October RANews is out!
Posted: 10 Oct, 2021 21:54
The October issue of RANews is out!
Cover by Nydaxn:
What you can find in this months issue:
- In the latest editorial, meleu talks about contributing to RA but the importance of taking care of yourself above all else.
- Check which events are currently ongoing.
- Stay up to date with the latest dev news.
- :pspwen: PSP LAUNCH!!! We have PSP dev tips and some background on the preparation for the launch of PSP support.
- Play This Set and Wish This Set are back with more entries.
- Master Biohazard 2 | Resident Evil 1.5 (PlayStation) with the latest RAGuide by Soulsderfuchs.
- 5 new RAdvantage tips from the community.
- ikki5 shares his memories of Banjo-Kazooie (N64) with a new Retro Throwback.
- Check out the list of new sets, revisions, rescores, and art updates.
- Find how you rank among the top 300 players on the site.
- We'll take a look at developer and user RAnniversaries this month.
- Find who ranks supreme when talking about mastery badges.
- Check where users are using their set requests.
- New Spot the Difference game featuring Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES).
- A RASpotlight interview with MrOwnership.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this months issue.
Posted: 11 Oct, 2021 00:53
Posted: 11 Oct, 2021 02:20
Dissidia: Final Fantasy is the first PSP game to join the Most Wanted charts. Finally some competition for the DS.
Posted: 11 Oct, 2021 02:54
I guess I lucked out with games that are relatively tame for PSP so far... every one I have dev'd for has just had its own normal/static RAM the same as all the rest, so I had no idea it was so bad for other things. Now I kinda want to see what some of that stuff looks like...
The trickiest thing for me so far is that, like RAP64, the savestate-RAM and battery-saves are not connected(probably for good reason), so there are times when system-saves/individual-battery-saves can overwrite something you were trying to find in RAM and make it harder to find if you don't know when system loads and overrides things. Apart from that, I had a weird juggle between different ways of detecting battery-loading that caused trouble at the last moments, but things seem to be otherwise okay so far.
Posted: 11 Oct, 2021 07:54
Last Edit: 11 Oct, 2021 07:59
You got BRS out pretty quickly or is it just me? Maybe creating a set isn't as time consuming as I imagined it would be. This is encouraging..
edit: oh wait, it took just over a month and that's assuming you started when you made a post stating you sign up. Lol me. For some reason I assume you started after Oct 1.. x-P
Posted: 11 Oct, 2021 10:55
MGN began Black Rock Shooter began development in late august. Check out the psp rollout article.
login to RetroAchievements:
or create a new account
or create a new account