final fantasy vi advance (usa).bin
RA Checksum: d1c3d1798a3f347fbab41f151c99dece
CRC32 Checksum: D708F5AB

2. Final Fantasy VI Advance (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).gba
Final Fantasy VI Advance (E) (M6).gba
final fantasy vi advance (europe) (en,fr,de,es,it).bin
RA Checksum: 7f6bf3b4d84f113aa454136e5b53fd77
CRC32 Checksum: D15DEBA5

3. Final Fantasy VI Advance - Sound Restoration v1.1 & Color Restoration 1.0 (Hack).gba
RA Checksum: 7a489f26dd01f4dc701630260e6d20a5
CRC32 Checksum: 1CD17A6C

4. Final Fantasy VI Advance (U) [I-BR T-Varios G-Po.B.R.E. V-1.0 P-100% A-2011].gba
RA Checksum: 3187bd78629430255c038aaf07da315c
CRC32 Checksum: 16928ABF

5. Final Fantasy VI Advance (U) [T+Rus_dema].gba
RA Checksum: 9c06ccfd253eb4530e023ec3b97e4073
CRC32 Checksum: 77F21DBF

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

renarticho
Posted: 16 Aug, 2015 15:47
Last Edit: 17 Aug, 2015 05:38
I'd love to see this game on the list !
I've always wanted to take a look at the GBA version,
it could be the perfect timing !
If someone is brave enough to program it.

KidBenji
Posted: 18 Aug, 2015 07:27
I tried to create some achievements, and I think I can make simple ones (Boss, items, characters, levels). I will try to create more complex achievements, so if you have some ideas, or if you want to help, tell me!

PS: I use the (E) version. And I'm french, so I'm sorry if my English isn't very good :s

Tylano
Posted: 10 Nov, 2015 17:31
Je crois que ce jeu est en cours de développemment, si j'ai bien lu sur l'accueil.

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 10 Nov, 2015 19:25
I'm not really developing achievements for this game, I was just mapping all the memory addresses I have: FFVI Advance

belyzelien
Posted: 10 Feb, 2016 21:40
Please, please, PLEASE : if this game got achievements, use a ROM (UE).
The ROM (UE) have all languages for everybody !
Not just english in the world... (especially the ROM (UE) have english, so everyone can enjoy this game in his own language)

FreezyNinja
Posted: 29 Aug, 2016 04:29
Last Edit: 29 Aug, 2016 04:31
Have you had any luck with making basic achievements? I personally would be fine if you or someone else did the RA equivalent of Copy-Pasting the achievements from the SNES version. I have no bloody idea how to even start to make an achievement or I'd try my hand at it. Is there a program or something I have to use for making achievements?

SyrianBallaS
Posted: 29 Aug, 2016 05:01
Last Edit: 29 Aug, 2016 05:09
@FreezyNinja
It is pretty tough, I don't even know people can pinpoint memory addresses without a debugger. Unless if I'm missing something. You can make achievements right in the emulator, I think there's an "achievement editor". If you want to take a crack at it w/o causing problems, make them unofficial first and see if they work.

Edit: I see how they do it, I used similar things before while debugging heap corruption except I could set breakpoints. If you know how to use Cheat Engine (I don't, I'd just use it to speed up pokemon fangames) this is basically the same thing.

MGNS8M
Posted: 29 Aug, 2016 15:26
I don't know if it's been said or not, but for FreezyNinja, the RA_emulators have the tools included in them to make/get achievements. It sounds like SamuraiGoroh's already mapped most if not all of the needed addresses, but I haven't seen what they look like.

If you do need to find things, you usually do some logical processes-of-elimination in "Memory Inspector" by guessing what is changing and WHEN it changes, then gradually eliminating the addresses don't have anything to do what you're looking for(hopefully) and change things in the game until you do filter out the ones you want. (For instance, you can usually find XY coordinates easily by staying in place, filter by ==, then walk left and filter by <(as long as map coordinates go down walking left) stay in place and filter by ==, walk right and filter by >, etc etc... usually you end up with the only address that changed the way you expected and then you can make a Code Note for it so it'll be easily accessible, as long as it's something you want.

After that, it's a human-matter of analyzing the whole layout of the game, picking out which parts are the MAIN things that you want to award points for, thinking of some interesting/clever/funny/etc things to give more character to the set(IF you're able to find them in memory anyway), make an achievement, then fill each achievement with "Requirements" that watch for multiple addresses to have the desired value at the correct time(and possibly ResetIf it's NOT the right time so things don't pop at the wrong time).

It can be a lengthy process, especially for a huge game like an RPG, or possibly a game/system where values swap out repeatedly for no reason and making address-hunting difficult or make addresses unreliable if they change unexpectedly. Sometimes GBA can be finicky for that matter, but in some ways it's better than NES which makes its RAM become just about every value possible for a split second, which can cause some not-so-well-made(my early) achievements to immediately pop on start-up. But it can be fun.

As far as copy+paste goes, probably not a great idea. Potentially, you could load up the SNES game, grab the TXT file from your RACache, and rename it to the game-ID for the Local Achievements name, but it would mean all the addresses in the achievements would be wrong, so all of them would need to be tweaked. The GBA version may also behave completely different. The most it would do is at least create the skeletal-frame as far as text and descriptions go, but pretty much need to be fully reworked anyway. And typically you want to find something at least a little bit unique for the GBA version than just be the same thing as the SNES version. Some might even find it a problem if you took their text and re-used it as yours, who knows(maybe not, but you never know).

Anyway, as long as you open up Achievement Sets and click "Local Achievements" you can make your own test-achievements without any problem, and could hopefully be a fun learning experience even if you don't do anything. Just read some tutorials and ask around in chat and you should be able to do something...as long as the memory plays fair and doesn't do stupid stuff.

Madrugs
Posted: 17 Mar, 2019 13:14
Last Edit: 17 Mar, 2019 22:43
Hey guys! You may not know me but I am creating achievements for ff 6 adv :)
thank you so much for the doc, it speeds up the process a loooooooooooottttttttttt.

I can work in this project only on sunday, please don't expect nothing so soon. By now I have 3 achievements ready:

"Her name is ..." (set any name for terra)
"Who stored it in here" (Hidden elixir in the clock) I got this one from ff vi snes (I really enjoyed this one and was kind of challenge )
"A journey begins" (when leave narshe to world map)

I would like and Intend to create achievements for 3 situation:

Story based: I think about organizing the game by chapters , where chapters would be the most iconics momments . The problem is the game has lots of great moments that deserve achievements and if an achievements is created for every one of theses we would end with achievements poping up every few minutes (this game is great *-*). So feel free to post any ideia of what are the most iconic moments

hidden contents: Itens. espers, scenes, places . Anything that isn't acessible by main story

Grinding: lv99 and so on (I don't know if it a good ideia )

So guys thats it :)

SocializingMogo
Posted: 31 May, 2019 16:54
Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2019 20:16
So there are already newer (and improved) versions of the Sound and Color restoration patches. How can I get them added to retroachievements?

EDIT
Checksum for EU version would be bc20372bfc03922d3da387253800ab30 (this version contains Color Restoration & sound restoration 2.1 with orchestra).

kdecks
Posted: 06 Jun, 2019 11:00
This set reservation has expired and is open for development.

OmegaVideoGameGod
Posted: 06 Jun, 2019 12:07
:DDDDDDDDD

SocializingMogo
Posted: 06 Jun, 2019 12:20
I have to admit that I don't know at all what that means and how to proceed from here.

MrGauss
Posted: 12 Jul, 2019 09:46
Last Edit: 12 Jul, 2019 19:34
I would like to announce this set is back into development.

It is true that the project had some previous hardships as I wasn't able to work on it because of time restrictions and the JrDev responsible for the development in my absence abandoned it but now I have some free time and will finish this project.

The main adresses are already mapped and story related cheevos are already in development.

I will post the set details in the coming days but the general structure will be something like this:

1. General, unmissable story related cheevos.

2. Missable story related cheevos regarding secret content, easter eggs, special key items and extra cutscenes.

3. Cheevos for finding every treasure chest in each area and acquiring secret chest items when not opening the treasure in the first opportunity.

4. Cheevos for acquiring every esper.

5. Cheevos for stealing exclusive equipment and mastering the Colosseum.

6. Cheevos for character progression such as reaching level 50, acquiring key spells and learning all specific skills (Gau's Rages will be up to debate).

7. Mastery of extra content such as the extra dungeon and 100% bestiary.

In essence, the set will be a road for a perfect file and will be greatly benefited by the new point distribution standards.

Of course, this is what I currently have in mind and any contribution will be greatly appreciated and discussed.

In the time being, I would like to recommend the set of Lufia 2. The game is a gem, is now fully compatible with the Frue Lufia retranslation pack and now has an entirely Bonus Set completely dedicated to the Ancient Cave. I promise it will be worth all your efforts :)

Page: 1 2 3 >

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account