Created 07 Jun, 2015 13:39 by

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

Arcaderama
Posted: 11 Feb, 2017 02:12
Last Edit: 20 Feb, 2017 14:19
I gonna add more achievements for complete this set.

Top Gear (USA) "courtesy of emuparadise"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Current ROM MD5: 916698cfbd249b9da003f3409b103396
-----------------------------------------------------------------

__/ Trivia \______________________________________________

The music in Top Gear mostly consists of remixed tracks from the Lotus series of racing games on the Amiga (Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Lotus Turbo Challenge 2) produced by music composer Barry Leitch (Sound Cloud).

--------------------
- OST TOP GEAR -
--------------------

--------
- Cars -
--------

Red car (Cannibal) based on Ferrari 512 TR Testarossa from 1991
White car (Sidewinder) based on Ferrari 288 GTO from 1985
Purple car (Razor) based on Honda NSX
Blue car (Weasel) based on Porshe 959

PabloTMF
Posted: 12 Feb, 2017 22:14
I almost start make new achievements right now, luck that i saw this post. Thx Arcaderama .

Arcaderama
Posted: 14 Feb, 2017 23:39
Last Edit: 17 Feb, 2017 21:56
After talking with others devs I decided to rework all cheevos of this set instead of just dumping new ones to preserve the max of points of those who already own them.

Here the register of them before beginning the work (10 were made by may/feb, 2013 and 2 by around Oct, 2013)

Arcaderama
Posted: 16 Feb, 2017 13:45
Last Edit: 21 Feb, 2017 05:48
The is done! Now the set has 46 achievements.

=================
Notes about the rework
=================

Winner ->

Racer King ->

The strategist ->

Victory ->

Victory II ->

All cheevos "reached the level" become "Win the race by finishing in 1st place".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* On Feb 15, 2017 there was a major bugfix some cheevos were popping incorrectly

** On Feb 21, 2017 I added one more achievement! Thanks for suggestion

PabloTMF
Posted: 20 Feb, 2017 18:12
Last Edit: 20 Feb, 2017 18:13
Hi, thx for replying. I saying to finish the game in championship level(Difficulty) without using nitrous. I always play this way and I think is entertaining. Some races is impossible to win, maybe some countries, but i know the last country England you can reach 1st in table without using nitrous. I'd like a achievement that you have to qualify to every country and finish the game in championship level without using nitrous. If you want put to win the last country is needed, you choose.

Arcaderama
Posted: 20 Feb, 2017 22:38
Last Edit: 20 Feb, 2017 22:48
heya!

I even thought about creating, I was kind of upset to do it because had created achievements with nitro on .

But the last race is so lame! What you think about choosing just a hard track to win without using nitro, where even the white car needs to refuel. I thought a good name for this "Like a Formula One".

- Without nitro checked;
- Need use the Pitstop checked;
- A long race checked.

Possible candidate locations:

* London
* Tokyo
* Kyoto
* Rome
* Nice
* Munich

* I'm not sure if it's possible to win without using nitro with all the cars.

PabloTMF
Posted: 20 Feb, 2017 23:38
Last Edit: 20 Feb, 2017 23:40
Then you'll have to make a study before make the achievement,, the opponents are to fast in Hard.
I always play with red car and it's tough. London i think it's only possible with Red Car.

I think it's not possible win with every car, but i can be wrong. Only testing to know.

Arcaderama
Posted: 21 Feb, 2017 01:26
Last Edit: 21 Feb, 2017 05:28
Yes, I need to check this out, but if I remember correctly, it's completely possible!

I really like the idea because It reminds me Formula One, I prefer a location that can be password-accessible like London, so the player can easily try again if he fails to win. It's no big deal to implement because only 2 players completing the new set, it's ok to push another challenge!

Updated Feb 21, 2017

I tested London it's possible to win with all the cars, some need more attention just have to plan well the pits, make tight maneuver around curves and use the kerbs carefully.

Updated 2

Done!

I think this name is much better!

PabloTMF
Posted: 21 Feb, 2017 23:29
Cool, I'm happy that you can win with all cars, makes the game more fun. Next time that i play Top Gear i'll try.

Do you will do achievements with others cities that you were thinking?

Arcaderama
Posted: 22 Feb, 2017 01:49
Last Edit: 22 Feb, 2017 02:23
Nope, 46 achievements is enough and a grinding concept for a racing game is just tedious for many players play a same race again and once again even with passwords!

Now the set fits nicely with the last achievement added and let me say thank you again for your suggestion!

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account