User: 
Pass: 

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AuthorMessage

BillyGnosis
Posted: 28 Jan, 2018 20:52
Last Edit: 28 Jan, 2018 23:44
I don't really liked the new achievements. I agree that they need to be in a bonus set.

ColonD
Posted: 29 Jan, 2018 12:33
Can you tell me why you do not like them?

BillyGnosis
Posted: 29 Jan, 2018 21:04
My problem is specifically with the King Fortress Zone and Aquaphobia Ruin Zone achievements.
If I do something wrong trying to get them, I have to reset the game and play again to reach the stages.

kdecks
Posted: 29 Jan, 2018 21:34
There's a stage select code for Sonic 2. Perhaps that can be allowed for some achievements that require this kind of replay.

ColonD
Posted: 29 Jan, 2018 23:58
Stage select is already allowed for those achievements, it's allowed and recommended for pretty much every achievement. The game does not need to be reset to reach those stages. In the description I have wrote "Reset to menu" which might be misleading, I wrote that meaning that if you die you need to Pause, press A and select the level again from level select (which takes about 5 seconds?). If I could remove the need to do that I would.
If anyone can think of a clearer way of telling the player this than "Reset to menu", then please let me know.

BillyGnosis
Posted: 30 Jan, 2018 04:18
Oh, I understand now, thanks for the tips.

mallex
Posted: 30 Jan, 2018 16:15
Last Edit: 30 Jan, 2018 16:15
Sorry for the negativity before, with the explanation you just provided regarding level select for level specific cheevos and trying out and earning the harder achievements right now I do feel like these have a good place in the standard set. The only thing bothering me is that I can't seem to find where the invisibility is in chemical plant act two, but seeing as 8 people earned the achievement I guess i gotta keep looking!

ColonD
Posted: 30 Jan, 2018 18:08
No problem, good luck finding that invincibility, it's very well hidden (which is why I added the achievement).

ColonD
Posted: 31 Jan, 2018 12:01
has hopefully had a bug related to it fixed. There was no ResetIf when the player reset to menu, meaning they could beat Act 01 twice in a row and get the achievement. A ResetIf has now been added when the player resets to menu.

ColonD
Posted: 10 Feb, 2018 17:33
and had issues. I'm still not 100% sure what caused it, but sometimes the level counter wouldn't increment, I'd assume this happens if the emulator lags, but I am unable to reproduce this. I have now removed this counter, the other conditions should work just fine.

ColonD
Posted: 10 Feb, 2018 18:37
Last Edit: 10 Feb, 2018 20:15
Hmm, I just completed in RetroArch but I didn't unlock it, I am going to try and achieve it again tomorrow but in RAGens, I do not see any reason why it shouldn't have unlocked for me. I'll post back here when/if I unlock it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I remember when I first signed up for this website, I don't think any of the achievements in this game worked in RetroArch, at least not with the core I used. I wish I had remembered that. There should not be any problems with the achievement thankfully, but I will attempt to unlock it again anyway.

Last Edit: Not related, but I was playing through the game there, making good progress and the game crashed when I killed the Rexon enemy in Hill Top Zone, I'd heard about the Rexon Crash before but I'd never actually experienced it. Neat.

Thirnova
Posted: 11 Feb, 2018 18:36
Love the Aqua no ring achievement personally, turned a zone I normally fly through into something exciting...except it didn't unlock with tails. I'll try again as Sonic later.

On a similar note, unlocking/reaching Wing Fortress achievement didn't pop for me today. Probably another 'was playing as Tails' issue.

ColonD
Posted: 12 Feb, 2018 21:09
Huh, I don't think that playing as Tails would make any difference, but I'll look into it for you, I didn't program the Reach Wing Fortress achievement but I'll look at that as well.
I'm all tired out of Sonic 2 for today, 2 days ago I unlocked Zero Deaths on my first attempt but I was using a Retroarch core that doesn't work with Sonic 2, (Picodrive works, Genesis Plus GX does not), so that was a bummer, anyway I redid it today and I was very impatient and kept dying too early (died to Chemical Plant Boss about 6 times because tails would hit the boss before me and I would plunge to my death, I disabled tails after the 6th time), I died by being crushed in a lot of stupid places that I've never been crushed before, but I got it, and I'll be able to test the achievements with tails sometime soon.

mallex
Posted: 12 Feb, 2018 22:58
Huh, you sure it's a core issue? Cause I'm sure I used the Genesis Plus GX core with RA to unlock the zero deaths achievement with no issues.

JAM
Posted: 13 Feb, 2018 00:09
Last Edit: 13 Feb, 2018 00:10
Why there are just 3 "perfect" cheevos? Few stages have forks or point of no return but what about Angel Island Act 2, Hill Top Zone, Mystic Cave Zone, Wing Fortress Zone?
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account