Created 12 Jun, 2013 22:54 by

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+Sonic+the+Hedgehog+3+Mega+Drive
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+Sonic+the+Hedgehog+3+Mega+Drive
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+Sonic+the+Hedgehog+3+Mega+Drive

info.sonicretro.org/SCHG:Sonic_3_%26_Knuckles/RAM_Editing

Scott
Posted: 12 Jun, 2013 23:00
User suggested adding some time-based challenge achievements - what levels would make good 'time challenge' levels? We can use any of the levels: I can get to the part where Angel Island gets covered in fire within 45 seconds, but I reckon I could get that down to even faster :P

Completing the whole game without losing a life? Might make for interesting coding when we consider saved files (SRAM)...

Completing the whole game without taking a hit? lol

Wolferhu
Posted: 13 Jun, 2013 05:59
Your idea's pretty good:) I thought about one option the very first part of Angel Island as well till the burned part.
Maybe other time challenge would be cool on the Carnival Zone level (maybe the first part till Knuckles shut down the electricity) ,but there're many other good parts in the game. Or could be a timed Chaos Emerald achievement as well if it's possible. Get your first Chaos Emerald within 5 minutes or something similar:)

Wolferhu
Posted: 13 Jun, 2013 06:17
To complete the whole game without taking a hit would be really pretty interesting:P
That's even with the saved files could take for a while and after a while it could be frustrating probably:P
Anyway maybe could be few very difficult achievements in some game like these complete the game without a hit and similars. Those could be "Impossible achievements" (like on the Kongregate if you know it:) and those could worth the highest points (if the maximum point's 50 then those could be the 50 points achievements maybe).

jackolantern
Posted: 24 Nov, 2013 23:07

Scott
Posted: 24 Nov, 2013 23:46
Thanks for the report jacko! I've gone ahead and (hopefully) fixed these - the competition ones were caused by the fact that the default time is 0'00''00, which would be a 'fast enough time' lol

The others should also be fixed now as well. This game definitely still needs more cheevos though I think!

qwe
Posted: 25 Nov, 2013 00:37
Actually, maybe not. Looks like if you leave it running, it's still triggering. Need to find something unique to having gone into the game...

Edit: that's just the demo cheevos btw, the other time trial ones should be ok!

Scott
Posted: 02 Dec, 2013 00:33
Ah, demo achievements. Those buggers :P am gonna have to take another look.

Moving forward as well, new achievements? I like wolfy's speedrun idea in carnival night zone, could turn that one into a leaderboard v easily :) maybe a cheevo for now.

Time trial ones throughout could be interesting, especially when you have all sonic and/or tails, and after you complete a game, it gives you reason to revisit each level, which you can do easily one you've finished the game :) however using super sonic could make these unbalanced potentially...

Gotta add another no ring challenge, they're my favourites :) Brian did an awesome job checking the no ring challenge on sonic 2, I wonder if he'll be able to test some more... :)

lohankain
Posted: 25 Jan, 2014 18:14
The achievement "Competition - Grand Prix" as popped when i finishing the Angel Island Zone, before the robotnik appear.

Please take a look at this :D

Scott
Posted: 25 Jan, 2014 19:26
Hey lohankain - I'll take a look now, sorry about that!

Scott
Posted: 25 Jan, 2014 20:15
Hopefully that should now be fixed, thanks for reporting it lohankain!

jackolantern
Posted: 25 Jan, 2014 21:34
Got by dying underwater. Too much risk there I think.

lohankain
Posted: 26 Jan, 2014 03:28
Thanks Scott :D

JonnyRetro
Posted: 29 Jan, 2014 14:29
I think we need leaderboards for all the competition levels (seperately and grand prix)

I think it would get very competitive! :)

Pereira006
Posted: 30 Jan, 2014 00:39
We can add achievemets, how about beat game without using save and get all 7 emerelads ?
Page: 1 2 >

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account