Last Edit: 14 Aug, 2018 05:35
Official Forum Topic for:

1. Ogre Battle - The March of the Black Queen (USA).sfc
Ogre Battle - The March of the Black Queen (U) [!].sfc
Ogre Battle - The March of the Black Queen (1994)(Imagineer - Quest)(US).bin
ogre battle - the march of the black queen (usa).sfc
RA Checksum: 64a824be35bfbb7797e8cfe6cccc5dec
CRC32 Checksum: ACFDB7B8

Class achievements are complete for those who want to get a jump-start on the set.
Chances are that you won't want to use the majority of classes, but it really is hard work to earn classes.
My next priority is acquiring the zodiac stones.

has been a huge part of this set as well, and we're going to make this set kick ass.
THIS GAME IS LONG, and will probably have a set of around 90ish achievements.

stay tuned.

MrGuinas
Posted: 16 Oct, 2016 04:09
A lot of these achievements are broken... Shaman, Monk, Sorcerer, Lich... And if u recruit someone, like Phantom or Wraith, the achievement dont come... Master Samurai, some people has this achievement... i has 3 master samurai in 3 different roms of the game... and my achievement dont exist... Hard to have fun :(

MrGuinas
Posted: 16 Oct, 2016 14:39
If i know how to help u with this game, i'm completely available to learn!!

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 16 Oct, 2016 19:12
I wanted to take a look at this game's memory addresses (because it was one, if not the first game I learned to edit codes, which was really long time ago). For what I've seen so far, addresses seem to hold ok, so that doesn't seem to be the case why achievements aren't triggering.

There's a catch though, there are up to 100 units you can have in your control, and achievements cannot hold that many conditions (imagine needing 1 condition per unit, that's 100 alt conditions just there), so you cannot compare that many cases.

Therefore, that is most likely the reason why some achievements doesn't work (it can only compare up to the 70ish unit), else maybe the values are wrong, but I doubt it...

SamuraiGoroh
Posted: 16 Oct, 2016 21:13
I see a big problem I was afraid it would happen, since there's tons of text in the achievements (70ish alts for 38 achievements), the game cannot handle that much information and simply will not load the rest of the achievements.

Seems that trying to make an achievement for each type of character is not something the tool can handle. I would greatly recommend that achievements focus in something else, like beating a map in X days to mention something.

As a side note, not sure why if you open the forum topic from the game's page (), it sends you to another one and not here...:

MrGuinas
Posted: 16 Oct, 2016 22:32
Good idea. Some of the achievements works, and i got all of them lol. So, the last ones can be trade by new ones (Y)

Auron
Posted: 19 Feb, 2017 17:24
Some achievements would be good:

-Finish the game
-Finish the game(best ending)
-Get all knigths ( lans, etc.)
-One cheev per boss ( kill he or something like this)
-Finish ''FIRESEAL'' map ( dragon's raven.)

siouxerskate
Posted: 20 Jun, 2018 19:10
Doing a review of a FAQ of the game to remember some highlights I came up with these achievements:

- Finish levels/bosses - 29 total with Dragons Haven
- Recruit each special character - 18 total special charaters
- Recruit all 18 special characters( The FAQ I read had strategies to acquire all special characters...)
- Special Items - 15 Special or unique items
- Zodiac Stones - 12 different stones or 1 cheevo to hold all of them
- Endings - 9 different endings
- Lower ALI to 0
- Raise ALI 100
- Reputation to MAx
- Lower Reputation to 0

If I was to create these there would be 88 achievements. I haven't loaded up the game to see if these would be doable or not.

siouxerskate
Posted: 18 Jul, 2018 15:27
I am about halfway through the game with around 26 completed achievements and 7 that I need to dig in memory for a better way. The 24 completed are currently in unofficial. I'm making decent progress getting about 2-3 levels done per day. I have tested all the achievements I made once or twice but will be going through the game again to do a cleanup and full test once I get through. I'm hoping to be through the game by the end of the month. Anyone who wants to load unofficial achievements to test that would be helpful.

jeftah
Posted: 31 Jul, 2018 09:35
Last Edit: 31 Jul, 2018 11:20
I like your vision for these achievements! Can't wait for 'em to come out!

siouxerskate
Posted: 10 Aug, 2018 12:36
The set is created and live. I wanted to put a few notes in here.

Due to a few factors with memory and tool set some achievements aren't as elaborate as they can be. About half of the recruiting characters cheevos pop when you start a dialog with the character. NOT WHEN YOU SAY YES. I couldn't find a memory flag specifically for selecting YES(or No for that matter) when asked. On the other side I could have used the unique character ID for each special character but then the cheevo code would need 99 ALTs and that isn't supported- Max is in the 70s I believe.

So for some of the special characters the cheevo pops assuming you are going to recruit them. I changed the wording to "Meet XXX" and Not "Recruit XXX" to hopefully alleviate any confusion.

The only other cheevo with certain caveat is http://retroachievements.org/achievement/62785 . All of them need to be collected in one game session. I wanted to include this so someone couldn't just load a save file with all the stones.

Finally All the levels cheevos include checks for liberating all towns and temples EXCEPT for http://retroachievements.org/achievement/62809 where you arent allowed to liberate any towns(temples and hidden towns are OK)

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account