- Buys all battlemaps
- Get 50, 100, 200, 500 coins
- Wins all Divisions maps
- Get 100% Ranks
- Use Co-power all characters
EDITs
- Wons battles all missions as Advance Campaigns
- Wons battles all missions with S Ranks as Advance Campaigns

This games have 60 cheevos or more, any suggestions or opinions?

StingX2
Posted: 13 Aug, 2014 11:57
None but been holding off on playing this until the achievements appeared so very excited!

Scott
Posted: 13 Aug, 2014 12:27
Nice work ! I can't wait to give these a go, this is one of my favourites :D

Ueki420
Posted: 13 Aug, 2014 18:41
Last Edit: 13 Aug, 2014 19:19
I am SOOOOO looking forward to this! Do you have achievements for taking certain paths? Like when you have choices between C.O.s or being able to go on one of the secret missions? I'm also hoping to try and poke at you to also please do Advance Wars 2! I'm new to site and have not yet tried to make achievements but Advance Wars 1 and 2 were the first games I thought of that I didn't see a list for. If I can assist you in anyway please PM me. Thank you for your hard work towards Advance Wars I am excited to play it whenever you have finished :)

Nomstuff
Posted: 13 Aug, 2014 19:26
I love this game.

Pereira006
Posted: 13 Aug, 2014 21:19
You have choose C.O.s because there lot missions, full is 21, some people finish game are 20 or 19... this made me little confuse lol
Also I will do Advance Wars 2 after 1 year or less.
Trying make achievements in GBA is very hard than other emulador, you can pratice GBC or NEs is easy make achievements.

- Complete Fields trainings -> DONE
- Get all A ranks the Fields Trainings -> DONE

20% to finish cheevos

Pereira006
Posted: 14 Aug, 2014 06:22
Everthing done!!!!!

91 cheevos, 400 points, enjoy!
bug or something bad, pls report

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 22 Aug, 2015 02:20
I've reported a few of them. I'm positive I should have all by now, but many did not got unlocked.

Most noticeable are:

Legendary General - Wins all War rooms with 999 points.
It compares a value of 0xCF07 which is 52999. It should compare to 0x03E7 which is 999...

Meteor Strike - Use Power as Sturm.
It assumes that you use the Sturm of the Campaign, while he can only be played in Vs mode which uses different status (hence a "different" CO).

Beat X Campaign.
I believe that due to all the paths you can take, it compares to values that may not correspond. There's an address which contains the name that you could use instead (0x021F1A)

Finally Over - Beat game as Advance Campaign
Haven't look at it, but it's likely the same issue as above (uses address 0x004313, which may not have the value expected, should probably use 0x021F1A instead). I have unlocked Nell, which means I do have beaten hard campaign...

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 06 Feb, 2016 02:19
Last Edit: 06 Feb, 2016 02:43
Looking into the memory addresses I found something peculiar. It seems that your name's length depends on the character's width or up to 12 characters max. However, if you edit the memory addresses you can overcome this limit. This is because it'll read the string until it reaches an escape character (00 in this case or better known as NULL).

What's more interesting is that if you start a clean game, you can see that the default name is "Advance", however the moment you enter the naming screen, the "A" changes to "" (Null), therefore making it to not display the name.

This works the same for the map's name, which with the current tools I can't use because after the "00", it keeps the garbage of longer map games (unless I want to display that too...)

On other news, as you can guess I'll be working on fixing/redoing the achievements for this game...

SlimKirby
Posted: 06 Feb, 2016 03:57
Thank you....really don't like how this one is so broken. X_X

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 13 Feb, 2016 02:40
I was hoping the memory addresses would be similar to its sequel, which are not quite (some are, some others aren't). So I been having more trouble finding useful addresses this time... I've updated my Codes file with the latest info.

Also I wanted to mention the achievements I have in mind:

First of all, 3 out of 4 of the "filler" achievements happen again in this game (placing something you can't in design map for over 50 times, displaying Nintendo's secret map & trying to deploy +50 units). I'm considering them, but probably leave them out this time. The only one that doesn't exist is when you run out of gas (AFAIK)...

There's also several Field Training missions where if you excel you get different messages. I haven't found the address where the dialogue is tracked, but hopefully I'll eventually find it. The levels I have in mind are: Win by route in Copter Tactics (normally you aim for HQ capture), Win in 4 days Air Defense, Win in 2 days Dogfights. For spoilers, you can visit the following link

I'll leave the CO power achievements, just fixing where it needs & adjusting points if needed.

Not sure how to split the Campaign Mode. There are several maps that can be skipped but usually this means that if you go for those, you'll get a different CO for the last battle. I was thinking that maybe creating an achievement per land (freeing OS, BM, YC, GE & beating the game). Then also add achievements for beating each secret mission, including Rivals. Maybe also achievements by score (beating Campaign, getting A or higher, getting S rank)...

For War Room (and other gold titles) I'll go for what's needed:
Records: Complete all 20 war room maps, regardless of rank.
Stats: Get both rank and records gold, and this'll turn gold too. (<-- This one isn't needed as is a combination of the above)
Field Training: Get an A-Rank in all 14 training missions.
Campaign: Complete the Advance Campaign, regardless of rank.
War Room: Get an S-Rank in all 20 war room maps.
Battle Maps: You have to unlock and buy every CO, and buy all the maps.

Design Maps, Vs. Mode, and the Multiplayer menu cannot be turned gold.

Note: I'm considering if creating an achievement for each time you get a medal (depends on rank) is worth or not. This depends on the experience (coins) you get throughout the course of the game, so it would be one of the progress achievements...

Any suggestions/ideas/complains are welcomed. I still need to find several addresses, so it'll be a while until I can tackle this one.

HippopotamusRex
Posted: 13 Feb, 2016 04:32
I know some of the routes in campaign mode won't trigger.

I got to a map with Sami at some point that just would not trigger the achievement. It was the first Drake battle, where you get to choose Andy, Max or Sami. I suppose based on the route I took to get there, no matter what I did, winning with Sami didn't trigger it.
Page: 1 2 3 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account