CRC32 Checksum: E63C23B1

Resources:
GameFAQs
Longplay
Wikipedia

SirVG
Posted: 23 Sep, 2014 19:35
Last Edit: 24 Sep, 2014 20:02
I've added Leaderboards for beating the game as Juste (best ending), Maxim, and for all boss rush modes (all players, all difficulties). You should be able to save/continue, based upon testing.

For developers, I've put together a pastebin describing how each part of the leaderboard works. http://pastebin.com/4mH1ZTvE

Edit: Tweaked the leaderboards. They will now only turn on during the Dracula Wraith fight, due to some people being annoyed by the timer in general. As a bonus, it does prevent it from re-turning on after submission and can allow for more categories.

Virsalus
Posted: 31 May, 2015 16:53
How do the Boss Rush achievements work? Do you need to play the game on Hard mode for those or can you select Hard for the Boss Rush even if you unlock them on a Normal mode file?

SirVG
Posted: 31 May, 2015 18:45
It's based upon the difficulty of the Boss Rush you choose. In order to unlock the harder difficulties of Boss Rush, you have to beat the easier versions.

Virsalus
Posted: 01 Jun, 2015 03:50
Alright, thanks for clearing that up!

Telerophon
Posted: 16 Aug, 2016 08:25
I forgot to mention here that I've added a few new achievements just last week.

They are:

The two merchant room achievements currently don't seem to work on LibRetro / RetroArch, but seem to work reliably in RASnes9x.

Also, within the past 48 hours I've found a bug in the Level 50 Achievement that allows it to be triggered in Boss Rush mode (it looks like Boss Rush mode scales Juste's stats for every boss, arbitrarily putting you over level 50 after a certain point). I have an idea of how to fix this (by monitoring the "Mode" memory address as well as the "Level" memory address), but I haven't had time yet to test it so it has not yet been implemented -- I need to make sure that memory address stays static and won't behave unexpectedly in the main game mode, robbing players of an achievement well earned.

These were my first achievements on the site! I'll admit that I had way too much fun tweaking pixel art for some of the badges, especially that fly Thriller jacket. Special thanks to for helping me out and guiding me through the process whenever I hit a wall, and for encouraging me to make achievements instead of just talking about it.

sergioad
Posted: 02 Mar, 2017 09:48
Last Edit: 02 Mar, 2017 10:47
Friends could you add ten achievements to harmony of dissonance?

1.- A nice map: get 100% map rate in castle A
2.- A horrible map: get 100% map rate in Castle B
3.- A trip at the haunted castle: get 200& rate at map A+B
4.- Wall crusher: get the crusher
5.- Herarth of fire: get the circle tip whip
6.- telrport!: discover all the teleporters in the castle
7.-A bone made key: get the skeleton key
8.- A healthy man: get all the life up jars
9.- King of hearths: get all the hearth upgrades
10.- Vampire killer: got each one of the whip tips

LedaAbadeer
Posted: 28 Apr, 2018 22:57
Last Edit: 28 Apr, 2018 23:04

Evilman
Posted: 20 Dec, 2018 10:35
I did a 100% run of this one long ago and some achievements didn't pop for me (and for many others looking at the game's wall too), I'm missing a couple of collectibles achievements yet I do have the etc. etc.

Is it possible to manually unlock the obvious remaining ones for me If I provide you my game save if needed ? I can go through the rest (merchants room etc) on my own if it's not locked to the first visit eventually.

I'm asking here because I'm not sure that filling 10+ reports for achievements not working is the best way to solve this :D

Hotscrock
Posted: 20 Dec, 2018 10:45
Most of achievements were edited a few months ago. If you plan to report better make sure the problem wasn't really fixed, since you played one year ago or so. And for manual unlock I am afraid you will need better proofs, cause battery files can be downloaded also.

Evilman
Posted: 20 Dec, 2018 10:51
Last Edit: 20 Dec, 2018 10:56
I'll give it a try in the next days to check if possible for the easiest ones to go, about the savegames I obviously understand it's possible to download save files, but IIRC Castlevania games lets you choose your own profile name, should be okay if it's my Retroachievement's profile name I think ? Also for manual unlocks, I was really talking about the obvious ones, as I said since I got the , I can't get this one without earning for example. Most of the ones I'm missing can be verified directly on my profile since I got most of higher ones requiring lower achievements.

BTW, can you confirm the linked versions are all confirmed working ? I used a European rom for this one (will verify which one), it worked fine except for the ones I'm missing, not sure why.

Hotscrock
Posted: 20 Dec, 2018 11:09
Those achievements were earned before the battery protection was added. But your request makes sense. Technically I cant help cause I am just the guy who edited those achievements. But you definately should try to send a message to RAdmin profile about that or join discord to have more access to admins if you can.

Evilman
Posted: 21 Dec, 2018 13:54
Okay no problems, thanks for the information. I'll try to contact the admins about this after giving it a quick check on my side !

Evilman
Posted: 13 Jan, 2019 08:33
So after this, I ran a bit around the castle on my previous save, and managed to unlock the ones I had the possibility to earn at this point in the game (related to the merchant rooms, and the easter egg summon). Worked without problems, so it's clearly fixed on my side when there was a problem the first time I played the game, good job :>

I requested a manual unlock for the remaining ones (related to quest events, unable to earn these ones at this point), thank you for taking care of this !

Deonix
Posted: 12 Feb, 2019 17:25
Can anybody add an achievement for 200%?

login

login to RetroAchievements:
User: 
Pass: 
or create a new account