www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+Front+Mission+
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+Front+Mission+

mickyt888
Posted: 03 Jul, 2015 02:48
Eww no level or exp values I can find :(

Tolsyak
Posted: 16 Aug, 2015 11:27
Last Edit: 16 Aug, 2015 11:30
It seems that the game does not keep an XP value per character but keep an XP value per stats per character.

Plus, i think that for the game XP = stats points, and the level system is actually bonuses stats you gain when you reach a total stats threshold.

Also, when the game tells you that you earn an amount of xp, it lies to you a little.

I managed to track down Lloyd stats in memory (Fight,Short,Long and Agility) and here what happens :

1 - I counter-attack a enemy with a punch (Fight Wp), the game tells 9xp, but fight increase by 4 and agility by 5.
2 - Same situation but i use a raptor (short Wp), 9xp, +4 Short and +5 Agility
3 - Attack with missiles (Long Wp) : +6xp and +6 Long (No agility since there is no counter-attack)

As for the level, i wonder if the game store it or if it recompute it (Using the threshold thing) when it needs to display it, needs someone at higher level because 1 and 2 aren't easy values to track in memory :(.

Tolsyak
Posted: 17 Aug, 2015 20:43
Last Edit: 18 Aug, 2015 07:11
Okay i'm starting to get it down.

XP does equals stats points.

The game store the permanent XP values by stats as i thought, but as you gain XP, it does not immediately update it.
When a character goes into battle, he's loaded in another part of the memory and it's where he gain XP for his stats.
Only after the whole mission ends, the game update the permanent XP stats.

It's easy to see with colosseum battles, the copy part gain the XP immediately after the enemy is destroyed, but the permanent stats only get updated when you're back at the colosseum menu.

I think i also found the place where the game load each unit on the battlefield (it loads the player squad, but i'm not sure it's loading the enemy squad too).

Last thing i need to find is how to identify who is loaded where exactly and a way to track game progress.

Tolsyak
Posted: 19 Aug, 2015 20:13
Last Edit: 29 Aug, 2015 19:11
Finally found a way to track progress in-game :D.

Sadly, the adresses where the mechs are loaded in memory change in each battle, so trouble.

Achievements up to mission 2 uploaded, let me know if there is any trouble with it. I'll continue to upload achievements whenever my schedule will allow me to.

I'm not an english native speaker, so if something is a grammar mistake or anything wrong with achievements name or description, please tell me.

And if anyone got ideas on achievements to add, please feel free to share it ;).

Edit : Achievements up to Mission 5 up. i'm kind of busy irl but it should clear up next week and i'll be able to add more achievements in one go.

Telerophon
Posted: 18 Aug, 2016 09:24
Thanks so much for all of your hard work and creativity in hunting down and figuring out some of the memory addresses for use with achievements on this game, !

I don't want to step on your toes here, but if I am able to develop the skills to do so, I may do some more work on this set, including trying to develop some more achievements as well as making some editorial changes / corrections within the set or the game data when I come across things that could be improved.

(For what it's worth, I have an English degree on top of being a native speaker. It's a strange, ugly, beautiful language, and frankly you use it well. Most anything I'd be tweaking would be to make something more "natural" to the English-speaking ear, or more stylistically consistent in line with the way English is used in publication.)

Telerophon
Posted: 23 Aug, 2016 12:00
I've gone ahead and taken the liberty of cleaning up the existing achievements by putting the Achievement names in "Title Case", i.e. "The Larcus Incident" as opposed to the "The Larcus incident", as well as tweaking the descriptions to sound a little more natural.

I'm not going to make any more aggressive changes to the existing achievements unless I'm able to complete the set and they all need to match up a little better.

Thanks again, , , and everyone else who has worked on this game's resources so far!

mickyt888
Posted: 24 Aug, 2016 08:24
In fairness. I didn't do anything :P

Telerophon
Posted: 24 Aug, 2016 19:56
Well, you added a good deal of the dev notes, which is helpful for me since I suck at finding memory addresses. :P

BerserkerBR
Posted: 13 Jan, 2018 03:17
I hope someone finish the set for this game soon....

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account