Pass: 

Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure

AuthorMessage

Dexterspet
Posted: 09 May, 2015 16:55
Official Topic Post for discussion about
Created 09 May, 2015 17:55 by

Resources:
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.gamefaqs.com+Crash+Bandicoot:+The+Huge+Adventure+
www.google.com/search?q=site:www.longplays.org+Crash+Bandicoot:+The+Huge+Adventure+
www.google.com/search?q=site:en.wikipedia.org+Crash+Bandicoot:+The+Huge+Adventure+

Dexterspet
Posted: 09 May, 2015 17:59
Last Edit: 12 Aug, 2015 10:41
The person who was working on these at one point hasn't logged on for 2 years, so I'm taking over.

Achievements that should be coming unless I decide to change them a bit:
-Progression achievements, one for each world boss defeated.
-One achievement for each colored gem.
-All crystals and clear gems in a level = 1 achievement per level.
-Gold relic achievements, one for each world (5 gold relics per achievement).
-One platinum relic achievement for each level.
-101% completion achievement, which requires the secret level.
-Becoming invincible for the first time.

I will also make an effort to create leaderboards for time trials on each individual level, so look forward to that.

Leave suggestions if you have any, they help.

StingX2
Posted: 09 May, 2015 21:21
Looking forward to this, what we had up was always .....sad

Dexterspet
Posted: 11 May, 2015 13:33
Last Edit: 05 Dec, 2015 22:44
Still need to make the achievement for getting 101%, but feel free to still play through as loading the save file will get you the achievement afterwards.

Loading saves should work for all "completion" achievements, relic achievements will need a bit more work for ones previously gotten. If you have previously gotten a relic, enter the level you have the relic for and grab the clock, then leave to the warp room and you should get the appropriate achievements.

Also, if you have previously beaten a boss, just defeat the boss again and the achievement should unlock. Though if you have beaten it before, it may trigger upon starting the boss. This will not happen if you haven't beaten it before.

krazitrain
Posted: 12 May, 2015 09:58
Thanks for adding a great list, looking forward to playing it!

Dexterspet
Posted: 05 Dec, 2015 22:18
Last Edit: 06 Dec, 2015 01:33
I completely redid all the relic achievements with new methods I discovered while working on N-Tranced. This new code should be completely stable with all US versions of the rom and should no longer incorrectly trigger them or not trigger properly. For anybody who has been cheated of their relic achievement, just load up your file and enter the level to get awarded the achievement.

Dexterspet
Posted: 20 Jun, 2016 01:57
It would appear running this game through Retroarch causes problems and gives a lot of achievements improperly, whether it be on startup or while playing. It is most likely unsupported at the moment and I encourage anybody going for the Achievement of the Week to use the standard emulator if possible.

hansolo77
Posted: 21 Jun, 2016 01:58
Yeah, sorry about that. :)

WarriorTYS
Posted: 03 Sep, 2016 22:00
I encountered an achievement bug, but the "submit broken achievement" option just crashes the emulator, so I decided to post it here. When trying to achieve the platinum relic achievement for Just Hangin' it wouldn't pop up even though I got the relic. Please fix it! imgur.com/GZ12QpC

login

login to retroachievements.org:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account