Quest.

13. Achievement for getting the Magic Hammer from Nayru's Bay in the First Quest.

14. Achievement for getting the Pegasus Boots from Sahasrahla at the Hyrule Docks in the First Quest.

15. Achievement for getting the Goron Bracelet from Din's Catacombs in the First Quest.

16. Achievement for getting the Book of Mudora from the library in Kakariko Village (Light World) in the First Quest.

17. Achievement for getting the 1st Mushroom from the Guardhouse in the First Quest.

18. Achievement for getting the Magic Powder from the Potion Shop (Light World) in the First Quest.

19. Achievement for getting the Hookshot from Farore's Isle in the First Quest.

20. Achievement for getting the Moon Pearl by being transported to the Ice World by Draegor (automatically obtained) in the First Quest.

21. Achievement for getting the Ether Medallion from the cave at Hidden Ruins in the First Quest.

22. Achievement for getting the Hylian Shield from Merchant's Tent in the First Quest.

23. Achievement for getting the 3rd Bottle from the Church (Icy World) in the First Quest.

24. Achievement for getting the Bow from the hunter's cabin in Kakariko Village (Icy World) in the First Quest.

25. Achievement for getting the Magical Boomerang from the shed in the Snowy Forest in the First Quest (this can only be obtained if the regular Boomerang in the Light World Cellar Passage was not obtained; it's faster to get this one on a first playthrough & save the regular blue Boomerang for a 2nd playthrough).

26. Achievement for getting the Quake Medallion from the Icy World Wishing Well at Lake Ruins in the First Quest.

27. Achievement for getting the Ice Rod from Impa's Ways in the First Quest.

28. Achievement for getting the Mirror Shield from Nabooru's Hole in the First Quest.

29. Achievement for getting the Cane of Somaria from Darunia's Cavern in the First Quest.

30. Achievement for getting the Biggoron Bracelet from Rauru's Ruins in the First Quest.

31. Achievement for getting the Fire Rod from Saria's Gardens in the First Quest.

32. Achievement for getting the Blue Mail from Ruto's Fortress in the First Quest.

33. Achievement for getting the Magic Cape from Sheik's Hideout in the First Quest.

34. Achievement for getting the Red Mail from Sheik's Hideout in the First Quest.

35. Achievement for getting the Magic Mirror from the Icy World portion of Parallel Tower in the First Quest.

36. Achievement for getting the 4th Bottle from the island at Lake Saria in the First Quest.

37. Achievement for getting the Silver Arrows from the Light World portion of Parallel Tower in the First Quest.

38. Achievement for getting the Ocarina from the Light World portion of Parallel Tower in the First Quest.

39. Achievement for getting the 2nd Mushroom from the Hard Optional Puzzle of the Light World portion of Parallel Tower in the First Quest.

40. Achievement for getting the Bombos Medallion from the Light World Wishing Well at Lupo Quarry in the First Quest.

41. Achievement for getting the half (1/2) magic upgrade from the Mad Batter in the Lupo Quarry hole.

42. Achievement for getting the quarter (1/4) magic upgrade from the Icy World Wishing Well at Lake Ruins in the First Quest (must throw in the Ether Medallion to get).

43. Achievement for getting the Zora Sapphire from Nayru's Bay.

44. Achievement for getting the Goron Ruby from Din's Catacombs.

45. Achievement for getting the Kokiri Emerald (misspelled Kokori Emerald in this game) from the Icy World portion of Parallel Tower in the First Quest.

46. Achievement for getting the crystal from Impa's Ways in the First Quest.

47. Achievement for getting the crystal from Nabooru's Hole in the First Quest.

48. Achievement for getting the crystal from Darunia's Cavern in the First Quest.

49. Achievement for getting the crystal from Rauru's Ruins in the First Quest.

50. Achievement for getting the crystal from Saria's Gardens in the First Quest.

51. Achievement for getting the crystal from Ruto's Fortress in the First Quest.

52. Achievement for getting the crystal from Sheik's Hideout in the First Quest.

53. Achievement for getting the 99 Bombs capacity upgrade in the First Quest.

54. Achievement for getting the 99 Arrows capacity upgrade in the First Quest.

55. Achievement for getting all 9 Parallel Tower Keys (3 in the Light World, 3 in the Icy World & 3 in the Parallel Tower itself) in the First Quest.

56. Achievement for taking the proper path at Endless Beach (North, East, West, North) in the First Quest.

57. Achievement for taking the proper path in the Lost Woods in the Light World (South, North, East, South i.e. SNES) in the First Quest.

58. Achievement for getting all 20 & 1/4 (20.25) Heart Containers in the First Quest.

59. Achievement for getting 500 rupees in the First Quest.

60. Achievement for getting 1000 rupees in the First Quest.

61. Achievement for getting 2000 rupees in the First Quest.

62. Achievement for beating Mothula in Nayru's Bay in the First Quest.

63. Achievement for beating Moldorm in Din's Catacombs in the First Quest.

64. Achievement for beating Helmasaur King in Farore's Isle in the First Quest.

65. Achievement for beating Moldorm in Impa's Ways in the First Quest.

66. Achievement for beating Helmasaur King in Nabooru's Hole in the First Quest.

67. Achievement for beating Vitreous in Darunia's Cavern in the First Quest.

68. Achievement for beating Arrghus in Rauru's Ruins in the First Quest.

69. Achievement for beating Blind in Saria's Gardens in the First Quest.

70. Achievement for beating Mothula in Ruto's Fortress in the First Quest.

71. Achievement for beating Vitreous in Sheik's Hideout in the First Quest.

72. Achievement for beating Ganon in the First Quest.

73. Achievement for beating Trinexx in the Final Dungeon of the Second Quest.

74. Achievement for beating the First Quest.

75. Achievement for beating the Second Quest (enter TotT as the file name to do the Second Quest).

76. Achievement for getting all 7 Mysterious Tablets in each of the 7 Icy World dungeons.

77. Achievement for getting all Big Keys & Big Chest Keys in the game (there are Big Chest Keys in the Cellar/Church Passage area, Guardhouse, Nayru's Bay, Din's Catacombs, Farore's Isle, Impa's Ways, Nabooru's Hole, Darunia's Cavern, Rauru's Ruins, Saria's Gardens, Ruto's Fortress, Sheik's Hideout, and the Parallel Tower and Big Keys in the Guardhouse, Nayru's Bay, Din's Catacombs, Farore's Isle, Impa's Ways, Nabooru's Hole, Darunia's Cavern, Rauru's Ruins, Saria's Gardens, Ruto's Fortress, Sheik's Hideout, and the Parallel Tower)

78. Achievement for beating the First Quest without the Cane of Byrna (the cane makes this hard game a lot easier).

Mutawarrior
Posted: 31 Aug, 2015 19:34
If anyone plans to make some achievements for this game, PM me & I can help by making the badges for the achievements. I also know this game very well & can answer questions. One big thing I discovered while playing it is that throwing the green clothes/tunic in the fairy fountain/pond in the Ice/Snow World in the 2nd Quest causes the file to become the first quest, so don't do that if you want to beat the game in the 2nd quest.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 13 Sep, 2015 14:16
An achievement for getting the sword from the Guardhouse without dying & with only 3 hearts would be nice too.

HoundBlue
Posted: 19 Oct, 2015 11:33
Come on guys, do anybody can do some achievements for this game? D:

Mutawarrior
Posted: 26 Oct, 2015 23:02
Well as much as I want some for this game, it depends on those who know how to make achievements & if they have any interest and/or experience in Parallel Worlds. With the amount of trolly things the game throws at you, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a while if ever that this game is added. But I did post a lot of ideas in case that eventually happens.

zeldamaniak
Posted: 14 Nov, 2015 21:17
Last Edit: 15 Nov, 2015 02:47
I'd like a lot to be able to play Parallel Worlds on retro achievement ! If someone knows how to make achievements...

Mutawarrior
Posted: 15 Nov, 2015 02:53
Well plenty of people on the site know how to make them. It's just that for them to be made, there has to be someone who knows how to make them and is interested in this game and can get through it too since it's difficult for anyone playing on a first time playthrough.

I'd be willing to play the game on stream using save states & the memory address window open in conjunction with anyone who would like to make achievements to help get them done if there are those who would like to make achievements for this game but are not familiar with it. I don't know if that would help, but if it would, they can PM me and we can set up sessions for that.

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 15 Nov, 2015 04:12
You should look for LTTP memory addresses. Hacks of games usually end with the same (or close enough) RAM map...

Mutawarrior
Posted: 16 Nov, 2015 00:34
I wish I knew how to do that. Unfortunately I have no knowledge about programming or coding and last time I tried going over the tutorial, it didn't help. I would probably need extended one on one sessions with someone who can explain these things & even that might not help. I know someone who could have helped me with that, but unfortunately he got pissed off at people cheating & using movies to get free achievements and stopped making any more achievements.

SporyTike may decide to take on this game since he did Hard Awakening DX & may like working on other Zelda hacks. But that's just speculation on my end. Last time I heard from him, he was going to start working on For The Frog The Bell Tolls, but I haven't heard from him since about 2 months ago.

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 16 Nov, 2015 03:18
You just open LTTP and look at the memory inspector. What is says for the original game, it's likely the same for this hack. For example both have labeled bombs (I suppose its quantity) is located at 0xf343.

I've never played this hack, but lets say all rooms are changed. LTTP has 0x00b7 which is the indicator for Current/Last room (at least according to notes). It should likely also work as the indicator for the Current/Last room, just the values will represent something different...

As for how memory addresses are found, I know there are some tutorials here on this site. However I find the tools of the emulators that are used here lack a lot of functionality. I use TAS emulators for that purpose. You can find them here:
http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources.html

As for the tutorials on how to find memory addresses, you can look here:
http://tasvideos.org/MemorySearch.html
http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/RamSearch.html

Also, I would like to mention that PAR codes (for the SNES) are pretty much the same thing you'll find while using the Memory Inspector, the only difference is that they don't start with 7EXXXX. The reason for that is that before the memory used the bus value and block 7E/7F represented the RAM. Nowadays, newer emulators can manage the memory directly and hence why it doesn't need extra digits...

Mutawarrior
Posted: 15 Dec, 2015 21:27
Thanks for the links. I checked them out but am still clueless about the process because I don't even know the basics and what they are referring to.

Mutawarrior
Posted: 27 Jan, 2016 05:24
Well I was able to make a bunch of achievements by replicating a lot from the A Link to the Past set and by examining the addresses in the memory inspector. I'm not sure if they work properly but I'll try them out to test.

I wanted to also ask about something. If I want to make an achievement for beating the game without getting a certain item, would the ResetIf be used for that? I was able to identify the memory address for the item in question and the memory value is 1 when it is obtained. So would I have to add a requirement with ResetIf flagged on for when that item's memory address value is 1?

Also, I used the PauseIf function for for the requirements associated with maximizing bombs & arrows to 99. I did this because I want the player to maximize their bomb & arrow capacities thinking that once they are maximized, the PauseIf function will freeze those requirements as having been met in case later on arrow & bomb quantities drop below 99. So pretty much I did it to avoiding forcing the player to farm for bombs & arrows until they get back to a max of 99 of each. My question is, was my use of that function correct, i.e. is this the sort of thing that PauseIf function is meant for?

The achievement doesn't work because I don't have the knowledge of coding & whatever is needed to make it work. If one of the regulars here are interested & can fix it, I'd appreciate it.

I wanted to make the below listed achievements as well but I don't have the ability to do them, so if someone else who knows what they're doing & is interested wants to make them, I'd appreciate it:

1. Achievement for taking the proper path at Endless Beach (North, East, West, North) in the First Quest.

2. Achievement for taking the proper path in the Lost Woods in the Light World (South, North, East, South i.e. SNES) in the First Quest.

3. Achievement for beating Mothula in Nayru's Bay in the First Quest.

4. Achievement for beating Moldorm in Din's Catacombs in the First Quest.

5. Achievement for beating Helmasaur King in Farore's Isle in the First Quest.

6. Achievement for beating Moldorm in Impa's Ways in the First Quest.

7. Achievement for beating Helmasaur King in Nabooru's Hole in the First Quest.

8. Achievement for beating Vitreous in Darunia's Cavern in the First Quest.

9. Achievement for beating Arrghus in Rauru's Ruins in the First Quest.

10. Achievement for beating Blind in Saria's Gardens in the First Quest.

11. Achievement for beating Mothula in Ruto's Fortress in the First Quest.

12. Achievement for beating Vitreous in Sheik's Hideout in the First Quest.

13. Achievement for beating Ganon in the First Quest.

14. Achievement for beating Trinexx in the Final Dungeon of the Second Quest.

I have 2 more achievements I'll be working on once I test the ones I finished.

zeldamaniak
Posted: 27 Jan, 2016 06:37
Excellent ! Thanks a lot ! It's going to be fun ^^
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account