login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5
AuthorMessage

ColonD
Posted: 13 Feb, 2018 12:22
@mallex, it definately doesn't work for me but it might do for you, I remember signing up to this website last year and not having achievements work for Sonic 2. It might be an issue with my PC that I do not know about though.

@JAM I didn't originally create the perfect cheevos, but I could have added more but I did not want to bloat the set too much, and I feel that if you can get one of the perfect achievements than you can get them all, they would be quite similar. If I were to ever make a ~Bonus~ set for the game then I would add achievements for perfecting each act where possible, but I am not likely to do that anytime soon.

ColonD
Posted: 13 Feb, 2018 18:17
, I'm looking at the conditions for achievement to unlock, the only conditions are that: You are in Wing Fortress Zone, you haven't used Level Select, and you haven't used Debug Mode. If all those conditions are true the achievement should unlock, regardless of character. I unlocked that achievement playing as Tails.
Also there should not be a problem with , I see that you have unlocked it now but the conditions are the exact same for Tails and seem to work with Tails:

Thirnova
Posted: 14 Feb, 2018 03:29
My apologies, I meant the zero ring one for Aqua. Which I certainly use the level select for.

Haven't gone back as Sonic for Wing Fort yet. Using Gens emulator and Tails might have had all emeralds that run, if that helps. Maybe I left the game paused for a while and the computer going idle can screw achievements up? Or maybe my internet went down momentarily causing disconnection from RA? I'm just taking wild guesses.

Thanks for having taken the time to check regardless

ColonD
Posted: 14 Feb, 2018 11:54
Last Edit: 14 Feb, 2018 11:54
Ah, I just noticed there that you said the no ring one, but I checked the no water one, my mistake. Looking at the conditions for no rings achievement, you need to beat Chemical Plant Zone Act 2 before attempting the achievement, and if you fail you must replay from Chemical Plant Zone Act 2. That's annoying, but I am afraid to touch any of the original achievements incase I mess anything up, although if I do ever alter it then I would change the condition that checks for Chemical Plant Zone Act 2 to checking if you have been on the main menu (which is how I do all the other achievements that have "Reset from Menu" in there descriptions.)
I still don't know what is up with Wing Fortress though, but don't feel the need to play as Sonic if you don't want to, I'm 95% sure it makes no difference.
Page: < 1 2 3 4 5

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account